HALO 2 XP - Activating LIVE and the Product Key Guide

#1user1500Posted 12/1/2008 2:18:54 PM
HALO 2 PRODUCT ID AND LIVE ACTIVATION INFORMATION GUIDE FOR WINDOWS XP

11/30/08 - halo2xpsupport@gmail.com - Games for Windows LIVE
======================================================================

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ACTIVATE THE PRODUCT KEY FOR HALO 2 ON WINDOWS XP

NOTICE: YOU MUST HAVE A LEGIT COPY OF HALO 2. PRODUCT ID KEY REQUIRED. HALO 2 MUST BE INSTALLED. NO DOWNLOADS ARE REQUIRED. CRACKS, PATCHES, OR ANY OTHER STUFF WILL MOST LIKELY NOT WORK. THIS WILL ACTIVATE YOUR PRODUCT ID KEY, ALLOWING YOU TO USE LIVE. HOWEVER, IT MAY BE CRASHY. HALO 2 PC WAS DESIGNED FOR VISTA, NOT XP, SO IT MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU, BUT IT MAY WORK FOR SOME. PLAYING HALO 2 ON XP MAY BE FINE ON SINGLE PLAYER, BUT IT MAY NOT BE FOR MULTIPLAYER. THERE COULD BE A WAY TO MAKE IT WORK FINE, SUCH AS SETTING HALO 2 AS HIGH PRIORITY OR FREEING UP RAM, OR A FIX THAT COULD MAKE IT LESS CRASHY AND LAGGY.

Download the latest LIVE version: http://h2v.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2249
Download the latest HALO 2 Version: http://h2v.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2232

The product ID location is located in the registry, just like HALO. Go to the Start Menu > Run > regedit.

It should be located in My Computer/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Microsoft Games/Halo 2/1.0
If not, find your HALO 2 registry location or create it.

Right click and create a new PID string value in the 1.0 folder, if it doesn't work try creating the PID string values in other HALO 2 folders. In the Name column it should say PID, and the Data column should have the Product ID key.

After that, you've registered the Product ID Key. To check if it worked, start up Halo 2, go to Settings, and then About. It should have your Product ID there. (I jumped with joy when I saw it) :]
Start up HALO 2 and register for LIVE, it might take you to a broken link but go back in-game and try again/see. If you need to register or log in your LIVE account using a seperate internet browser see FAQ.
Then you should have LIVE and the Product Key activated.

FAQ                           (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: Doesn't this violate the EULA of HALO 2?
A: GTFO!

Q: Does this work without a product key?
A: No.

Q: Where can I get a product key?
A: Buy one, or somehow get one.

Q: It's not working!
A: Try again.

Q: When I try to sign up for LIVE or log into LIVE in-game, it makes me minimize the game to sign up and the page it sends me to is not working.
A: Try going back in-game, or use the link below.

Q: Where can I sign up for LIVE or log into LIVE?
A: See the full version: http://pastebin.com/m30748524

Question not answered here? Contact halo2xpsupport@gmail.com -- Thanks to http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halo2/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-42849548&pid=932095
PLEASE SPREAD THIS AROUND THE INTERNET IF YOU WANT TO. KTHXBAI. Posting by user1500.
#2Tooncy2Posted 12/17/2008 7:07:06 AM

This is awesome, but when I try and join a server, I get an error telling me to insert my Halo 2 disk. So I put it in my DVD drive, but I get the same error. The game doesn't even seem to be checking for it in the drive. Any ideas?

#3user1500(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2008 8:56:46 PM

Try using those Insert CD Key patches, I'm not sure.. :x

Or if somebody finds out about this, they could make a patch and kaboom. This fixes the product id, but..

#4user1500(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2008 9:02:05 PM

Insert CD/Disk Patches* - mistake

Try searching torrents for those patches, HALO 2 XP INSERT DISK CD PATCH, such as dopeman's. I'm pretty confident that if dopeman or somebody else finds out they'll be able to fix it. I don't think they'll be any more problems. This part is fixed, and all there is left is to fix this insert disk error.

If you have any luck, please reply. I not bothering to try, too lazy.

#5mcnichoj18Posted 12/26/2008 2:18:47 PM
Good stuff, I'll try this out later. I've managed to play singleplayer before, but never could get the online patch to download the right way.
---
"Your mom likes guys!" | Women are like squared numbers, if they're under thirteen just do 'em in your head!
Brawl: 1633-3854-7464
#6Tooncy2Posted 12/27/2008 9:07:13 AM
The fixes I've seen for the gravemind thing all involve renaming some single player levels so the game gets tricked into loading them. It doesn't actually fix the bug with the CD. I don't think that will apply to multiplayer, since we can't even get ingame yet.
#7mcnichoj18Posted 12/27/2008 2:08:21 PM
^ I've got single player to work plenty of times, my only problem is that damn online patch. It never finished installing, and when I mess around with some stuff and I get it to install, I can no longer open H2 because it's says the program is already running.
---
"Your mom likes guys!" | Women are like squared numbers, if they're under thirteen just do 'em in your head!
Brawl: 1633-3854-7464
#8Tooncy2Posted 12/28/2008 9:41:56 AM
The patch is quite bugged. It takes a VERY long time to install it, but it does work. Start Halo 2 sometime, download it, and walk away from it for like an hour while it's doing its thing.
#9CSI_Mac_TaylorPosted 12/29/2008 8:38:01 AM
this is illegal
---
All I have to do is cover your big mouth and you’ll be dead, but that would be too easy and too boring
#10Tooncy2Posted 12/30/2008 9:28:26 AM
It violates the EULA, but f*** that. I paid for this game, I should be able to play it properly.