Why do I keep dying?

#1ZenoxioPosted 1/31/2008 5:29:44 PM
So I found my first boat, road it to the shore near the objective... snuck west along the coast. And I just died. So I re-loaded, entered the village, was behind a broken boat... and the same thing happened. I can't tell what is killing me in one hit.
---
-Zeno
#2ClaptonvaughnPosted 1/31/2008 5:39:51 PM
Sometimes getting stuck or running into debris gets me killed. It's typically when the object isn't "at rest" and it's still moving around a bit.

Not sure what's happening to you though. Have there been physics objects around you at the times you died?
#3S_D_MPosted 1/31/2008 5:42:11 PM
there are mine fields in the game and stepping on one will cause insta -death.. i don't know if this pertains to your situation though as they are well marked.
#4Zenoxio(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2008 5:42:42 PM
The 2nd time that boat and detached propeller was near me.

The first time I was just near a large section of rocks on the coast.
---
-Zeno
#5Pecone_PenevPosted 1/31/2008 6:00:50 PM
It's probably a bug! This game have a lot of them. Try loading diff save game-that should do it! It happens to me once in awhile. Good Luck!
#6Zenoxio(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2008 6:58:37 PM
I found out I did hit a mine once. But I can't tell unless I know it is a mine before I step on it.

Why do mines have no explosion sounds?
---
-Zeno
#7Sgt_RaymoPosted 1/31/2008 7:42:18 PM
Cause you're dead before you hear them...
---
"Look....at....me" - Snape
That says it all.
#8ClaptonvaughnPosted 1/31/2008 7:57:35 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one without mine explosion sounds.

I threw a barrel into a mindfield, and I saw at least 6-7 mines hop up and explode, but there wasn't any sound effect for the explosions. However there was sound for the rustling of nearby plants and debris hitting the ground. Just no "boom."

I'm not missing any other sounds as far as I can tell. I wonder what's wrong with my game?
#9Zenoxio(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2008 7:58:00 PM
That shouldn't matter. I can still see, can't I? If they're going to keep to realism, try to do it right.
---
-Zeno
#10Zenoxio(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2008 8:03:47 PM
Ah, so no mine explosives at all? I haven't set any off without dying.

Sigh.
---
-Zeno