Fighting turrets is so frustrating..

#1final_lapPosted 3/7/2010 5:45:20 AM
The grenade arc keep snapping onto the turret. I want to throw it around and hit the enemy mounting it. How do I make the auto-targeting thingy stop!? Or at least be able to make it snap onto the enemy and not the turret. (thought I think that would kind of take away from the challenge..)

In previous levels I was able to bounce a grenade off a wall or something so that it hits the guy not the turret, which is the only way I can do so without snapping onto the turret. But I'm in chapter 3-1 and encountered a turret in which I was not able to do this. It's freakin cheap. Help appreciated.
#2qi kingPosted 3/7/2010 12:37:23 PM
L + R targets the turret. Aim like you normally do to hit the Helghan scum. pro tip: both methods will damage BOTH the turret AND the enemy.
---
I'm undeniably awesome in every possible way.
#3final_lap(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2010 5:41:59 AM
The turret protects the enemy.

and I don't want to target the turret or the enemy. Either way the grenade hits the turret and as a result does not knock the guy off.
#4GonzafanPosted 3/19/2010 4:01:35 PM

Turrets have shields at their front. You may need to go to sneak close and aim for the turret controller.

#5final_lap(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2010 12:47:34 AM
There's no way to do this because the grenade always just snaps on to the turret.
Even if I throw it at the guy it just bounces off the turret.

as far as I can tell there is no way around this.
sucks...

Maybe there is something in the options though? to turn off auto-aim?