Best Class for a PvPer

#1C3lt1c_L0r3Posted 9/3/2009 6:19:25 PM

What are the best pvp classes in the game, based on fun, functionality and strength? I've always been an avid pvper and I'll be focusing on that once the game is released. Right now i'm leaning towards, templar, cleric, ranger, or sorc.

#2SorbzPosted 9/3/2009 6:22:13 PM
Apparently Templar is the uber class, with awesome def, great damage potential and can heal. From what i've heard. I'm personally going assassin, but im joining in a group to start with so we are sticking to raids.
---
I don't want your cat you filthy pork queen
#3ShezPosted 9/3/2009 6:31:03 PM
Of those I would enjoy Sorcerer the most. Formidable opponents in PvP too.

Clerics received a major nerf after being the most dominant class for some time, this combined with low DPS doesn't make them suited for solo PvP. In a group they are usually targeted first by organised opponents since they are considered the backbone of the party.

Sorcs/Rangers will excel in large battles where the two sides form a stalemate and do not advance/retreat (I experienced this mostly in EU, less so on the US servers) and solo they should do well picking off targets.

Templars are usually straight-up ignored in small to mid-size fights due to their lack of DPS, in large battles they might get to pick off a few enemies if they have some good healers behind them so that they can rush into a group.

---
Shez
Aion - Chosen Existence - www.chosenexistence.com
#4ShezPosted 9/3/2009 6:33:01 PM
Apparently Templar is the uber class, with awesome def, great damage potential and can heal

In 1v1s they are very good endgame, but the fact is that most classes will probably be able to escape before a Templar can kill them, if needs be.

---
Shez
#5SorbzPosted 9/3/2009 6:35:54 PM
Just out of interest, how come clerics aren't protected in virtual war the same way that medics are protected in real war, i.e you can't attack them till the party is dead?
---
#6ShezPosted 9/3/2009 6:37:45 PM
Are you implying that the Priest class should be granted immortality up until the point that anyone they have partied with are dead?

Seems quite absurd.

---
Shez
#7SorbzPosted 9/3/2009 6:41:42 PM
Apparently sins can use bows as well as rangers, just not as well, but that doesn't seem right. But apparently bows are available to all scouts at the start of the game.
---
#8ShezPosted 9/3/2009 6:53:41 PM
Yes, sins can use bows, but never as a primary weapon. Primary should always be a combination of daggers or swords. Bows are simply a utility that allow sins to pick off targets when they try to flee, or are out of melee distance for whatever reason.

As you correctly said, bows are available to sins since the are part of the scout class.

---
Shez
#9SorbzPosted 9/3/2009 6:54:54 PM
Yeah seems stupid now that i think about it, sorry guys. I guess there could be an unwritten rule that you don't attack clerics, but meh. DEATH TO CLERICS. haha
---
#10ShezPosted 9/3/2009 6:58:03 PM
The unwritten rule, as of now, is clerics first. What class are you planning on playing?

---
Shez