Problems Installing, and Patch 1.5

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 2142
  3. Problems Installing, and Patch 1.5

User Info: -riseagainst-

-riseagainst-
8 years ago#1
Hello Everyone!

I come to you with a problem, I purchased this game today, The Deluxe Edition, and tried installing it.

Installed and fine, So I play for a while in single player, because there were only a few servers on this unpatched version..

So I downloaded version 1.5 but I get a message that says "Conflict with Emulation Software detected" when I try to run the game.

I don't have any Emulation software on my computer.

Any remedies to this problem?

Thanks in Advance.

-riseagainst-
8 years ago#2
Ehh.. Hate to double post, but I am running Vista, I forgot to add that :P

User Info: Shadowhawk000

Shadowhawk000
8 years ago#3
Hmm Try Running as Admin and REinstall the Game Too.

-riseagainst-
8 years ago#4
I've Re-installed three times, and the "Run as admin" function, but 1.5 still doesn't work.

Whatever version I have installed right now, works, and has about 4 servers on it, which is enough for now =/

User Info: nayhem

nayhem
8 years ago#5
I think Punkbuster is responsible for emulator checking. Update it at evenbalance.com. If that doesn't help, ask around there what programs they consider emulators.
"I may have been a cruel dictator, but I kept gas prices under $2!"

User Info: bigjcvegas

bigjcvegas
8 years ago#6
that is a punkbuster issue
GT=bigjcvegas1 psn=BIGJCVEGAS
http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6187914/videoplayerpop?

-riseagainst-
8 years ago#7
PB issue?
Right on, I'll give that a try,

Thanks for the help, guys.

-riseagainst-
8 years ago#8
Well.

I re-downloaded patch 1.5

Updated punkbuster, and still getting the "Conflict with Emulation Software Detected" message.

What the heck is with this? Does the game just hate me?

User Info: badkarma77

badkarma77
8 years ago#9

-riseagainst- posted...
...still getting the "Conflict with Emulation Software Detected" message...

Weird. That error is usually what you would see if you're trying to run a game that uses anti-piracy software, such as Starforce and it detects emulation software on your PC. BF2142 doesn't use Starforce and as far as I know doesn't use any anti-piracy software. That's why you have to have the CD in your PC to play the game.

User Info: ssnewton

ssnewton
8 years ago#10
i had the same problem just keep downloading new patches it took me about 6 or 7 until I found one that worked, make sure to reinstall the game everytime u try a new patch try this url, it will direct u 2 4 websites with patches, i downloaded all 4, i dont remember hich one
worked but i know 1 of ems good

http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf/battlefieldnewsdetail.aspx?site_id=B8KOM4UD-5RHY-7JEIWHPH&storyid=23431
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 2142
  3. Problems Installing, and Patch 1.5

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived