A Beginner's Guide to Wakfu: Confused about something? Hopefully this helps you!

#1ZileanPosted 1/17/2012 9:58:53 PM
Hi there. Lately I've seen more and more new people starting up Wakfu without a clue on what they're supposed to be doing. While I adore this game and I enthusiastically look forward to future updates, I can't agree more on how the tutorial for this game is abysmal at best. To counter this, (and help future players), I'll help you all and hopefully leave you with a better understanding of how to play this game.
---
http://i53.tinypic.com/2z3z5av.jpg - Mio
#2Zilean(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2012 9:59:20 PM
Table of Contents
---------------------------
[1.0] Classes
(1.1) Cra's Range
(1.2) Eniripsa's Hands
(1.3) Enutrof's Fingers
(1.4) Feca's Shield
(1.5) Iop's Heart
(1.6) Osamodas' Whip
(1.7) Pandawa's Pint
(1.8) Sacrier's Blood
(1.9) Sadida's Shoes
(1.10) Sram's Shadow
(1.11) Xelor's Sandglass
(1.12) Other Classes
<1.12.1> Ecaflip's Coin
<1.12.2> Rogue's Ruse
<1.12.3> Masqueraider's Insanity
[2.0] Interface
[3.0] Professions
(3.1) Close Combat Weapons Master
(3.2) Armorer
(3.3) Leather Dealer
(3.4) Long Distance Weapons Master
(3.5) Jeweler
(3.6) Handyman
(3.7) Baker
(3.8) Kama Minter
(3.9) Area of Effect Weapons Master
(3.10) Chef
(3.11) Tailor
(3.12) Lumberjack
(3.13) Trapper
(3.14) Herbalist
(3.15) Farmer
(3.16) Fisherman
(3.17) Miner
[4.0] Abilities
[5.0] Cities
[6.0] Government
[7.0] Wakfu and Stasis
[8.0] Haven Bags
[9.0] How to make Kamas
[10.0] 'Life is Beautiful'

[1.0] Classes
---------------------
There are fourteen classes to choose from in the World of Twelve which range from masochistic berserkers to tactical timekeepers. As with all games, whichever class you end up choosing will heavily affect your playstyle.

(1.1) Cra's Range
----------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/G3U1M.jpg

Cras are Wakfu's archers. They excel at ranged battles due to the range of their skills and have abilities that can push back or stun the enemy at a distance while pushing out some serious damage. They use the elements Air, Earth, and Fire and support the team by reducing the enemy's range of attack and slightly controlling where enemies or allies are through various skills.

Air Cras are able to push back enemies and have the longest range out of the three branches. They don't have to worry about hitting allies as their main skill requires no line-of-sight and are able to summon beacons that, when hit by an air spell, push back those around it by one square. While they're good at manipulating the battlefield and give out some decent damage, they are the weakest of the three Cras.

Earth Cras are the only branch that have a melee skill. They deal out the highest damage out of the three branches and are able to summon beacons that hit with massive AoE range, but be careful though as enemies aren't the only ones who can get hit by this earth-shaking mechanism. The last skill in the branch can stun enemies every now and then as well, making them skip their turn.

Fire Cras are able to put the enemy in states of misery throughout the battle. They use many AoE skills nearly all of which might set the enemy on fire causing extra damage; they're the only one of the three branches which can blind an enemy, causing their range to reduce for a short period of time. While not as strong as Earth Cras, they're able to dish out serious damage as well.
---
#3Zilean(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2012 9:59:55 PM
(1.2) Eniripsa's Hands
----------------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/ZmDoY.jpg

Eniripsas are the healers of Wakfu. They support their team with a variety of heals and can cast various status effects on enemies that benefit the allies who get the last hit. While able to deal some damage, they're best when behind the lines of action healing up wounded allies and casting status effects on any enemies close by. While they do have a slow start, Eniripsas can sustain allies through those drawn-out battles. They use the Elements water, air, and fire.

Water Eniripsa's use nothing but heals to support their team mates. While completely reliant on their team to finish off enemies, they're able to support and keep their allies safe throughout battle.

Air Eniripsa's can put their enemies in various status effects and manipulate their position on the field. While their damage is low, they have good utility on the battlefield.

