Most fun class to play?

#1TheWarhammeronlPosted 3/31/2012 1:21:51 PM
Hey all, i played Aion back when it first came out, but i cannot remember any of the details about my old account.

So i decided to make a trial and install the game, then continue to play once it goes F2P.

SO i was wondering on some opinions one what the most fun classes are.

I played a Gladiator and templar (? it's been so long, the tanky heavy armor class) so those are out.

I usually play rogue classes in other MMOs, so how are they here?
Also i remember back when i played i really liked what i saw from the DPS caster class.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#2nhatPosted 4/2/2012 7:22:59 AM
The sins (assassins)? They sound fun to play, they can equip a bow too.

I play Spirit Master since I played pet classes in other games and I enjoy it. I might play Sins next.

Rangers are pretty good in PvP, you do have to kite a lot.

This game give stat bonuses when you move too.
---
PSO- 09
#3XyleTheAlmightyPosted 4/8/2012 2:58:30 PM

The sins (assassins)? They sound fun to play, they can equip a bow too.

I play Spirit Master since I played pet classes in other games and I enjoy it. I might play Sins next.

Rangers are pretty good in PvP, you do have to kite a lot.

This game give stat bonuses when you move too.

"Can" doesn't mean should. And they shouldn't, unless it's for a pull...but there are better ways to do it than a bow.

Aion is one of those games where I actually enjoy playing almost every class. I'll do my best to break them down for you. Please note I haven't played in a while, so some of this information may be outdated.

Gladiator - Possibly one of the best end-game PvP classes. Can tank decently well in PvE also. I recommend a polearm for PvP and a greatsword for PvE.

Templar - The only class I haven't spent significant time with. I'm not a huge fan, but they have their place.

Assassin - Used to be beast in PvP until every class got a remove shock skill. They also suck at aerial combat. Despite all this, they are VERY fun to play still.

Ranger - My favorite class in all of Aion. With ranger you'll be beast at both PvE and PvP, if you know how to play one correctly. Utilizing snares and crowd control is vital to being a succesful ranger.

Chanter - Interesting class. They provide buffs, DPS, and minor heals. I've seen chanters heal almost as good as some clerics, and they're one of my least favorite classes to go up against in PvP. My wife swears by chanter, but I've never been particularly good at it.

Cleric - Full on healer. Not much else to say. If you pick cleric, you WILL be doing heals, 99.9999% of the time. They have some very good Damage Over Time spells, and their Blind stigma is the bane of any melee character in PvP. Speaking of PvP, expect to be the center of attention of EVERY ENEMY you come across. You'll be the first one they try to kill, and the one they pursue the hardest. A good cleric is invaluable to any team.

Sorcerer - Great DPS, great crowd control, fairly fun to play. Probably one of the easiest classes to play, also. Open with snares and you'll usually be able to kill an enemy before it even has a chance to touch you.

Spirit Master - My absolute least favorite class to PvP against. Fear gets old, fast. They play similar to a Warlock in WoW, where you utilize a form of "pets". I've even seen SMs tank fairly well on occasion, using the earth spirit. A fun class to play.
---
"I have an ongoing battle in arcades against AAA. I don't know who he is or how his skills are so widespread, but I've vowed to defeat him." - JakaIDX
#4FrankiebunnyPosted 4/8/2012 7:03:57 PM
Gladiator's my favorite so far, in terms of PvE and DPS. Not a fan of PvP, so I can't really judge it in that category. Sorcerer's alright, but the gear is just... ridiculous unless you're a lady Sorcerer. I really could not get over how hideous it was and usually I'm good at putting aside looks for good stats.

Cleric is surprising and really can hit like a train, which is new for me, being used to most games where clerics are fairly weak.

All the Chanters I've known just owned the game in solo.

Haven't played any other classes yet, though. Looking forward to ranger.
#5xionvalkyriePosted 4/11/2012 4:29:05 AM

Be warned that the melee classes are fairly gear dependent, probably in the ranking of Sin > Templar > Gladiator.    

#6XyleTheAlmightyPosted 4/12/2012 3:20:41 PM

Be warned that the melee classes are fairly gear dependent, probably in the ranking of Sin > Templar > Gladiator.    

I'd say Templar is actually at the top of that list for group play, but for solo I agree with you. In a group as a sin, your primary job is DPS and if the tank is any kind of good, you should rarely, if ever, take any damage. A sin dying is no big deal, but the tank dying usually means a wipe is imminent.
---
"I have an ongoing battle in arcades against AAA. I don't know who he is or how his skills are so widespread, but I've vowed to defeat him." - JakaIDX
More topics from this board...
Magical Aether?Hariel110/22 4:09AM