BUILDING THE EXECUTOR AND ECLIPSE (Please, for the love of God sticky this.)

#161Warhammer40KAPosted 4/27/2009 7:49:05 AMmessage detail

BUMP BUMP BUMP (A Drunk monster falling down the stairs)

BUMP!

#162Beowulf349Posted 5/31/2009 2:32:50 AMmessage detail
For a fully functional Eclipse, and other SSDs, try the Ultimate Empire at War mod. It's an ongoing project but the current version 4.xx.65 (can't remember the xx numbers) has a fully functioning skirmish and galactic conquest modes with a bunch of new additions. It also has an automatic installer and it's own launcher that you can use to search for the latest version. It's overall an excellent mod for FOC.
---
Lay me on the ground, fly me in the sky, show me where to look, tell me what will I find.[OBFC]
#163legoclubPosted 6/18/2009 10:11:15 AMmessage detail

i havent got it yet but lets hope that it helps when i get it.

#164knivesdamasterPosted 8/22/2009 3:15:37 PMmessage detail
personally not a fan of UEAW, they do not give all the proper credits on the models they use and byron the leader of the group is a snot nose punk.

and i don't care if this upsets people or not

i would rather play foc_additions or z3r0x's addons, both in my view are put together by a better group of people
---
Confucius "He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask is a fool for life." karma loss unjustly 107 justly lost 169
#165Warhammer40KAPosted 10/5/2009 7:52:37 AMmessage detail

we need to get the board up and running!

#166FallenAngelO66Posted 1/13/2010 3:50:04 AMmessage detail
Thank you soooo much mate, trying to Figure that out has been annoying the Crap out of me for a while

#167fetchystickPosted 12/22/2010 8:41:26 AMmessage detail
sometimes i find Vader's old TIEx2 better than the executor, just because of its sheer power and how hard it is to kill.
---
In case you never heard, i don't much like bagels. I mean, i hate them.
Doughnuts, on the other hand...
#168drgnsltPosted 6/17/2011 11:13:10 AMmessage detail
If I remember correctly, Super Star Destroyers are any ship larger than an Imperial (or Imperator). So SSD wouldn't be a class, therefore it would be technically correct to call the Executor a SSD, even if it's class designation was ESSD.
#169mariostar0001Posted 8/23/2011 8:56:28 AMmessage detail
Super Star Destroyers were a class themselves, but they were separated into sub-classes that each included one vessel (with one or two exceptions), and were named after that vessel. The exception would be the Executer itself, which had a duplicate in the form of the Lusankya. There may be other exceptions, but I know them not.
#170Beowulf349Posted 10/9/2011 2:31:09 AMmessage detail
mariostar0001 posted...
Super Star Destroyers were a class themselves, but they were separated into sub-classes that each included one vessel (with one or two exceptions), and were named after that vessel. The exception would be the Executer itself, which had a duplicate in the form of the Lusankya. There may be other exceptions, but I know them not.

Actually (in reply to both of you before me), it's like this. SSDs are a TYPE of ship, not a class. Just like a battleship, an aircraft carrier, or heavy cruiser are types of ships modern navies. In this case SSD refers to any fighting ship larger than a Imperial- (or Imperator-) class ship and is of the same design style of the triangular shape (leaves out things like the Clone War era Trade Federation battleship). Thus Eclipse, Sovereign, and Executor class ships are all SSDs. SSDs are also known as star dreadnoughts.

What's confusing is that star dreadnoughts are a much more encompassing term that also refer to such older ships as the Mandator- and Mandator II-classes or the Trade Federation battleships of the Lucrehulk-class. The New Republic also built the Viscount-class on the same scale as a star dreadnought, but called it a star defender type. If we're looking for consistency, we should call it a star dreadnought. Star Wars is confusing enough in its pseudo-military references.

Plus there are star battlecruisers that fall in size between the star dreadnought and Imperial-class star destroyers such as the old Procurator-class, the Praetor-class, the Quaestor-class, and the New Republic's Mediator-class ships.

The term battleship is even more encompassing, including everything from star destroyers on up in size. Basically they refer to the largest, most dominating ships of their time which were expected to be able to stand in battle against the enemy's largest ships. Thus the name "battle"ship. Some eras brought some very large battleships like Executor that absolutely dwarf the early battleships into impotence next to them in obsolescence.

So, battleship as the overall term, within it is star dreadnoughts, star battlecruisers, and star destroyers, etc. Then SSD is a type of star dreadnought especially referring to the triangular design type from Kuat Shipyards designed by Lira Wessex. Within the SSD type there are several classes of ships like Executor, Sovereign, and Eclipse.

But ship classes refer to ships that are built very nearly alike (no two ships are ever EXACTLY alike), and are generally named for the first ship built in that class, thus the Executor class SSD. Thus there are multiple (unknown numbers) of the Executor class ships like Executor, Lusankya, Iron Fist, etc. Also, other ships of the same class as a particular ship are known as sister ships.
---
Lay me on the ground, fly me in the sky, show me where to look, tell me what will I find.[OBFC]