This was my first R&C game, heh

#1ReptobismolPosted 7/12/2011 6:02:14 PM
Prolly talking to myself, but whatever.

I really liked this game, a lot more than I initially thought I would, especially after reading up on it. But despite some flaws, I thought it was extremely fun and addicting, even when leveling weapons, and I found the music extremely well done as well. Very catchy soundtrack, though I didn't realise it until listening with earbuds.

Only part I actually hated were the skyboard races, but the first four were "manageable" and the second set, barring the first, irritated me enough that I used the major glitch to cheat. I forced myself to do them after learning you got some armor pieces from them. The gadgebot toss and demolition minigames were mildly irritating, but easy, so I didn't mind them as much.

I wonder if I would have liked this game far less had I played the other entries in the series first? I've noticed a lot of gamers have much higher opinions of "weaker" games in a franchise if they were their first taste.

Lastly, kind of a random thing to say, but I didn't think highly of the Acid Bomb Glove until I used the Detonator out of necessity in the Medical Facility during Challenge Mode. Having all my crap taken away, I was doing absolute piss damage with the TDLs and Concussion, fully upgraded but not in Titan form. There were one or two rooms with enemy orgies where I wouldn't have stood a chance if it weren't for the lakes of adhesive sludge. Even without the titan form, they killed everything very quickly.
---
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.
#2Reptobismol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 12:18:12 PM
Geez, trying to get the skill points for the Giant Clank space battles is frigging hard.
---
An infant sea turtle is actually capable of killing an adult African bull elephant. It does, however, require a substantial amount of surprise.
#3Reptobismol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 3:30:02 PM
Also activated a game freezing glitch for the second time, which was annoying- in Dreamtime, swinging from the Hypershot pegs to the gate before the final area and inadvertantly (in my haste) touching the giant floating bolt, sends me to the crate walkway, but because I'd already gotten the bolt, the game stops and just freezes, not allowing any input whatsoever but the Home button. Fortunately the autosave keeps me from losing much.
---
#4Reptobismol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 9:24:18 AM
One more Giant Clank challenge to go... my final skill point.
---
#5Wario_manPosted 7/21/2011 10:02:09 AM
We believe in you!
---
Respect isn't learned, it's earned.
#6Reptobismol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2011 5:57:06 PM
I.... I.... I can't!

In other news, I found myself liking runs in which I ignore a few weapons for the sake of never having to grind. I had started a new game and never picked up the Concussion Gun (well, they force one onto you, but I never used it) Scorcher, Bee Mine Glove, Sniper Mine, and of course the RYNO, and I had lv4 Titans of everything else before reaching Quadrona on the 3rd run.

On my completionist file, it got to be a drag leveling everything up. There was one point I missed having the bees, though; that one room in the medical facility where you climb a ladder and on the other side of the ledge is a bunch of nasty enemies. Agents and Acid didn't do the job nearly as well (with bees I just smacked the hives off the edge and waited till I couldn't hear anything move.)

blah blah blah
---
#7Wario_manPosted 7/21/2011 7:16:31 PM
Wow, I like finding ways to stretch out the play time to make it more interesting too :P

Good fun.
---
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.
#8Reptobismol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2011 12:53:08 PM
As do I, though excluding weapons for the sake of eliminating grinding doesn't *really* stretch out the playtime.

Is Secret Agent Clank any good? I imagine it might be harder to find than this.
---
#9Wario_manPosted 7/22/2011 7:18:24 PM
I'm not sure, I haven't played it.

You could try for some Youtube videos though =]
---
Respect isn't learned, it's earned.
#10Reptobismol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 10:30:50 AM
I should get a PS3 so I can play Tools of Destruction, but I can't afford one right now =/

Assuming you're a fan of the series, is it worth playing the games in chronological order? And as an aside, do you acquire guns the same way as in Size Matters? Each new planet/area has a new one for sale, and mebbe a few unlocked through optional stuff?
---