Fire Eniripsa's are able to cast marks on an enemy that help benefit the team once that enemy falls in battle. From transfering health and points to those who land that last hit to enslaving an enemy upon defeat, they support the team through various effects while dealing some damage at the same time.

(1.3) Enutrof's Fingers
-----------------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/8zl42.jpg

Enutrofs are Wakfu's treasure hunters. Don't be fooled by their appearance; while they look old, their love of anything worth anything keeps them young and strong. They're able to knock out loot from an enemy during battle that can be picked up by allies as well as yourself, and whenever things get a bit too tough, Enutrofs are able to summon a Drheller to support them. If things are still too tough to handle as is, Enutrofs can fuse with their Drheller and bring the pain to any foe who dared to stand between you and your items. They use the elements Earth, Fire, and Water.

Earth Enutrofs are able to steal and reduce an enemy's MP and can increase their own to help scramble around the battlefield to pick up those intresting little bags that fall out of a person's pocket. When fused, Enutrofs are only able to use Earth-based skills.

Fire Enutrofs use AoE spells to harm any enemies facing your wrath. While they aren't able to uses their branch while fused, their faithful Drheller can sniff out mines which boosts an Enutrof's stats and add additional effects to the fire branch's skills.

Water Enutrofs are the greediest of them all. Their spells have a chance to knock out items from an enemy that can be picked up for an extra piece of loot. Using magical Enutrof gambling magic that impresses even the Ecaflips, they're able to alter the quality of an item pouch thats lying on the ground. If there's any reason why you're unable to get to the item in time before the enemy can reclaim what they dropped, Water Enutrofs can alter the pouch once more to make it explode. If you can't have it, why should they?
---
#4Zilean(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2012 10:00:49 PM
(1.4) Feca's Shield
------------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/gS52J.jpg

Fecas are supportive tanks. These scientists can place glyphs on the battlefield and place armor on others, both of which can harm or help depending on what you choose to activate them with. Mostly seen exploding on the front lines, Fecas are highly resistance to the elements and are good fighters to boot. They use the elements Earth, Fire, and Water.

Earth Fecas are able to summon glyphs on the battlefield that boost resistances to anybody that walks on them. If that's not enough, they're also able to cast various armors on allies that deal damage to enemies who decide to harm them in anyway; from regular damage to stealing MP or AP.

Fire Fecas are able to summon glyphs on the battlefield that harm anything that walks on it in a random AoE attack. Be careful when you're around one of these fiesty players as their glyphs don't know the difference between friends or foes. They're able to cast armor that penalizes whoever is wearing it through damage and various effects.

Water Fecas are able to summon glyphs on the battlefield that provide bonuses to whomever steps on them. While increased stats are great, they're also able to cast armor on allies that boosts them up when the heat of battle starts getting heating up. From extra resistance to states to healing, they're able to support you through many situations.

(1.5) Iop's Heart
-------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/HEr8L.jpg

Iops are the fearless warriors of Wakfu. They crave, think, and dine on combat and are always trying to show-off their skills no matter where they are. Due to their heavy melee focus you can mainly see them on the front lines, not that they mind or anything. More enemies just means more chances to show off! They use the elements Air, Earth, and Fire.

Air Iops use a flurry of jabs to indimidate their foes. Most of their skills are very cheap or use points other than their AP, (such as their MP or WP), which allows them to use many skills before ending their turn. They're able to push around their enemies like the soft punks that they are.

Earth Iops are able to deal out high damage and can control just how far an enemy can really go. Once they're in your face they are VERY hard to get rid of. If that doesn't sound appealing enough, let me go on to say that they're able to knock their opponents silly causing them to skip their turn.

