Just got this game. It is AWESOME

#1DeuxHeroPosted 3/25/2011 9:49:10 PM(edited)
I just beat the the first "boss" people things (the gold and silver guys) on my 6th try. This game is awesome! Despite being REALLY hard (I'm on normal), I've yet to feel frustrated because it's so funny.

Any advice on movesets? So far I've been using a moveset of

left jab>pay day>pimp hand>chop for square, Guard Break 1 on triangle and reverse sweep on x. I hit with my square combo until a foe blocks, then guard break them, then use the stun to knock them down, then either spamming reverse sweep or stomping, depending on the situation (number of foes). Works decently, but is there anything better?
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#2UbberDevilPosted 3/25/2011 10:27:01 PM
You might want to have guard break be on a different command. Because the weaving dodge is a vital move that dodges 90% of attacks and if you press triangle right after doing the weave you'll do a low sweep kick. So it'll cancel out the guard break if you'd happen to need to do it while weaving if it's set to triangle.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#3DeuxHero(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2011 10:30:35 PM
OK, will swap them. Is the rest of the set usable? Any upgrades?
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#4UbberDevilPosted 3/25/2011 10:48:52 PM
yeah, you don't need reverse sweep; that weave then triangle command works just the same. Also don't stomp too often when other enemies are around as it's the only "O" command that doesn't make you invincible during it. try to have launching or juggling for single move commands. You mostly want fast attacks for your square combo but feel free to experiment with anything you'd like. There are 4 other secret moves that the game, itself, won't ever mention but the manual does (you always have these moves available no matter what other moves you select). So look that up if you have it. They're pretty useful.
---
#5DeuxHero(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2011 10:55:48 PM(edited)
"Also don't stomp too often when other enemies are around as it's the only "O" command that doesn't make you invincible during it."

Was aware of THAT bit, hence "depending on the situation", solo or seperated foes get stomped, groups get swept.
---
#6UbberDevilPosted 3/25/2011 11:12:16 PM
sorry, i skimmed.
---
#78-BitPenguinPosted 3/26/2011 3:45:23 PM

(sorry for the bad english)

The first time playing trhough the game you'll be beaten a lot. But by the second time, all the moves will be available for sale from the beginning, and you'll be a lot better dodging and stuff... This game is one of those that only gets better and better the more you play it. Soon enought you'll be experimenting with some crazy move sets.

There are some moves you can spam and some strategies to deal with crowded areas, in your first time I would recommend you keep the square button combo simple with fast moves, not necessarily strong ones. Remember that you can always taunt enemies to easily increase your tension power.

This site is very helpfull: http://www.kungpaofu.com/

Go to - Gameplay > Usefull Tactics

=]

#8KakuzatouPosted 3/26/2011 9:41:09 PM
A lot of the time on levels 1 and 2 it's easier to sweep an enemy (no guard break required) or use a Charged Punch or a dash attack (forward twice on the left stick to dash then either triangle, square, or cross) to knock an enemy down, then axe kick > launch kick > jump spin kick (when next to a downed enemy hold forward and press triangle three times, basically). Lower level enemies can't do much against your free moves, and with you running around using dash attacks and launching them with jump spin kick they won't get a good chance to attack you.

Guard breaker is the best guard breaking move for being fast+cancelable and Yes Man Kablaam, gotten in the last area of stage 1, is one of the best moves in the game. Try out Forearm Smash in stage 3 too, it's like Barrel Roll Kick but faster and cancelable.
---
xXGOD HAND CARNIVAL COSTUME CREWXx
#9SBK91Posted 3/27/2011 6:20:53 AM
The standard way of killing an enemy is break guard>attack with square combo to dizzy>reaction command, so you should keep your square combo composed of fast, multihitting moves. Set your strongest Jab and Straight as the first two hits so you can use Jab>Straight>Guard Break>dodge, it destroys nearly every enemy. Once you're faster you'll be able to just attack with you're square combo then Guard Break when they block. A good square combo for the normal game is:

Jab
Straight
Elbow Spin
Sugar Gene Combo/Floating Butterfly/Stinging Bee
Mach Speed Jab
Long Straight

That'll dizzy most enemies after a single guard break. If you Guard Break or dizzy a male enemy near a wall, you can spam duck cancelled High Side Kicks until they're dead (this works with most bosses too). Get Hand Plant Kick in Stage 4, Hand Plant Kick>Jump Spin Kick makes non-elites a joke. Drunken Fist 1& 2, Overhead Blow and Drunken Twist will stun anything they connect with. Drunken Twist also evades high attacks, and will effortlessly get you through any normal enemy encounter outside of 8-1 on Hard with the KMS on your back. Drunken Fall is a great crowd control move when used to intercept enemy attacks.