Stange Solution to Puzzle

#1THE__ENDPosted 2/11/2009 10:31:46 AM
This game is awesome but man it sure has some strange solutions to the puzzles! I am at the part where you have to extinguish the flames for the door to open. I was looking all over the place for an item that would blow out the flames to no avail. Then I tried rolling past the flames at various angles hoping the breeze from my rolls would blow out the candles. Finally, I gave up and looked at the FAQ for the solution. Man I would have NEVER figured this out without the guide. Thanks to everyone at gamefaqs who submits these wonderful walkthrough guides. You saved me on this one!

---
Now, spirits, grant me the strength to finish this... one... final prey...
#2ShawnthegamerPosted 2/11/2009 6:08:55 PM
The "put the map against the wall" puzzle got me. Who would have really thought about that?
---
Wii Friend Code - 6174 6647 1269 9790
Nickname - Shawn
#3_ds_king_Posted 2/11/2009 9:13:40 PM
on that map one I got so mad that I just went to shut my ds of but I did not all the way so when I opend it to see if it was still on its was all "good work"
#4lil_literalistPosted 2/11/2009 10:47:17 PM
On the map one for me, I was trying to figure it out when a distraction came up and I closed the DS. I had read a FAQ about that, but had completely forgotten it until that accident.

The flames weren't incredibly hard for me to figure out, though.

That's one thing I like about this game. They take full advantage of the features of the DS.
---
"Spartan, you destroy your credibility almost everytime you post. That must take skill." -TheCyberLink2000
#5XxAndewxXPosted 2/12/2009 10:06:54 AM
I found those new gameplay refreshing, but a little easy... I didnt have any difficulty solving anything in this game, except the maze island.
---
FC in my profile. Quebec, Canada.
GHWT FC: 438255283622
#6West_WindsPosted 2/20/2009 6:06:39 AM
I didn't have any trouble figuring out the candles. Seriously in real life if you knew you had to put out a candle what would you naturally be inclined to do?

But that map.... I sat there for a good hour trying to rub the symbol with my stylus in different ways thinking "Press my map against the symbol? WHAT?!!?!" While my friend was on her computer.

Then it dawned on me what to do, I looked over at my friend who had been watching me get all frustrated. I said "I feel like an idiot." and explained the situation to her, then close my DS. And what do you know? XD
#7AltorinPosted 2/28/2009 3:15:49 AM
"But that map.... I sat there for a good hour trying to rub the symbol with my stylus in different ways thinking "Press my map against the symbol? WHAT?!!?!" While my friend was on her computer.

Then it dawned on me what to do, I looked over at my friend who had been watching me get all frustrated. I said "I feel like an idiot." and explained the situation to her, then close my DS. And what do you know? XD "

You know, that's EXACTLY my story about that puzzle, except I solved it THEN went and told her about it.

The puzzle in the ghost ship for the switches...

I was doing the combination from left to right - first 2, then 4, then 5, then 1, then 3... then I thought "well, everything in this place has been a lie", so I went backwards.. then from the right instead of the left, then backwards that way.. When it dawned on me what I was doing wrong.. I felt so stupid..
---
If I don't make it out alive, tell my wife hello.
#8AltorinPosted 2/28/2009 3:19:49 AM
Also the Uncharted Island... I really was stumped on that.. I charted the island, saw that it sort of looked like a boat, but I couldn't fit the pieces together the way it seemed to want me to.. so I ended up just messing around with them until I got it right.
---
If I don't make it out alive, tell my wife hello.
#9West_WindsPosted 3/3/2009 10:27:51 AM
The uncharted island looks more like a whale to me, than a boat.
#10Super_N3rdPosted 3/3/2009 11:44:38 PM
^^ It IS a whale