Fire Iops are the angriest of the bunch and use various AoE attacks that inflict various status effects on anyone daring enough to stand near them. They can summon swords to strike their enemies and leap to their foes with presents; watch out when they seem at a disadvantage, though. No amount of enemies ever causes an Iop to flinch as they're all playing into the one plan they're able to think up: Inflict immense pain in the flashiest of ways! When things start going under a Fire Iop's thumb then you can really make them feel your wrath.
---
#5Zilean(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2012 10:02:53 PM
(1.6) Osamodas' Whip
http://i.imgur.com/2PRUd.jpg

Osamodas are the main summoners of Wakfu. No beast is too strong for them to tame, and as long as their faithful GobGob stands by their side they'll never have to worry about where to put these beasts! When things aren't going your way and you want to save your creatures from a harsh demise, your faithful GobGob can consume them placing them back in their new safe haven and increasing the GobGob's stats. When things get too tough for even your faithful GobGob to handle, you're able to fuse together and feel the course of powerful dragon blood run through your veins! There is a reason why their God is considered the strongest..
Osamodas use the elements Air, Earth, and Fire.

Air Osamodas abuse their range to attack from behind the lines while their summons rip the enemy to shreds. This is the only branch that benefits with added effects to their skills while in Dragon Form. Coupled with their nasty range and self-buffs, these Osamodas can be truly terrifying when played right.

Fire Osamodas are all about their summons. They're more than willing to shed their own blood to keep their pets alive and healthy in battle. When they're finished keeping their summons alive and healthy in battle, they're able to cast AoE attacks that both buff their summons and damage any nearby enemies at the same time. When you hear them howl you better start running..

Earth Osamodas prefer to prevent damage in the first place instead of patching up their summons. Able to control the movements of their own summons through various commands, they're more actively on the front lines than the other two branches. If things get too tough for their summons and they're unable to save them in time, Osamodas can command their pets to give their final stand before passing on. Fighters to the very end, Earth Osamodas can cast large AoE attacks and dish out serious damage all their own.

(1.7) Pandawa's Pint
---------------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/lfles.jpg

These are the drunken masters of the game. Chugging alcohol left and right like it's nobody's business, they're able to summon vats of the brew whenever they want and even based their own type of combat just so they wouldn't have to keep their barrels of drink down for long. Turn by turn, drink by drink, they increase their damage and fight with skill and precision that rivals even the Cra. Too bad they won't remember it..
Oh wait, they're not drinking alcohol at all! It's all just bamboo milk.. well, the points still stand.
They use the elements Earth, Fire, and Water.

Earth Pandawas are never seen without a barrel of 'milk' from their hands. Using various techniques that allow them to drink at the same time, these dizzy fighters whack, bash, and charge with their barrels in hand. Don't be fooled when they lose their barrels either; these Pandawas are able to let loose a flurry of attacks that force any foe back.

Fire Pandawas seem to have more fun playing with their barrels than actually drinking from it, but don't let your guard down for an instant or you'll find yourself engulfed in flames. These fiery alcoh- I mean.. "Milk Drinkers", are able to light up their own burps to set you aflame (not like they really have trouble with that in the first place). Fire Pandawas use AoE attacks that inflict can status effects on their foes.

Water Pandawas took their fighting style to a whole new level and based all their techniques around their barrel. They can splash their enemies with their special brew of milk making them more and more reckless. When their enemies lose their cool and start doing too much damage to you or your friends, Water Pandawas can heal them up with a hearty dose of their sweet sweet nectar and return the pain caused by the enemies. Water Pandawas mainly use AoE attacks.
#6Zilean(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2012 10:03:12 PM
(1.8) Sacrier's Blood
--------------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/wWe0E.jpg

What can I say about Sacriers? If you attack them, they laugh. If you run, they laugh. If you plead with them, they laugh! No matter the odds they're never scared of anything; even death doesn't scare them. Sacriers are true tanks of Wakfu and are the only class that get stronger the more they get hit. These fearless berserkers are often seen in the front lines taking the hits for their friends and pulling all the enemies towards them. You can never beat a Sacrier into submission no matter how hard you try; they just love it too much!
Sacriers use the elements Air, Fire, and Earth.

Air Sacriers are Sacriers that just love flying around the battlefield. No enemy is too far nor too fast for them to catch up to and whenever they want to get up close and personal, they use freaky tattoo magic (that I wish actually existed), to pull enemies towards them from far away and push them back when they're finished whooping their butt. Swift and strong, you'll see Air Sacriers flying around the battlefield with perfect map manipulation and positioning.

