It's a longshot, but could anyone trade ship parts?

#1DrOrpheus42Posted 7/3/2012 2:18:00 PM
I realize this is an old game that probably not many people play anymore, but is there anyone who has spares of any of these three ship parts to trade? The parts I'm missing are:

Paddling Wheel
Golden Handrail
Barrel Shack

I can offer any ship piece in return other than those three, the Practical Bridge, and the Horn Chimney. Also, we'd have to play a round of the online battle mode for tag mode to work, right? So if there's any Big Plays that you'd like to complete, I have no problem throwing the match to help you do them if you like. My Friend Code is 0648-2121-4044; if anyone's up for it, let me know when you can, it'd be a big help.
#2DrOrpheus42(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2012 4:56:48 PM
Weekly bump, in case anyone thought I haven't been checking this topic. Still missing the same parts.
#3avengahPosted 7/9/2012 6:08:01 PM
I'm replaying the game now, but I've only just started. Give me a little while and I'll be happy to do it. I might want some Big Plays; if I do, the simplest way to deal with that is to pick Level 4 and not move at all; I can take care of everything from my end. (I have to say not to move, because someone who tried to move his phantoms out of the way ended up getting me killed... and he picked a random stage which started with Force Gems in both bases, automatically preventing the Big Play for not letting your opponent score...)

Anyway, we can sort that out later, though, if that's OK with you.
---
My Pre-Hooktail Pit Run of Paper Mario: TTYD without Mega Rush P!
Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5045EE00B4B9581F
#4avengahPosted 7/19/2012 2:50:30 PM
Not sure when these topics expire, but I'm doing the last couple of temples now. My ship parts are building up nicely; I've still not got any Golden Handrails but I intend to have got everything myself by the end of the game. Give me a couple more days and I should have everything for you.
---
#5DrOrpheus42(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2012 5:06:44 PM
Sounds great. And perfect timing too, I just got back from vacation. Let me know whenever you'd like to do this.
#6DrOrpheus42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 2:25:17 PM
So... Is this trade still happening? It's been a couple of weeks now without any posts on this board. I'm still looking for the same ship parts, and I'm still checking for any posts here. If you, or anyone else, wouldn't mind setting up a trade, the offer still stands.
#7avengahPosted 8/6/2012 9:29:41 PM
Yeah, my internet connection is faulty at the moment and keeps cutting out. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, and as soon as it is, I'll be ready to do it. I've got all the ship parts now. Sorry for the delay.
---
#8avengahPosted 8/16/2012 10:17:32 AM
It's sort of fixed now. I've noticed I have to change my router's settings for my DS to work with it, but I've created two profiles; one normal and one for my DS. It seems to be working OK, but the phone line's still a bit crackly so I hope it doesn't cut out. Anyway, let me know when you want to do this, and tell me what you want me to put in my boxes. I don't mind what you give me in return, as long as I get the Big Plays. Sorry about the wait!
---
#9DrOrpheus42(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 10:43:15 PM
Excellent! Well if you're still up for it, any time during a weekday would work out well for me, since I'm usually away from home on weekends. If you'd like a set time... perhaps around 8 pm tomorrow (eastern time)? Any time after noon on a weekday should be fine really, so just let me know.

As a reminder, if you could put a Paddling Wheel, Golden Handrail, and Barrel Shack in the trade boxes, that's all I need. Once we connect, I'll be sure to pick Stage 4 and sit perfectly still unless you tell me otherwise, and I'm happy to stick around for as many rounds as you need.

Oh, and I'll be needing your Phantom Hourglass friend code too. Mine is 0648-2121-4044. Let me know when you'd like to get started.
#10avengahPosted 9/3/2012 5:51:34 PM
Sorry for the delay, got several things going on at the moment. So, if you pick a time in the next few days, I'll make sure I stick to it. I'm in England, so British Summer Time, which is GMT+1. I think that makes me five hours ahead of you, so I'm thinking some time between 8 and 11pm for me, so 3 to 6pm for you? Or something like that?

I've not been online on this file, so I've not got a friend code yet (it seems I need a different code for each file). I'll sort that out soon. Having not done this for a while, I'm trying to work out the most efficient way to do this. I think it can be done in two rounds - I'm pretty sure I can get something like 11 or 12 of them in one round, then the rest in the next. I'll post what I'm going to do when I've worked it out, but I know there are a couple of mistakes in the descriptions (e.g. Master is not No Miss and Guardian, but No Miss and Guard King). It doesn't really matter though; I'll just work out which individual ones to go for and the combined ones should fall into place.
---