can't get the DLC characters?

#1OneCreation21Posted 2/1/2011 12:18:10 PM
I got Ultimate Alliance, a little late as some would say, but when I go to game marketplace and look for the dlc characters I only see three things I can download. Two movie clips called Cyclops Strategy and Magneto Strategy and the last download is Playable Character Teaser pack. Which enables me to play with people online who have the dlc characters. But why don't the dlc character pack show anymore? Because of the sequel? Or does the teaser pack get me the characters? Because I can see their silhouettes in-game, but I haven't unlocked them. Is there anyone who can't shine some light on this matter?
Thanks
#2JelekkPosted 2/3/2011 3:47:34 PM
I'm also getting into this game a little late. Apparently the only way to get the dlc characters is through the gold edition of the game (they're already on the disc.) It's kinda rare and expensive now that they're off Live. I just got it for 40 used off Ebay, kinda steep since the regular edition can be found for 5 bucks now. I still think it's gonna be worth it though. Nightcrawler =win.
---
Dood!
#3p0922Posted 2/8/2011 11:07:42 PM
Why would they do that? i got this game today intending to download the other characters. Luckily, I'm going back by the store tomorrow and i can return it for no reason since it's per-owned. But why can't the characters be downloaded? i just don't understand and it's dumb to me. The company makes more money from gold edition sales than the DLC for the regular game is what it is. That's garbage.
#4Phatcat1987Posted 2/9/2011 11:38:24 AM

Yea, same problem here. I've had the game for a while now, but only recently seriously picked it up. I just beat the game and wanted to go back with all of the DLC characters on hard mode to unlock all/most of the achievements but I guess Activision wants to be greedy and force players to buy the Gold Edition. A-holes. Too bad. I really wanted to play as Hawkeye.

#5Phatcat1987Posted 2/9/2011 11:39:11 AM

Yea, same problem here. I've had the game for a while now, but only recently seriously picked it up. I just beat the game and wanted to go back with all of the DLC characters on hard mode to unlock all/most of the achievements but I guess Activision wants to be greedy and force players to buy the Gold Edition. A-holes. Too bad. I really wanted to play as Hawkeye.

#6p0922Posted 2/9/2011 1:55:03 PM
Yeah, it's totally messed up. Today I'm going by the store to return it and I ordered gold preowned from gamestop online. It should be here Saturday. Activision or whoever doesn't get money from resales I think so that's good. But the game came out, then the DLC for it. Then gold came out to include the DLC content from the original game. So whatever, that's just sorry. And players are stuck seeing silhouettes of characters and can't ever get them.
#7thugpassion187Posted 2/11/2011 6:54:22 AM
Disney had the DLC taken off of XBOX as of 12/31/12010 for both of the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2
---
360 gt: Thugpassion187-NFS Carbon xp175
#8JelekkPosted 2/14/2011 12:41:54 AM
you guys shouldn't be getting pissed at activision. when disney purchased marvel last year microsoft took the dlc of due to licensing issues. they were put back out for a limited time till the end of 2010. the only way to get the dlc characters is from the gold edition now. since they didn't put out a gold edition for the second one, there's no longer a way to get those dlc characters now, which I think is complete crap. disney sucks, they have no business running a comic company.
---
Dood!
#9HeiraphontPosted 2/18/2011 2:23:16 AM
If you've downloaded the DLC before, you can redownload it. I just started playing this again to kill some time, and I had to go into my purchase history to download it.

To do that, hit the Xbox button on your controller, go to Settings, Account Management, and Purchase history. Find the DLC and redownload it.
---
Over 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 x 10*40 earths would fit in the known universe. Yep. We're significant.
#10NEONBlackPosted 2/21/2011 9:38:24 PM
You know what that means? If it can be re-downloaded then it's still on the XBLM servers. It's just up to Disney or whomever to make it available again. We should appeal to their pocketbooks.
---
"Whatever Febreze can't fix, a gun will." -- Red Mage
Oath Sister: the beautiful Lulu Zealot