Earth Sacriers treat combat as stress relievers. Letting loose never felt so invigorating which you'll soon find out when you're stomping on enemies and throwing boulders! Have too much anger festering inside? Never fear, just let loose as much as you can and stomp the ground to create a huge shockwave! These masochists use up their anger with each attack, so be sure to get mad enough to use any of these techniques.

Fire Sacriers through away any inhibition and focus on killing their enemies. Completely disregarding their own bodies, each attack they do harms themselves and makes them even angrier. When you find yourself facing off against these fire hazards be sure to keep your distance. The only reason why they aren't offered a red ring is because even they fear how strong these madmen will become.

(1.9) Sadida's Shoes
http://i.imgur.com/IzCui.jpg

Sadidas live life without a care in the world. They play with dolls and grow plants and generally make sure their ecosystem fits to their liking. However, if anything happens or if they feel threatened, these plant people can use their dolls to create valient fighters to protect them! These folks are so tuned into nature even the trees want to help; they're able to use plant magic and summon up totems that increase the damage done to foes! Mostly seen behind the front line healing their dolls and bashing enemies with thorned whips, the Sadida use the elements Air, Earth, and Water.

Air Sadida are able to give their spells to their dolls who will go and attack their enemies. Now you may ask why they won't just attack normally, right? Well kids I'll tell you right away! Air Sadidas are able to summon dolls that remove an enemies MP and AP. When they die, they take the AP anybody nearby them as punishment, too. If they go off after learning one of their master's skills they'll use it in battle to damage your enemy, but sadly they're horrible at remembering things and it's soon forgotten afterwards.

Earth Sadidas are completely in-tune with nature. They can crush you with vines, cause earthquakes, or entangle you with thick grass. Don't believe me? I double-dog dare you to fight one and tell me otherwise. These powerhouses can summon dolls that like to breathe heavily in your ear. You'd better not make fun of them either; they can't help it.. they're pudgy.

Water Sadidas focus heavily on their army of dolls. They're able to heal them with their own enemy's health and can heal allies tied to their totems. Largly focused on healing something, Water Sadidas rely on their dolls which charge and attack any enemies they can find. Not to say that's a bad thing.. those suckers pack a punch.
#7Zilean(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2012 10:04:12 PM
(1.10) Sram's Shadow
http://i.imgur.com/Nqw2c.jpg

Srams are the sneaky assassins of Wakfu. They lurk in the shadows and strike with deadly force and slink back before anybody can react. Whenever they seem surrounded, these sneaky fellows seem to find a way out. Whenever they really ARE surrounded, Srams can create a clone of themselves they can control to help attack their enemies. They truly are forces to be reckoned with; never turn your back to them either, that only makes them stronger.
Srams use the elements Fire, Water, and Air.

Fire Srams just love watching their foes bleed. Most of their attacks cause hemorrhaging and the more life an enemy is missing the stronger they become. Coupled with their love of stabbing you in the back, Fire Srams enjoy using their Clone to double the amount of hemorrhaging and damage before placing a charged Execution.

Water Srams are nearly the opposite. While they aren't too focused on doing damage, they love preventing it. Nothing is safe when they're on the field; they can steal your sight and slip right through your fingers. They'll weigh you down as much as they can so you'd have difficulty doing anything, and when they ever run low on health, they'll just feed off your pain until they're fine and dandy again.

Air Srams are a completely different breed however. Some may label these as 'true' assassins due to their abilities growing stronger when invisible, and stronger still when they're invisible behind an enemy. They prefer the stealthy approach and often either use their double as a distraction while they go about undetected. The longer they aren't noticed the stronger their attacks will become.

(1.11) Xelor's Sandglass
-------------------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/VCoV9.jpg

These interesting little fellows love nothing more than toying with time itself. They love doing anything they can to alter it and shape it to their benefit. One thing they don't like though is wasted time; an old Xelor saying says "Wasted time is time wasted". (Okay nobody really said that).
They use the elements Air, Fire, and Water.

Air Xelors are all about doing things on time. Tick tock tick tock, they fight between the fleeting moments of time to slow down and damage enemies around them. Be careful though; missing the beat will mess you up by buffing enemies or hurting teammates.

