Revolts and Rebels.

#1Shaner258Posted 7/16/2009 4:36:28 PM

So I'm playing with the complete version of the game playing as Portugal. I've conquered most of North Africa but as I try and conquer around Cairo and other Mamluk provinces, massive rebel armies constantly appear. I'll be fighting a rebel army of over 9000 and then several more will appear in other provinces...then another 9000 man army with appear. Its just annoying.

Anyone know if there is something I can edit in the game files so this doesn't happen as often?

#2Selkie808Posted 7/19/2009 12:20:04 AM
common\rebel_types.txt in your EU3 folder.

I'd imagine all you'd have to do is change the spawn_chance factor for each rebel type to 0.

If you think rebels are annoying, you'll hate pirates.
---
what?
#3kineticsoldierPosted 8/1/2009 6:35:42 PM
I find pirates are very easy to take care of when you are not at war.

I usually split my massive mega-fleet up into many small ones and send them patrolling. Sometimes if I'm low on ships I'll just stick a single ship in the bothersome areas.

I don't think pirates spawn if something is in the zone. I've only had problems using this strategy because sometimes the AI would beat back a good pack of them into my ships.

War sucks though. The enemy will roll through everything if you don't put it back together in time.
---
Don't listen to Ondore's lies!
#4Selkie808Posted 8/6/2009 7:32:42 PM
Having to send your patrol fleets back to port during war and then back to patrolling your sea zones gets annoying real fast.
---
what?