Arcana

#1King__DiscordPosted 6/14/2012 11:23:41 PM
Akihiko Persona is the Emperor then why is his social link the star arcana?
---
---
The spirit of law and chaos (Mainly chaos)
#2YamagishiFuuka_Posted 6/14/2012 11:35:04 PM
Well, I assume because the Arcana in the social link isn't so much dependent on that person's arcana as in the arcana that fits that person in relation to the MC?

Besides, people aren't one dimensional so various arcana can fit them.

Gameplay wise, I think it was just a decision for them to be able to include an Akihiko social link without changing the student council link.
#3Akihiko__SanadaPosted 6/14/2012 11:35:52 PM(edited)
Because the Emperor social link was already taken.

The Star social link wasn't as interesting, nor as close to the story (not that the Emperor one was much either), so that one was better to take out.

Plus, his social link fit the Star arcana better.

EDIT: What Fuuka said.
---
I have to train, to protect what's precious to me.
Items: 2 Revival Beads | Status: Normal | Atk: Normal | Def: Normal | Hit/Ev: Normal | Crit: Normal
#4King__Discord(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2012 11:56:38 PM
YamagishiFuuka_ posted...
Well, I assume because the Arcana in the social link isn't so much dependent on that person's arcana as in the arcana that fits that person in relation to the MC?

Gameplay wise, I think it was just a decision for them to be able to include an Akihiko social link without changing the student council link.

The star arcana means hope and determination. The emperor arcana means power and egocentrism. Emperor fits Akihiko better rather than star.
---
---
The spirit of law and chaos (Mainly chaos)
#5Akihiko__SanadaPosted 6/15/2012 10:48:31 AM
The star arcana means hope and determination. The emperor arcana means power and egocentrism. Emperor fits Akihiko better rather than star.

Yeah, but since they wanted to keep the original Emperor social link, I don't think Star was a bad second choice.
---
Items: 2 Revival Beads | Status: Normal | Atk: Normal | Def: Normal | Hit/Ev: Normal | Crit: Normal
#6Yukiko__AmagiPosted 6/15/2012 10:51:07 AM
I have to wonder why this question wasn't posted on the P3P board instead.
---
Snrk...Ahahaha! This sig...is so funny...! Ahahahaha...!
Items: 1 Sedative, 1 Snuff Soul
#7The_VictorPosted 6/15/2012 11:21:54 AM
All of what Yamagishi-san said was true (hue)

A person's arcana and its social link can be 2 separate situations since I believe that Akihiko's personality fits that of an emperor but his determination, his background fits the star social link as seen in Persona Portable.

Comparing Kanji-kun's and hidetoshi's personality, both are very different from each other yet they both represent the emperor arcana.

"The arcana is the means by which all is revealed..." in a person's life :p

It's also because they wanted to add a social link for each party member just like P4, which is a pretty neat idea since us players can get closer to each character :D

King__Discord posted...

If you're assuming that his persona/Akihiko's personality fits the emperor better, you're right. After MC, Akihiko is best suited to be a leader (sorry mitsuru). His serious personality when it comes to fighting truly fits the emperor arcana's personality (which is well played by our fellow RPer :P).

*Spoilers*
However, when it comes to human interaction and understanding the people around him, he fails to be a proper emperor (where mitsuru comes in). His personality and his thirst for power is guided by the star arcana. He believes that by gaining power, he'll be able to protect the people he cherished since he failed to do so in the past (failing to protect his sister). He believes that it is the only way to do so. But when Shinjiro died and when the Mshe maxed his social link, he realised that power alone won't bring him to the right path. Even if became strong, he failed to protect Shinjiro and failed to seperate his sister from the Mshe for a time. Akihiko realized that he needs to actually protect and take care of the ones he cherished (correct me if I'm wrong) since he was so focused about his training, he didn't notice that the people around him needed attention too. Upon realizing that, his determination became stronger and his star arcana is completed: to realize that his chosen path is the right one and in order to do so he needs a perfect balance between his mind and his body.
*Spoilers end*

Besides, Hidetoshi's wanted power not for himself but because he believes that the law should be applied in order to maintain prosperity but blindly enforces it without understanding the meaning behind it. He isn't selfish but so determined he ignored the people's opinions. Once he learned that moral and ethics must be balanced with stability, he had the most surprising yet meaningful outcome in the end and I must say I was impressed :D
#8Akihiko__SanadaPosted 6/21/2012 10:36:56 PM
^
That was a pretty interesting post.
---
#9Chie-SatonakaPosted 6/22/2012 10:47:50 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Mitsuru__KirijoPosted 6/22/2012 11:05:08 AM
^ Interesting post, but you may want to mark P4 spoilers.
---
Stop reading my signature, s'il vous plait.