kanes wrath or tibeium wars?

#1renimaru0123456Posted 2/18/2009 5:54:29 PM
which would you, the people at gamefaqs recomend?i'm slightly inclined on tiberium wars though as it has SDk tools but kanes wrath doesn't.
---
Currently Playing:supcom:forged alliance
and Command and Conquer generals zero hour SHOCKWAVE!
#2vomityPosted 2/21/2009 4:58:10 AM
Mid east crisis 2 is a very VERY good reason to get Tib Wars if you are into next-gen warfare. Just check it up. IMO, apart from that, Tib Wars and KW are not radically different.
#3RichPlaystationPosted 2/21/2009 4:54:01 PM
Um on PC.... to play Kanes Wrath you have to own C&C3:Tiberium Wars.

So there isn't a choice really.
---
Brotherhood. Peace. Unity.
In the name of Kane.
#4YourEvilTwin67Posted 2/22/2009 11:18:50 AM
yeah i was pondering the same type thing but judging from the last post i would say that you should ask is Kane's wrath worth buying?
#5RichPlaystationPosted 2/22/2009 12:00:12 PM
Yeah that question would work, and the answer from me, would be a massive YES!
But you would indeed need to own both too, also a yes.
---
In the name of Kane.
#6wavelength121Posted 2/22/2009 7:43:47 PM
renimaru0123456 posted...
which would you, the people at gamefaqs recomend?i'm slightly inclined on tiberium wars though as it has SDk tools but kanes wrath doesn't.

What a silly question. Besides the fact that Tib Wars is required to play Kane's Wrath, why would you ever go straight to the expansion pack for any game without having played the original?

And to answer your trolling, I mean question, C&C3 is far far superior to KW, in terms of length, quality of design, story, units, etc. KW is a worthy add-on, but the hero-units ruin it.
#7RichPlaystationPosted 2/23/2009 8:07:57 AM
Kanes Wrath (not KW, or any other acronym) is the best story based addon ever, and surely story is what an addon SHOULD be.
It explains plenty of history through not just one game, but all of them! Plus it had more Kane per minute than any other game, I wonder if you could measure that on the stock index.
---
In the name of Kane.
#8renimaru0123456(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2009 1:54:13 PM
wavelength121 please explain to me how i was trolling i didn't even know that kane wrath required tiberium wars to play. i was just wondering which one i should get not know that u needed tiberium wars to play KW.
---
Currently Playing:supcom:forged alliance
and Command and Conquer generals zero hour SHOCKWAVE!
#9vomityPosted 2/24/2009 5:21:48 PM
Wavelength how could you possibly jump to the massive conclusion that he is trolling ? bad day perhaps ? This may come as a shocker but certain games like Dark Crusade were expansion packs and were much better than the orgiginal games.

To Renimaru,
Get Tiberium Wars then patch it. Tiberium Wars is a really fun game (i know, I actually hated it first time around and now I really like it). I thought KW was a stand-alone expansion, my bad. Also plenty of mods are available for Tib Wars including Mideast Crisis 2, a mod you cannot miss out on !
#10RichPlaystationPosted 2/25/2009 3:16:41 PM
I would say don't patch it, but then it's all a matter of opinion really.
Either way, enjoy! :-D It's a great gaming series to get in to.
---
In the name of Kane.
More topics from this board...
Playing Custom MapsLarkAnderson25/16/2007