Pls help; can't get past Alma in Elementary

#1badatcheckersPosted 2/22/2009 4:41:31 AM
This is not about the elevator door I've read about in another thread - that comes later.

I'm at the end of the Elementary level, switched off the gas pipe, crawled past the downed chopper and rejoined Stokes and Whatshisname. Then, when Alma grabs me, there is no way to repel her. I tried holding down melee or pressing and releasing, to no effect. The melee animation occurs whether or not I press melee, anyway. I must have tried it a dozen times already, standing in different places, etc, but Alma always kills me.

Possibly interesting bug #1: when Alma is roughing me up, the green name ID on the HUD reads "Stokes". This happens regardless of whether I was actually facing Stokes at the moment Alma atacks. If the game engine thinks I'm bashing Stokes, no wonder I can't get past this point!

Possibly interesting bug #2: Before Alma's attack go quickly to the locked double door and stand with your back to it, facing the guys. Then, when the scenery changes, Alma doesn't even attack: the animation looks like you're falling down a long way and you're killed instantly.

Thought there would be a way to report bugs at whatisfear.com, but that turned out to be expecting too much, I guess.

Did anyone else have a problem at this point?

(XP, Euro version of FEAR2 fwiw)
#2count_hamsteinPosted 2/22/2009 7:57:11 AM
ive the demo but i think she hurts you when she grabs you...and your hurt so when she grabs you you get hurt and if your hurt and get more hurt your dead
#3steker16Posted 2/22/2009 8:03:00 AM
yea i do remember one part where she came out and took a nice chunk of health from me..so you probably are at less than half health(however the hell you managed that) and it killed you, go find some health refil
---
Lotro: Vilya
Raines (Hunter) - Shockolate (RK)
#4nitroblastPosted 2/22/2009 12:00:15 PM
I just got stuck at this part too, I'm running the American version on Vista.
---
For the dragonbreed has grown in ashes, They bear the evil seeds, to fulfill the curs...to ravage the earth.
#5badatcheckers(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2009 12:37:33 PM
steker16 posted...
yea i do remember one part where she came out and took a nice chunk of health from me..so you probably are at less than half health (however the hell you managed that) and it killed you, go find some health refil

No, I was at full health and about 90% armor. When Alma grabs me, it takes about 15 seconds to go through all three medkits until I die.

I'm about to give up on the game, at least until there's an update. I've replayed the level from start, and this time I was at 100% health and armor, but the same thing happened. Really weird. Thanks for all the replies!
#6newxskinPosted 2/22/2009 1:17:32 PM
rapidly press your melee key
---
"Nothin' worse than a smart, dumb mutha*****" Kat Williams
#7D40-88Posted 2/22/2009 1:34:03 PM
Everytime you reload a save or load a new level, your health and armor goes up to full IIRC.
#8pereusPosted 2/22/2009 3:22:20 PM
ditto on what newxskin said. You rapidly press melee. There's been at least 2 other scenarios just like that, so I don't know how you haven't figured it out yet. Luck I guess.
---
"Screw it; I'll do it."
#9JoeK5142Posted 2/22/2009 4:37:14 PM
What's your melee key set to? Try to make it a keyboard key instead of the mouse if it's set up that way. Mine was Shift, and it worked fine.

If that doesn't work, (I know it's a long shot, but) try to lower the resolution. I've heard this could somehow help with this problem in the Answers section on GameFAQs.
#10nitroblastPosted 2/22/2009 7:04:16 PM
Rapidly pressing doesn't work. That was obviously the first thing I tried, and I'm sure the TC tried it as well.
---
For the dragonbreed has grown in ashes, They bear the evil seeds, to fulfill the curs...to ravage the earth.