No Xbox live guest option? Want to play online with my roomate!

#1thebigknowltinoPosted 1/6/2009 1:08:37 PM
I can't figure out how me and my roommate on the same console can go online with this game. I want to play with my brother who's on a different console.

Has anyone ever done this? It's very simple on games like Gears of War and Halo - you just sign the second controller in as an XBOX Live guest.

I really hope I can figure this out ....

Thanks in advance
#2Myth34Posted 1/6/2009 1:35:09 PM
You need 2 live accounts, 2 tv's, 2 xbox360's, but maybe just one internet connection if both 360's are plugged into it. Sorry, no 2 players can play on the same 360 for online play.
---
What resolve it must require to embrace despair and abandon one's self! -Myth
"I only laugh... to keep from weeping..."
#3thebigknowltino(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2009 2:28:38 PM
Thanks Myth, really appreciate the help.

I have two 360's but only one Live account. I have this free trail for live but I want to hold onto it.

Anyway, are you saying that I can hook up both 360's to the same internet connection I have (it's wireless) to make this thing work? If so, how do I get around the problem of only having one live card.
#4_RaW_Posted 1/6/2009 8:50:34 PM
Just make him a profile on your X-Box and have him sign in using that.
#5thebigknowltino(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2009 10:43:54 PM
Hey Raw, thanks for the response.

Are you talking about the two XBOX idea? Know what I mean?

If I have him sign in on a non-XBOX Live profile, I don't think it will work. I've done that, and all it shows is my gamertag in the lobby.

Are u saying that I should just have him sign in on a non-Live profile and then enter a game? Will my roommate be able to play when I get in the game, even though he doesn't show up in the lobby?

I hope those questions make sense ...
#6_RaW_Posted 1/7/2009 3:54:33 PM
Sorry, what I meant was using 1 X-Box. I have played MUA with my little cousin using one X-Box and his controller.

What you do first is go to the main menu on your 360, and then have your friend turn on your second controller. Once that is done, I think it will ask you to create a new profile (if it doesn't, then you will have to make a spare profile in advanced). After that is done, have your friend sign in using that profile. The profile does NOT have to be Gold, since you will be using LAN play (offline play). Boot up MUA and load up a save file or start a new game. When in the game, press the start button. You will have to scroll through the settings and find a picture of a controller. You, being Player 1, will have to activate your friend's controller which will allow you to play.

I hope that helps.
#7thebigknowltino(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2009 6:39:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8SeakkonPosted 1/8/2009 8:43:11 AM
Add Deths Assassin I'll play with you guys
---
Vote Bruce Campbell and Christopher Walken in 2012!