Saving Princess Lilandra?

#1OmnikilroePosted 1/7/2009 4:52:01 PM
im at the part where you have 1 minute to run through and destory the power nodes and then all the consoles at the end to turn off the timer. i want to save princess lilandra for the optional objective, but apparently my team doesnt want to help me. when i get to the room with her and the console i have to destory, i start beating on it, but whenever i call my allies, they go the other way and start fighting enemies. ive managed to destroy the console a couple times but with only a few seconds left so it didnt work. im also using spider-man for his spidey sense ability. how do i get the rest of my team to help me out with the console the whole time im attacking it?
---
Name: KILROE
Friend Code: 5026 1904 7538
#2_RaW_Posted 1/7/2009 4:58:59 PM
Keep mashing the left trigger which calls in your team while beating the crap out of that power console. Like you, I also used the Spidey-Sense to slow down time. Another tip would be having auto-regroup on, which, as the name of the feature suggests, automatically regroups your team when no enemies are on screen.
#3theone86Posted 1/7/2009 5:08:08 PM
You might not be able to do it depending on who's in your group and what level you are. I think a good general rule is after you destroy the core nearest the control panel, you have about until there are 30 seconds left on the clock. If you can't get it done by then, you probably won't get it done. As for the group, powers that don't work well on it at all are things like chain lightning, single hit attacks like Elektra's Sai Stab, and attacks like Web Warrior that without a throwable enemy are basically one hit attacks. Powers that work fairly well are medium to high damage attacks like Cap's Shield Throw or Colossus' Soaring Strike. The ones that work the absolute best are charge attacks like Iron Man's Plasma Disc or rapid tap/hold attacks like Wolverine's Claw Frenzy and Deadpool's Blade Cyclone. Unless your strike stat is uber high, you probably won't do enough melee damage. Lastly, remember the console's HP goes up based on difficulty. You might be able to destroy it with a few charged Plasma Discs on easy if the skill is charged maybe halfway or more through the first tree. On Normal, you might need it closer to max on the first tree. On hard, you probably want to be past max on the first tree.
#4Omnikilroe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2009 6:13:50 PM
Thanks guys, I got it. It honestly seemed random to me if my team decided to stick around or not. All the previous tries I was mashing the trigger and still attacking alone for the most part, but this one tim i got it they all stuck around and helped out and it was destroyed in about 8 seconds. In case you are curious, my party was Hulk, Sabretooth, Iron Man and Spider-Man, all in the high 30's. I decided to use a bunch of boosts like Spidey Sense, Hulks Fury and Iron Man's Speed Overdirve (i think thats the name). I also raised Hulk's Melee Damage skill and threw a Bionic Arm on him for added damage. He was my main attacker, and with all the boosts and everyone attacking at once, it ended fast, so I guess I got lucky. Thanks for the help.
---
Name: KILROE
Friend Code: 5026 1904 7538