Overlord Glitches and F.A.Q. *LOOK HERE FIRST AND KEEP BUMBPED*

#1Seven_SignzPosted 7/5/2007 1:01:36 PMmessage detail
This is the last topic like this I'm making, so make use of it. I'll try to keep it alive as long as I can.
Please don't post until you see my signature. Thank you.

Glitches:
Brewery Wheel
While in the brewery at the part when you have to find the spokes for the wheel to progress, If you partially or fully complete the wheel without turning it to go farther and return to the tower, the spokes disappear forever and you can no longer progress through the game.
Solutions: A) Wait for the patch B) Start a new game and remember not to do that C)Don't return to your tower until after you have cleared the brewery D)Sometimes if you leave and reenter the brewery area, the spokes reload themselves. This does not work all the time but it's worth a try.

Rocking the Tower
After "rocking the tower" with your current mistress, if you buy another 2nd level upgrade or even just enter the upgrade menu, Gnarl will state that your mistress is has requested your presence in your private quarters. As of now, you can only rock the tower once, so she will not be there. Gnarl will continuously say "'Insert mistress here' is not a lady to be kept waiting" and it gets very annoying.
Solutions: A)Buy all possible tower upgrades before exiting the menu and never look at it again B)Wait for patch C)Try to ignore it :p

Ruborian Health Upgrade
While getting the health totem in the Ruborian desert that requires you to kill 5 sand worms, the minions will proceed to carry it to the nearest tower portal, which happens to be the one in the village. They will get to the middle of the rock bridge you made previously by turning the crank on the other side and stop in the middle. They will not move forward even when being manually controlled.
Solution: A)Manually control the minions at least 2/3 of the way to the tower portal at the beginning of the area(the one with all the beetles). They then drop it at that portal.
*Note* To manually control minions while carrying something or at a guard marker, lock on to whatever it is they're carrying or the guard marker and sweep them normally

Imbued Armor
After crafting the preferred armor type, choose the "upgrade" option at the smelters. Put X amount of minions into desired item and immediately after you select the "FORGE!" option, push start and "Exit Game." When you reload, you should have the imbued effect without the loss of minions.
*Notes* A) Make sure you exit the game BEFORE any minions jump into the smelter, if you exit too late, you will lose the minions anyway. B)Remember, for the ultimate armor set achievements, you must have at least two different minion types in the piece. Once you have a set fully imbued by using this glitch, equip said set and put a minion into any other piece of armor without using the glitch. After the "dummy" piece is upgraded normally, you should get the achievement.

Elf Eating Slugs
There is a glitch that causes the large slugs not to eat the released elves in the Temple Construction Site. I believe that this is a random glitch and a simple reloading of the are will fix it. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.
#2Seven_Signz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2007 1:04:12 PMmessage detail
Frequent Questions:
Tower Master Achievement
This achievement requires every, and I mean every tower object. This includes all health upgrades, mana upgrades, minion upgrades, gold sacks, spells, and the beer kettle. If your minions can carry it, it counts. That means Goldo's gold sack, the Mother Goddess statue, Spree's food, and the succubus statue found in the Halfway to Heaven Inn are all required to gain this achievement.