Fire Xelors hate wasted time. This simple fact is branded in every enemy they come across so they never forget it. They mainly use AoE attacks that bend time around enemies slightly to slow them down and are able to summon a Time Hydra to help them incinerate their enemies out of time itself.

Water Xelors like to weaken their enemies by slowing down time around them causing the winds of time to chill their bones. When facing down these icy foes, one will find themselves highly incapacitated for the first couple of turns, but who knows.. you might be out of time by then. These nasty AP removers will do whatever they can to make sure you can't do whatever you can, and with their faithful Sinestro on their side, you better hope you can reach them in time.
Time.
#8Zilean(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2012 10:05:02 PM
(1.12) Other Classes

These classes are going to be implemented later down the line. Due to them not being in the game currently, I'll just give you the very basic details.

<1.12.1> Ecaflip's Coin
------------------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/NhiX2.jpg

Ecaflips love nothing more than staking things on a game of chance. Everything they do is gambled by the roll of the dice; even battle! Their skills are based on chance and can heal themselves as well as flank enemies. They're not the strongest of fighters, but when they strike it big, you'll be cursing your bad luck.

<1.12.2> Rogue's Ruse
-------------------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/ycvz4.jpg

Rogues are one of two classes that gain no power from any god in the World of Twelve. They believe in two things: Bombs and guns. Be wary when fighting these dastardly villains, as even Batman can't keep up with them.

<1.12.3> Masqueraider's Insanity
---------------------------------------------------
http://i.imgur.com/nZWge.jpg

Masqueraider's are the second class that gain no power from any god in the World of Twelve. Instead, they're the creation of one of Sadida's dolls. Constantly hunted down for their masks which give them their powers, they're cautious and paranoid of everyone around them and will do anything to keep their masks. Even nearing death they'll hide their faces with these powerful masks, so keep your distance when you're fighting a Masqueraider who knows you want their masks. You might just take a few needles to the brain.

[2.0] Interface
----------------------
http://i.imgur.com/cHWHP.jpg

1:Characteristics. This button displays your character's stats and opens into the subsection where you can add in your ability and special skill points.

2: Spells. This button displays your character's elemental branches and special skills.
http://i.imgur.com/EmDo2.png

3: Inventory. This button opens up your inventory
http://i.imgur.com/U45bC.png

4: Professions. This button displays all you need to know about your profession. It shows you what recipes you can add
http://i.imgur.com/6RXYW.png

5: Community. This button displays information on what's going on with the government, which laws are in effect, whom we're at war with, what taxes are for which area, our contact list, and guild list. All in all this is the section to go to when you want to know what's going on with the World of Twelve.
http://i.imgur.com/ojK5G.png
http://i.imgur.com/FyA5u.png
http://i.imgur.com/rlT2G.png
http://i.imgur.com/eM94Y.png
http://i.imgur.com/je5Yc.png

6: Achievement Progress. This button lists all the achievements, (or quests), in the game that you can do. If you ever feel like getting things for your Gemlin or aquiring more emotes, this is the thing to look at.
http://i.imgur.com/PPnU2.png

7:Map. This button displays the map of the area you're in and can move to other areas to show you the pathways on how to get there along with what that area contains. If you're ever having trouble finding a profession or city, just look at your map and highlight the stars. They're the clan members of the area.
http://i.imgur.com/L3NVM.jpg

8: These are hotkeys for your items and skills. When you're not in battle, they display your emotes and icons for quick use while walking around. You can create more shortcuts by clicking on the button that displays your number so you won't have to switch between them while in battle.

9: This button changes your hotkeys between world keys and combat keys. If you want to use a certain icon while in battle or if you want to rearrange your skills while out of battle, this is one way to do it.
#9Zilean(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2012 10:05:27 PM
10:This is your health bar. In the shape of a cute little heart, you're able to click on it to change the display to what you're most comfortable with. Right clicking this also pulls out a mini-menu that shows your current active buffs and debuffs.

11: This is your Wakfu/Stasis Gauge. Depending on your actions with the enviorment, this changes and fills up accordingly.

12: This shows the amount of CP (Citizen Points) you currently have.

