Provinces won't let me liberate them?

#1Jouger_DPosted 5/19/2010 9:24:35 AM
Well you see I have been going around to ALOT of different provinces, to liberate them, and they never give me the option to liberate?

What's going on? Is there like an order of which they need to be liberated? All it's giving me is side missions?...

I have liberated all of the Riojas places completed majority of the game and it won't let me liberate when I stop by?

Thanks~

---
Could I Get A Raise -- X.X
#2baby ice dogPosted 5/19/2010 11:53:53 PM
I'm pretty sure it is the story missions which unlock the option to liberate regions, so if you don't have the option on one yet, keep working through the story. It's a while since I played, but I think if you highlight a region on the political map it should tell you whether it is "unstable" (i.e. ready for liberation) or not.

---
-: bite first, ask questions later :-
#3LancetJadesPosted 5/29/2010 8:35:19 PM
If the region on the political map is blue or green, it can't be liberated (blue = stable with government control, green = liberated already). It has to be red.

Provinces are destabilized (made red) via story missions.

---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#4OrgeLambartPosted 6/14/2010 4:36:10 PM
I'm having something very similiar, I went back to finish up what I had left before starting JC2 and noticed alot of my settlements and military instillations couldn't be liberated for some reason.

When I head up to them, they give me a side mission instead of a liberation, when the settlement is still clearly under the controll of the government.

Very odd, hope it doesn't make me have to restart my game.
#5LancetJadesPosted 6/14/2010 10:20:19 PM
I had that issue with one military base (I forget which). I don't know exactly why it happened, but I had to go a ways away, then return to it (from a different direction). Then the guy gave me liberation mission instead of a side mission.

---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#6baby ice dogPosted 6/15/2010 11:54:35 PM
Yeah, ditto, I had one base that was particularly troublesome - I'd kept failing it, and when I reloaded and came straight back to it, there'd be no liberation option. It was one in the south, by the waterside, underneath a very high bridge. As LancetJades says, going away and then coming back again seems to clear it, it's frustrating but not game-breaking.

---
#7LancetJadesPosted 6/16/2010 12:21:51 AM
That's the exact base I had trouble with. The damn tanks in it fired no matter where you were.

---
Lost, but not forgotten.
#8baby ice dogPosted 6/17/2010 2:12:25 AM
Haha yeah, I tried a couple of different approach routes and every time I'd start getting cannoned repeatedly from one barricade or another. In the end I got through with luck only - a tank didn't appear, or wasn't manned, or something like that, so I could gain myself a foothold and work with that. I wonder if that base is special for this liberation option glitch, or if it's just more obvious because it tends to require more retries :/

---