Dungeon Master Achievement
The full list of creature available in the dungeon is as follows:
1) Battler Beetle- Brown orb beetles
2) Bloody Unicorn- Unicorn's fought in Evernight
3) Boulder Beast- The mini armadillo like rock creatures, Golden Hills Construction Site
4) Dazzler Beetle- Blue orb beetles
5) Dwarf Bomber- The dwarves that throw bombs, Golden Hills
6) Dwarf Crossbowman- The dwarves that fire flaming bolts, Golden Hills
7) Dwarf Miner- Standard dwarf, Golden Hills
8) Dwarf Warrior- Larger then regular dwarves, has big axe and funny helmet, Golden Hills
9) Fallen Knight- The Paladins from Heaven's Peak, Heaven's Peak City
10) Flamer Dwarf- The flamethrower dwarves, Golden Hills
11) Forest Troll- The 'Natural' Trolls, First location, Green Hive
12) Ghost Elf- White floating elves in Evernight, First are encountered just before the Bloody Unicorns. *Note*You need blue minions to kill these and if you kill the first two after they are of no use, it doesn't award corruption
13) Halfling Cook- The halflings with chef hats and butcher knives, Melvin's Kitchen
14) Halfling Spearman- The halflings with the giant spear, Halfling Homes
15) Halfling Rocklobber- The halflings that throw Rocks (yes this should be where spearmen are)
16) Halfling Swordman- The halflings that have swords, standard halfling
17) Hulking Toad- The giant toads from the blue's lair and Evernight
18) Magma Beetle- Red orb beetle
19) Puff Beetle- Green orb beetle
20) Red Priest- The priests first found in Halfway To Heaven Inn and the Sir William's personal bodyguards
21)Rock Giant- The larger golem-like creature, outside the glittering mine in Golden Hills
22) Ruborian Bomber- Found in the Ruborian Desert, throw flaming bombs, red attire
23) Ruborian Fighter- The ninjas first found at Castle Spree, black attire
24) Skull Boar- The giants with huge hammers found in Evernight
25) Skull Rat- The archers creatures found in Evernight
26) Skull Stag- The shaman type creatures found in Evernight (They have antlers and a big staff)
27) Slug- The larger slugs found in Glittering Mine
28) Sluglet- The smaller slugs found around Golden Hills
29) Succubus- They are first found on the way to the blue minion lair in Heaven's Peak
30) Troll- Found guarding the human prisoners at the Halfling Slave Camp.
31) White Priest- The 'Mumblers', revive Fallen Knights, found at Heaven's Peak *Note* When you stumble upon their area, there is a short cutscene showing them in a fortress protected by flaming wood as some peasants are trying to get in
32) Zombie- The walking corpses found in Heaven's Peak
33) Zombie Lord- The zombies with the scimitar and the blue glowing hand, Heaven's Peak

Thanks to Wakefur for compiling this list

The "Last" Domination Spell
There is a domination spell near the Halfling village outside of spree. It's hidden in what looks like a ruined tower close to the entrance of the area.
*Note* It doesn't matter which order you retrieve spells in. You could get this spell second and it would upgrade to confuse, first to obtain slow, or last to get either submission or betrayal depending on your corruption level.
#3Seven_Signz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2007 1:23:37 PMmessage detail
How to Capture Jewel
*Note*For the method i am about to describe you need at least 30 minions. If you have more than 30 minions, use the remainder to block off the entrance so the only open path is the Tower Portal.
To start off, make sure Jewel is somewhere in the long center path. Now go to one of the six openings on the sides (3 on each). Choose "all" minions and set a guard marker at the opening. Tap the B button to call back one minion at a time until there are 5 minions on the guard marker. repeat that for the other five openings and just run Jewel to the portal. If somehow she gets sidetracked and winds up on the side somewhere, just chase her back to the center.

Gold Farming Spots
Ruborian Desert- Village (especially where the Statue of the Mother Goddess is/was), The Gold Mine, Angelis Keep, and Halfway to Heaven Inn are all good gold farming spots. Just once there, be sure to destroy every destructible item there for maximum efficiency. Personally, I believe the Ruborian Desert- Village to be the best area for gold, so once you have access to that just farm there.

Magma Giants and Rock Giants
They are the same thing. The only encounter with this creature is in front of the Gold mine in Golden Hills. There is a way to kill him by just waiting for the little slugs to do it, but this will not give you credit for the kill and thus the rock giant will not appear on the dungeon list.
*Note* The large rock giant guarding the Mother Goddess statue does not count as a rock giant since you have to use the Boulder Beasts to kill him.