13: This opens up the Wakfu page and displays the current values for each monster and plant in the area. Keeping the balance of Wakfu award you CP and give you clan member bonuses that buff your character while in battle in that area.
http://i.imgur.com/GesRd.png

14: This displays the weather currently and how it's going to look in the future. It's important for those who plant crops, seeds, and flowers as this directly effects how long they'll take to fully grow.
http://i.imgur.com/LGjJv.png

15: This displays clan member information and the amount of secrets in the area. Depending on how many buffs you can aquire from keeping perfect balance, this also displays what kind-of bonus you'll get once you keep everything in check.
http://i.imgur.com/cpY7o.png

16: This section displays the bug report button, menu button, and time inside the World of Twelve. If you find a bug, use the button and report it. If you want to quit or go to the options, press the button right of the bug report (alternatively, just press esc).

17: This is your buff/debuff mini-menu. You can pop yours up by right-clicking your health bar.

18: These are your chat long buttons. The first can move the location of the chatbox while the others move the text up and down when pressed.

19: This unhinges the bottom interface and spreads the bars to the farthest parts of the screen while keeping the middle of it in the middle. It's purely asthetic.
http://i.imgur.com/s2mIO.png
#10Zilean(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2012 10:06:04 PM
[3.0] Professions
----------------------------

Professions in Wakfu are jobs you can partake in to earn your hard-earned Kamas. They are split into two catagories: Gathering and Crafting.
Gathering professions directly harvets resources from the environment and produce the ingredients needed for crafters to work their craft. Each crafting profession comes equipped with their own item to harvest resources with.
Crafting professions use items gathered by the the gathering professions to create a variety of items ranging from food that grants buffs to iron-clad armors to keep you safe. Choosing which profession you want to do helps immensly to both you and your community.

For now, you're able to take on all professions. Later on though one will have to rely on others for their resources as they won't be able to get them themselves.

(3.1) Close Combat Weapons Master
---------------------------------------------------------

Close Combat Weapons Masters, as you've guessed it, creat weapons that shine while in close combat. These crafters create swords, daggers, and shovels at their CCW Forge.

(3.2) Armorer
-----------------------

Armorers use metals and resources from trappers to great solid pieces of armor. They can create breastplates, epaulettes, and shields. They use the Armorer's workshop to work their trade.

(3.3) Leather Dealer
-------------------------------

Leather Dealers create belts, bags, and boots using furs, stems, and leaves collected by local trappers and herbalists. They use a leather shop to work their trade.

(3.4) Long Distance Weapons Master
---------------------------------------------------------

Long Distance Weapons Masterm like their Close Combat counterpart, create long-ranged weapons such as the bow, wands, needles, and card. They use the LDWM anvil to work their trade.

(3.5) Jeweler
-----------------------

Jewelers are people who create accessories such as amulets and rings. Using the stone and jewels harvested by miners, they'll be the ones you turn to when you want pretty things (that also buff you up pretty swell). They use setters to work their trade.

(3.6) Handyman
------------------------

Handymen are crafters who create furniture, furnishings, and crafting workshops for Haven Bags. These people will decorate your Haven Bag with decorations or fill it up with shelves for you to sell things. Extremely handy, I might add. They use a Wood Lathe to work their trade.

(3.7) Baker
-------------------

Bakers are crafters who, as you would expect, bake things. Their bread and baked goods heal you between rough battles and can temporarily buff your health up for that extra amount of beef cake. Bakers use ovens to work their trade. (http://i.imgur.com/jJghj.png)

(3.8) Kama Minter
--------------------------

Kama Minters are crafters who uh.. well, mint Kamas. Everybody starts off with this craft currently and are the sole reason why any kama piece exists in the World of Twelve today. They use the Kama Press to work their trade.

(3.9) Area of Effect Weapons Master
-------------------------------------------------------

AoE Weapons Masters create AoE weapons for those who like damaging multiple opponents. They work their trade at AoEWM anvils.

(3.10) Chef
-----------------

Chefs are crafters that use the gathered ingredients to create plates of food which give various buffs to those who consume them before battles. These buffs last around fifteen minutes a serving, so be sure to pick out your favorite dish and eat up when you're getting to those difficult battles!
Chefs use stoves to work their trade.