Is this game similar to disgaea? (spoilers)

#1completeboyPosted 10/19/2012 4:20:43 AM
because i have that feeling considering the large hit points it requires to kill a bunny type slime in the first forest, i did not liked disgaea and both games are on pending list of mine, the story is very hilarious and battling and leveling that much is insane and overall feels cheap. isn't nis involved in that series as well as this one?

anyways what can i expect from this rpg? i have not played any good traditional ps2 games except ff12, 10, grandia 2. i bought the console for the rpgs.
---
i am in love albeit its one-sided as of yet.
#2Runner_stylePosted 10/22/2012 7:57:57 PM
This game's nothing like Disgaea. It's more 'traditional' JRPG.
The battle system is more or less ATB.
You can walk around town visit shops, accept quests from the guild, and synthesis items at the shops, and interact/talk with npc's.

On dungeon maps you can collect resources, go fishing (which isn't really in depth fishing) and fight monsters.

Fighting monsters is fairly straight forward, on the dungeon map when you see a slime if you attack first you gain the advantage in battle, if you touch it without an attack it will gain advantage in battle.

The slimes on the dungeon maps don't represent what the monsters in the battle looks like.

It has a decent story to it. If you're into RPG games it's definitely worth picking up.

However I will say this, if you haven't played Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana, and Azoth of Destiny also pick them up, they're (imo) better than this game.
---
Remember kiddies, your opinion isn't fact. If someone disagrees with your opinion quit crying, get over it.