100% Corruption
1) Kill one peasant
2) Trash Spree (Raid every home in Spree)- This means go to each house, break the door down, and send your minions in to ransack it until smoke comes out.
3) Kill 10 Peasants
4) Keep Spree's Food- When forced to choose between giving the peasants back their food or keeping it for yourself once you find it in the Halfling Homes, kill the peasants and take it back to your tower.
4) Kill 10 women
5) Kill 100 peasants
6) Capture 10 servants- After you torture Spree enough by killing many people, when you zone out of the area and come back, a peasant should offer you a "maiden" as a sort of sacrifice. Once you attack her either with minions or if you smack her yourself, she falls down and 2 minions are required to carry her back to the tower portal. Once she's delivered, a quest is started to find the 10 servants. They are dotted all around Mellow Hills so don't go to a different area such as Evernight, Castle Spree, or the Halfling Village to try to find them. You'll recognize them easily because they say something witty such as "You don't want me, you want my sister. She's the prettier one," or, "I'm not going with you, sheep killer" and will start immediately to run away arms flailing. They also have a little halo like ring around their head.
7) Suppressed Spree (Don't know the exact amount of killed peasants)
8) Harraser of Humans (Don't know the exact amount of killed peasants)
9) Bar Fight in Halfway to Heaven- Just smack someone, anyone in the bar and a huge fight ensues.
10) Chose Velvet over Rose
10) Burn the Sacred Grove
11) Fed the Elves to the slugs
12) Kill 10 elves
13) Take the gold instead of saving the Elven women after you defeat Goldo
14) Trashed all the houses in Heaven's Peak- See #2. Out of the entire town of Heaven's Peak, there are only 5 or 6 houses that you can actually break into, so look carefully.
15) Steal the Mother Goddess Statue- After recovering it in the Ruborian Desert, kill the elves that come and take it to your tower portal
16) Kill the traitors of spree- After defeating the Overseers and freeing Spree from Kahn's control, the peasants try to ask for mercy for their weakness. Don't give them any.
17) Enemy of Mankind- Kill 1000 peasants. Just farm Spree, that's what I did.

Thanks to Handicapkid for compiling the original list.
#4Seven_Signz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2007 1:23:51 PMmessage detail
Entering Goldo's Stronghold
Select your blue minions and target the wheel in front of the gate. Send the blues in with the right trigger. Simple as that.

There you have it, all done. If I screwed up somewhere, correct it with your posts. Keep this one bumped this time, I've seen too many topics asking the same damn questions after my last topic tanked.
---
GT: Seven Signz
(>'.')>-I===> "It's time to slay the dragon
#5OutlawStar02Posted 7/5/2007 1:47:06 PMmessage detail
nice work

bump
---
mph and tetris info in quote
#6IMhatePIEsPosted 7/5/2007 2:15:59 PMmessage detail
About Goldo's horde... When I picked it I had no time to place it on a portal, because there was a cutscene almost right away, So after the scene I ended up outside the royal halls with my minions and no gold sack... Has it already been counted??
---
Bigfoot is the world's only 700-pound ninja.
Diamond FC: 2191-4127-1394
#7Seven_Signz(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2007 3:03:08 PMmessage detail
It registers as soon as you get the 10 minions on it.
---
GT: Seven Signz
(>'.')>-I===> "It's time to slay the dragon."
#8Death_85264Posted 7/5/2007 3:05:32 PMmessage detail
Goldo's horde is added to your money after the cut seen
---
I'm not paranoid there just all out to get me
#9IMhatePIEsPosted 7/5/2007 3:05:32 PMmessage detail
Ahh, good to know.
---
Bigfoot is the world's only 700-pound ninja.
Diamond FC: 2191-4127-1394
#10radar2670Posted 7/5/2007 3:11:15 PMmessage detail
<U>
Rocking the Tower
After "rocking the tower" with your current mistress, if you buy another 2nd level upgrade or even just enter the upgrade menu, Gnarl will state that your mistress is has requested your presence in your private quarters. As of now, you can only rock the tower once, so she will not be there. Gnarl will continuously say "'Insert mistress here' is not a lady to be kept waiting" and it gets very annoying.
Solutions: A)Buy all possible tower upgrades before exiting the menu and never look at it again B)Wait for patch C)Try to ignore it :p </U>

Do I need to buy ALL tower upgrades before "Rocking The Tower" or just all the level 2 upgrades?