How active is aion now?

#1ilive4evaPosted 1/29/2011 1:22:18 AM
Played aion when it first game out and only stopped because i was hacked when i had 4 daeva armour and the hacking destroyed a piece (epic nerd rage ensued!!!!).

Started playing wow recently and is liking the game itselt alot but not the people that play it. Completely full of elitist and 12 year olds.

So i was think of coming back to aion with a fresh start and was wondering how active the servers are? Mainly interested in the eu server ( if there are any other eu players on here) but will take a view of the us servers as well.

Thanks for reading my post.
---
Can you stop calling her Momma, it's quite unnatural for a guy your age:- Tolten; Lost Odyssey.
#2XyleTheAlmightyPosted 2/16/2011 12:41:26 PM
Pretty much dead. Private servers have more players than retail Aion. The server I played on several months ago had about ~1000 or less players. One of them only has ~200. They merged down to like, 6 servers from whatever they had originally and there are rumors of another merge coming soon.
---
"I have an ongoing battle in arcades against AAA. I don't know who he is or how his skills are so widespread, but I've vowed to defeat him." - JakaIDX
#3signalr_nnerPosted 2/20/2011 9:52:15 PM
What Xyle stated is mostly false. The North American servers are alive and well, with way more than 1000 players each server. There are more players each server after the merge (obviously). Nezekan, the oceanic server is near dead and they're offering transfers off that sinking ship.

I have no idea about European servers, which Xyle may have been referring to.
---
gamertag - signa1runner
psn id - signalrunner
#4signalr_nnerPosted 2/20/2011 10:00:47 PM
Didn't see the part about EU servers in first post. But yeah, NA servers are fine and I know absolutely nothing about EU servers.
---
gamertag - signa1runner
psn id - signalrunner
#5xmarkerzxPosted 2/21/2011 12:04:25 PM
Zikel Asmos need you!
---
!
#6ElestrielPosted 2/24/2011 11:58:16 AM

Zikel Asmos need you!

They really do! Please, join their ranks so I can slaugh-- I mean say hello!
---
"What is the mass of a feather?"
"One featherweight, obviously. So, all we can be sure of is that it's under 126 pounds."
#7azzaroksPosted 2/24/2011 2:04:29 PM
Nezekan doesn't have many players on, but yes they are offering server transfers. The other servers though (I have characters in various servers), seem full of life to me. No worries finding groups for instances
---
"I'm a warrior! Not a... variety of flower!" - Vegeta
#8torchie17Posted 2/24/2011 4:11:12 PM
I've been thinking of getting back into playing Aion too, I played when it came out but cancelled my sub because of university. In terms of bots and what not, how are the NA servers doing?
---
Playstation Network ID: torch17
Aion Online In-Game Name: Sack Boy (Asmodian Assassin)
#9XyleTheAlmightyPosted 2/24/2011 10:38:34 PM(edited)
What Xyle stated is mostly false. The North American servers are alive and well, with way more than 1000 players each server. There are more players each server after the merge (obviously). Nezekan, the oceanic server is near dead and they're offering transfers off that sinking ship.

If what I said is false, how come InfiniteAion (just ONE private server) has 22,000 unique players daily with 4,500 players on each of its two servers at any given time? Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.
---
"I have an ongoing battle in arcades against AAA. I don't know who he is or how his skills are so widespread, but I've vowed to defeat him." - JakaIDX
#10XyleTheAlmightyPosted 2/24/2011 10:40:21 PM
Also, I stated retail had ~1000 players per server (which you also said) with a fairly dead Oceanic server (which you also said). How on earth is most of what I said wrong, when 50% of what I said was ALL of what you said? ^_^
---