I can't block !!!!

#1aaronpaulhughesPosted 10/4/2010 1:03:15 PM
I originally beat this game on my xbox (original xbox). I then bought MUA2 for my PS3 slim 120GB and beat it. Then I went and bought MUA1 for my PS3. Love the graphics!!

But I cannot block?? Instead, when I press and hold L1, instead of blocking it does the roll/dodge and *always* in the downward direction (even if I specify UP)!! Please note that I know the difference between tap vs hold of L1. I assure you that I am holding *only* L1 (not tapping) and the character will roll/dodge over and over and over (and only in the downward direction, even though I'm not specifying a direction).

I have tried 2 controllers and both happen the same way. I am using a PS3 slim 120GB with 3.5 firmware (latest one). There's no game data for this game to delete, and I have already deleted all my save files and started again. Nothing works.

Any suggestions?
#2XSilverPhoenixXPosted 10/4/2010 4:07:57 PM
Maybe you need to look at the "controls" under options and see if you might have mistakenly changed the settings.
#3aaronpaulhughes(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2010 9:25:18 PM
No I double checked that. Block is done by holding down L1, and Roll/Dodge is done by tapping L1 and pushing the analog stick in the direction you want to roll. However on both of my controllers when I press and hold L1, it behaves as if I was repeatedly tapping L1 and holding down on the analog stick. I have normal PS3 controllers, happens the same on both.
#4mxwpPosted 10/6/2010 2:35:32 PM
I am thinking of getting this first game for PS3. I love Diablo style hack and slashers. I hope this block glitch is not common. Anyone else have this problem?

---
"six of one and half a dozen others"
#5dbudzikPosted 10/15/2010 11:06:02 PM
You may be tilting the controller towards you.
---
"He who conquers himself is truly stong."
- Lao Tzu