how am i supposed to explore?

#1_Metal-Head_Posted 7/31/2009 7:31:43 PM

i have a conquistodor with an army and im supposed to find cuba? how do i explore areas? thanks

#2iron_zealot7531Posted 8/6/2009 8:37:33 PM

you need a navy capable of traversing the high seas and an explorer leading them in order to explore sea provinces. An explorer is basically the naval equivalent of a conquistador

#3TheStaticPosted 8/7/2009 8:57:56 AM
Expanding on what the above poster said, you will need both the explorer for your navy and the conquistador for your army in order to find Cuba. Once on the island, you will only need the conquistador to discover the other provinces. During that time, you should probably have your explorer go around the island and open up the Caribbean.
---
Reckoner
You can't take it with you
#4kineticsoldierPosted 8/7/2009 11:43:51 AM
One other thing. Explorers can make finding coastal provinces much easier than offloading a conquistador. Just patrol the nearby waters with an explorer and the adjacent provinces will be discovered rather fast.
---
Don't listen to Ondore's lies!
#5Selkie808Posted 8/7/2009 2:55:15 PM
Your explorer/conquistador's maneuver rating will determine the chances of discovering an adjacent sea or land province.

If you're lazy, you can also set the spread of land/sea provinces as low as possible and just wait for Portugal or the other big colonisers to explore the world for you.
---
what?