The new way to dupe that could never be patched.

#1Silenced45Posted 2/20/2008 5:07:30 PM
By a memory card and a transfer kit. Backup your saves to your computer load rinse and repeat.
---
Fanboys are people who simply cannot afford all the consoles. That's why there are console wars. Period.
#2TheszNutsPosted 2/20/2008 5:18:54 PM
lol, not many players are willing to spend IRL money to just dupe on one game. You might as well ask players to give paypal for said dupes.
#3NonkimonoPosted 2/20/2008 5:21:46 PM
I never even thought of that. Guess that gives more use to my Kit, if I ever find the need to dupe.
#4TheszNutsPosted 2/20/2008 5:47:06 PM
Remember, not everyone can do this anyway. Some people don't have a memory card(could be using the HD), some players might be kids whos parents wont buy anything like that, and even more the transfer kits have been getting rarer and rarer since last July. You can never completely stop duping on this game, but the update has made it that much harder for those just thinking they'll dupe their way into an easy 1000/1000.

Btw, I do have both methods accessible on my 360 (HD to PC + MC to PC), and you more than likely aren't the first to do this *innocent look*

Another thing, and I need to point this out: Duping is cheating regardless. However, this isn't a case of duping, according to the ToS you are allowed to backup your own data. If you're trying to edit said data then it turns illegal but if the backup is merely backup it still falls within ToS regulations.
#5xsaudioPosted 2/20/2008 6:30:29 PM
I can't think of anyone who would pay $20 for a method to dupe. What are they thinking!! I mean, you could just buy some microshaft points and waste them on icons and stuff, but not to dupe..I mean back up your game saves.
---
xbox motto - "paid 2 play it my way" - need I say more?
#6ice__freakPosted 2/20/2008 8:10:26 PM
Stop saying rinse and repeat.....there is no Rinsing involved in any way what so every.
---
Creator of the Fetus Gun
#7Silenced45(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2008 9:37:50 AM
I've always had a memory card to take to my friend's house or whatever and it's not a waste of money. If you don't care about backing up your saves to the computer than that's your problem.
---
Fanboys are people who simply cannot afford all the consoles. That's why there are console wars. Period.
#8Silenced45(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2008 9:42:42 AM
By the way, it's not in the TOS that says you can't backup your saves. That's just asinine.
---
#9xsaudioPosted 2/21/2008 11:48:54 AM
Silenced: I think you misread the above posts, and I think you didn't detect the sarcasm in my typing. =) Nuts is saying it is NOT a violation of the ToS to have a backup. After all, several games will in fact let you copy from the hard drive to a memory card. Secondly, I do think it's smart to buy a transfer kit, if you can find one. There are many practical uses. For example, I only have the 20 gig hard drive. With the transfer kit, I can switch some things to the memory card, and then back it up to my computer. That way I have more space available. Then, if I want to go back and play those games again, I just restore the save. I can't help it if it works in other areas of THIS game. =) *innocent look*
---
xbox motto - "paid 2 play it my way" - need I say more?
#10karandras24Posted 2/21/2008 3:54:05 PM
tranfer kits are rare???

feel so sorry you guys across the pond, they are 10 a penny over here in the uk.

was thinking about getting one just to back up my saves considering i am on my 14th 360 in 2 years.

all of the 13 before this one had the old ring of death.

oh and on topic, you can never stop people duping, so there is no point complaining about it, just host your own games and don't let dupers join you if you are that against them.

---
Karandras24