How to unlock characters and costumes

#1blowhole69Posted 3/25/2008 11:46:09 PM
I've seen questions about where to get the fourth costume for XXX hero or how do I unlock XXX hero so many times, I'm sick of all the people who don't go to the FAQ section and read something. So here it is, for all to read, all your questions about how to unlock costumes and characters in the XBOX 360 and PSP versions of Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and hopefully the mods will see fit to sticky it so that this forum stops being filled with "How do I get XXX costume?" threads.

Hawkeye, Cyclops, Hulk, Nightcrawler, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Sabretooth, and Venom are only available on XBOX 360 in the Gold edition or by downloading the Heroes and Villains content packs. They are XBOX 360 exclusive. If you don't have an XBOX 360, you are out of luck. Also, none of these characters has a simulator disc in the XBOX 360 version.

If you have a PSP, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Ronin, and Captain Marvel are available and their costumes are unlocked the same as every other character in the PSP version, by beating enemies and getting the Bronze in their simulator disc. These four simulator discs are PSP exclusive. Hawkeye, Ronin, and Captain Marvel are available from the first SHIELD access point. Black Widow is unlocked after you beat the game.

Colossus and Moon Knight are ONLY available in the XBOX 360, PS3, and Wii versions.

In all versions, Nick Fury is unlocked for play by beating the game.

In all versions, Daredevil is unlocked for play by collecting five his action figures throughout the game.

In all versions, Black Panther is unlocked for play by collecting five his action figures throughout the game.

In all versions, Doctor Strange is unlocked for play by helping him in Mandarin's Palace.

In all versions, Blade is unlocked for play by using the claw game in Murderworld.

In all versions, Ghost Rider is unlocked for play by rescuing him in Mephisto's Realm.

In all versions, Silver Surfer is unlocked for play by earning Bronze in all simulator disc missions.

All characters have four costumes, except for Moon Knight, who only has three.

The first costume for all characters starts unlocked.

The second and third costumes are unlocked by beating a certain amount of enemies, I think a total of 175 unlocks both.

The fourth costume for everyone EXCEPT Colossus, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, Cyclops, Hulk, Nightcrawler, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Sabretooth, and Venom are unlocked by earning a Bronze rank in that character's simulator disc. The ten characters listed here DO NOT have simulator discs.

The fourth costume for Colossus starts unlocked.

Moon Knight does not have four costumes, only three.

For Hawkeye, Cyclops, Hulk, Nightcrawler, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Sabretooth, and Venom, their fourth costumes are unlocked the same way as the second and third, by beating enemies, a total of 250 for the fourth, I believe.

All four of Silver Surfer's costumes are identical. It's just different bonuses.

Since a lot of people on this board don't seem to be able to read, I repeated a lot of the things that I constantly see asked over and over and over again in the hopes that they will actually see it one of the times I put it in, so don't add a message telling me that I repeated myself, because I know I did, for the benefit of everyone here.