Stamina

#1GhetsisPosted 2/15/2012 11:21:30 AM
What the heck do I do about stamina in this game? I'm enjoying it, but the ridiculously low stamina is really hampering my enjoyment. I use half of my stamina just watering two sets of seeds!

I've been eating food I find up in the mountain (Honey is great, about 50%, but I can't find it too often,) but I feel like that's a mixed bag, since I don't know if/where the food is. And besides, I should be shipping as much as possible.

I try fishing, too, but it doesn't usually recover very much, and it takes quite a bit of time.

I can't help but get the feeling that I'm doing something horribly wrong. How do I fix this?
---
PSX was a PlayStation 2 remodel, not a PS(1).
My Dragon Quest rankings: VII > IV > I > III > IX > II = V > VI > VIII
#2thedayeaPosted 2/16/2012 4:11:06 AM
Find the Power Berries - they permanently increase stamina. You can get one after finding 30 notes, winning the Swimming Festival, giving a pumpkin for the Pumpkin Festival, etc (there's a full list in the walkthroughs on this site). You can also upgrade your tools or just buy the tools already upgraded at the Junk Shop to save stamina.
#3CatMutoPosted 2/23/2012 7:32:22 AM
Easiest, and earliest, Power Berry to get is to win the Swimming Festival on Summer 3rd. Unless you already have 30 Notes, then bring those to the Godess Pond.

Enter the mine and dig the soil for Pontata Roots - they should be a good way to keep your Stamina up a bit. Otherwise sacrifice some Herbs - Honey isn't needed to bring any villagers in, so gobble that up.
The Perch Inn and Moonlight Bar will sell food when they open up in Summer. Really, once you've got even one Power Berry, you'll notice a great difference. Otherwise, as thedayea said, upgrade Tools to take less Stamina.

If you have AR, I'd suggest you use the Infinite Stamina code that's in my Faq.

C-A