Fully patched means sea invasion?

#1jakezing33Posted 5/5/2012 8:31:15 AM
So, after spending 6 years with a copy of the game that refused to be patched; alongside needing to get a new copy i got the game off stea...

and suddenly sea invasions!

did they change that with a patch, because people are very happy to actually expand by sea and not just land now
---
Currently Playing: Medieval II/Rome Total War Gold, Final Fantasy XIII-2 & Chrono Trigger DS
Xbox: Ssteiner209 | Steam: jakezing
#2PapaRosario23Posted 5/5/2012 9:40:51 AM
Not sure if it was changed in a patch, but certain factions are very likely to do sea invasions. It's an attribute that is given to these factions in one of the data files. Off the top of my head, England, Scotland, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, and the Italian factions are more likely to do sea invasions.
---
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
#3jakezing33(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2012 10:44:25 AM
but they almost never did it on my disc version.

not that im complaining haha
---
Currently Playing: Medieval II/Rome Total War Gold, Final Fantasy XIII-2 & Chrono Trigger DS
#4frybrain0094Posted 5/12/2012 6:33:50 AM
I just finished my first campaign, I saw a few sea invasions from Scotland and Britain
---
You can f*** my b**** Based God
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff4/frybrain94/basedgod.jpg
#5PapaRosario23Posted 5/12/2012 1:09:39 PM
^Scotland is a part of Britain.
---
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
#6jakezing33(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 10:31:13 PM
a summary

how the old game used to play:

Scotland would take over Britain if it survives.... and sit there.

nations could survive indefinitely if they were given an island to fall back onto should things fall apart for them on the mainland; so, Rhodes, Corsica and sardinia; also nicosia and crete

sea invasions rarely happened without a holy war to draw them across

sicily tended to expand north into the rest of italy.

game i have now

Scotland will land troops and take settlements without even taking all of Britain

Denmark moves around more.

Sicily almost always takes tunis, sardinia and tripoly

rhodes gets taken by somebody; and island invasions tend to happen more.
---
#7jakezing33(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 11:07:22 PM
fully patched has also it seems turned the area we call france into an absolute quagmire of a place as portugal and spain, while still bothering the moors, like to expand into the rebel territory there more, and milan continues its "hey france? IMMA DESTROY YOU" path, and the danes, HRE, english AND Scottish also compete.
---
#8Tae001Posted 6/2/2012 11:26:12 AM
Yes. I can confirm that. It was because of patch. I usually play with ver 1.0 and take any islands as I please. when I install Kingdoms (Which need full patch). France meet Sicily in Cagliari
#9Big_NabenduPosted 6/11/2012 10:05:37 PM
Portugal takes over Ireland,
---
Gnik nus eht semoc ereh.
Gnik nus eht semoc ereh. Gnihgual s'ydobyreve. Gnihgual s'ydobyreve. Gnik nus eht semoc ereh.
#10jakezing33(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2012 8:41:35 PM
Big_Nabendu posted...
Portugal takes over Ireland,

ive not had that happen yet, scotland (or sometimes england) tends to get there
---