Revolts and Rebels.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Europa Universalis III
  3. Revolts and Rebels.
7 years ago#1

So I'm playing with the complete version of the game playing as Portugal. I've conquered most of North Africa but as I try and conquer around Cairo and other Mamluk provinces, massive rebel armies constantly appear. I'll be fighting a rebel army of over 9000 and then several more will appear in other provinces...then another 9000 man army with appear. Its just annoying.

Anyone know if there is something I can edit in the game files so this doesn't happen as often?

7 years ago#2
common\rebel_types.txt in your EU3 folder.

I'd imagine all you'd have to do is change the spawn_chance factor for each rebel type to 0.

If you think rebels are annoying, you'll hate pirates.
what?
7 years ago#3
I find pirates are very easy to take care of when you are not at war.

I usually split my massive mega-fleet up into many small ones and send them patrolling. Sometimes if I'm low on ships I'll just stick a single ship in the bothersome areas.

I don't think pirates spawn if something is in the zone. I've only had problems using this strategy because sometimes the AI would beat back a good pack of them into my ships.

War sucks though. The enemy will roll through everything if you don't put it back together in time.
Don't listen to Ondore's lies!
7 years ago#4
Having to send your patrol fleets back to port during war and then back to patrolling your sea zones gets annoying real fast.
what?
  1. Boards
  2. Europa Universalis III
  3. Revolts and Rebels.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived