Aion, now the number 6 board for PC

#31machetemanPosted 10/23/2009 4:06:07 PM
FFXI is still going strong 5 years later, 6 years here in a few more months.

Having WoW Subscription Numbers =/= The norm. Remember when you were in middle school math, and you were learning about the Mean, Median, and Mode? And how you learned about Outliers? Take a wild guess what WoW is.

...FFXI isn't Aion? FFXI is a completely different MMO than the rest.

Aion is a glorified Korean MMO with pretty graphics and nothing else.

The depth and quality of FFXI's content is years ahead of Aion.
#32DuDuDu10101Posted 10/23/2009 4:09:09 PM
Alright alright we get it... now go away to your own board?

if you have so much to rant about go make your threads in the places where people DO care... trolling around is the lowest life form on the internet... go make yourself useful and get a life
---
Y(^_^)Y
#33Mr_Cloud_StrifePosted 10/23/2009 4:41:59 PM

You didn't even play Aion, amirite?
---
PSN: Elazu
#34Square fanPosted 10/23/2009 5:25:47 PM
Damn...You're right no one plays Counter Strike any more....Oh yeah and CoD4 is dead also.....There also is no one playing L4D...Damn only FPS with a sizeable player base still is Team Fortress 2. Also Lotro, AoC, and FF11 just closed all there server because they notice there boards aren't in the top 10. Wow...It's crazy because it's like your a total Gamefaqs fanboy....I didn't think someone could be so stuck on a forum site...

No need for name calling, especially since I stated that their is definetly a correlation not a direct link or did you just get angry because I'm not saying your game is good and agreeing with you.

Besides, it's common sense, what do you think statistical analysis is. You take a chunk/sample from a population carry out calculations on trends and then deduce results of the whole population from the sample. Obviously, it's not completely accurate like the examples you give on top, but more times then not, it does give a decent overview of trends.

Oh and I assume like many people such as myself, though gamefaqs isn't their board of choice for a particular game, they visit it non the less (the faqs and player reviews are enough for me to visit this place every once in awhile).
#35BizzyBrm27Posted 10/23/2009 6:48:33 PM
The other night every single server was listen as Recommended :-/

The Free months are ending around now so it makes sense.
#36Ness0123456789Posted 10/23/2009 6:58:08 PM

FFXI is still going strong 5 years later, 6 years here in a few more months.

Having WoW Subscription Numbers =/= The norm. Remember when you were in middle school math, and you were learning about the Mean, Median, and Mode? And how you learned about Outliers? Take a wild guess what WoW is.

You were whining about how a grind-fest of an MMO has no place of survival in the WoW-saturated market. As much as I love and adore FFXI, it's about as Korean Grind-fest as you can get. No quests for EXP, just grind mobs for it, and what a grind it is. EXP loss included.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#37manthatsfunhahaPosted 10/23/2009 8:11:02 PM
Aion isn't dying, not even close. They just created more servers recently because they didn't expect so many players to join the game.

Aion is very fun, with the lowpoint being levels 20-25. 25+ is an absolute blast and I feel bad for people who never got to see the abyss. :/ I wouldn't say Aion is better than WoW, but in my honest opinion, Aion is much better than every other MMORPG...and I've played a lot.

It's a bit grindier than most MMOs at some points, but again 25+ is much better than this regard. As a level 33 gladiator I have 28/30 quests filling my log waiting to be done, with maybe 3 of those being repeatables.

The reason this board fell to #6 is not because of a decrease in popularity of this game. Not at all. Borderlands just came out and is getting great reviews, attracting a lot of attention. Dragonage: Origins is a new Bioware game that comes out in less than 2 weeks, I think that's enough said right there. MW2 is active right now due to Activision's recent announcement regarding dedicated servers. And the TF2 board is always going to be very popular.

Despite this common knowledge, those who feed off angering other people will try to find anything to go off of. Rather than playing a game they enjoy, they get their "fun" in bothering people. It's just the sad part of life I guess. We know these people as "trolls," but in the end rather than be angry at them, we should have sympathy and understanding, for they are their own destruction. The hatred they breed on gaming forums reflects the hatred they inflict upon their friends and family in real life, and their own misery.
#38da_siegePosted 10/23/2009 10:35:45 PM

..FFXI isn't Aion? FFXI is a completely different MMO than the rest.

people provide an example for a valid argument, then you'd say... you can't do that! it's not the same!

but it's a valid argument. someone just undermined your point and you cant accept that fact. signs of a losing argument.
#39CoolsvillaPosted 10/23/2009 10:50:47 PM
I don't think it really matters what position on the list Aion is. Just because a game is high or low doesn't make it a good or bad game.
---
Sing, Benihime
#40Lethal EndPosted 10/23/2009 11:42:56 PM

No need for name calling, especially since I stated that their is definetly a correlation not a direct link or did you just get angry because I'm not saying your game is good and agreeing with you.

Oh and I assume like many people such as myself, though gamefaqs isn't their board of choice for a particular game, they visit it non the less (the faqs and player reviews are enough for me to visit this place every once in awhile).

No, I didn't mad because you didn't agree with my opinion. Actually I never stated anything about Aion. I just used logic. Counter-Strike and CoD 4 both have a big player base and they are not in the top ten. There is a lot of people stuck on this site. I just picked you because it was easy to show examples of what was wrong with your statement.

Besides, it's common sense, what do you think statistical analysis is. You take a chunk/sample from a population carry out calculations on trends and then deduce results of the whole population from the sample. Obviously, it's not completely accurate like the examples you give on top, but more times then not, it does give a decent overview of trends.

Yeah...Thanks? Just looking at were a forum is in a list isn't going out of your way to analysis something. There is more to it then this.