Freezing issues.

#1metalhead47Posted 8/31/2008 3:40:59 PM
I just started playing this game about an hour ago and it has frozen on me 3 times so far.
Granted, my 360 had been turned on for a while before I started playing so I'm giving it a break before I try again. My brother played for 3 hours without 1 problem. Then I logged on to play it, got the update and then it seems the game has freezing problems.

Has anyone else had freezing issues? I really want to play it. I've loved the Mercs series ever since Playground Of Destruction.

**I know for a fact it is not my 360 hardware and the Mercs 2 disc is spotless**

Thank you!
---
If I had a quarter for every time I said "If I had a nickel...", I would have five times as much theoretical money.
#2GameOzPosted 8/31/2008 4:27:28 PM
I have a brand new 360 (have not had any issues) and game. I have had one freeze so far, at a loading screen.
---
No More Heroes is pretty much the greatest game ever made.
#3m3th0dm4nPosted 8/31/2008 4:38:52 PM
I've had 3 different copies so far of the game. They all have what appears to be manufacturing defects on the disc. The furthest I was able to get into the game was the initial boat sequence. After that it would constantly freeze the game on me and in different places everytime. The Pandemic intro video, the "Press Start" screen, loading screens, main menu, etc. etc. The odd thing is it isn't a 360 hardware freeze because when I press the Xbox button during a 'freeze' I can hear the dashboard menu open and when I eject the DVD it will boot me to the Dashboard (normally a system freeze requires a restart).
#4metalhead47(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2008 5:00:50 PM
^ This is what is happening to me except mine freezes during gameplay also.
Just 5 minutes ago the game glitched and it wouldn't load anyhting at all, so my character just fell through the map and got stuck there until I went back to the dashboard.

I really liked this game but this is pissing me off to no end.
---
If I had a quarter for every time I said "If I had a nickel...", I would have five times as much theoretical money.
#5SEA_Posted 8/31/2008 5:03:41 PM
**I know for a fact it is not my 360 hardware and the Mercs 2 disc is spotless**

How do you know for sure there's not something wrong with your 360 hardware? I had a problem where only one game had problems (all my other games worked fine), and soon after, my 360 died.
---
San Diego St. Aztecs: 0-1 *facepalm*
San Diego Chargers: 0-0
#6eliminator99Posted 8/31/2008 5:13:13 PM
none for me, I played about 7hrs, no bugs , nothing so far. the game is really fun..
#7metalhead47(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2008 5:14:48 PM
I had it repaired last week.
Plus the things that are happening, are happening on the game.
If the hardware is failing it wouldn't limit itself to one game to cause issues with.
The freezes I'm having are of Mercs 2 only. I can even open the guide menu during one.

Also my brother played for 3 hours without a single freeze or glitch but when logged in and got the update it started pulling this Bull**** on me.

I'm 99% sure it is a flaw on the disc data. If anyone remembers, a bunch of copies of Super Smash Bros. Brawl caused Wii's to bite the dust even when nothing was wrong with the Wii. I'm not saying that my 360 isn't damaged, though it is highly unlikely.

Anyway I've decided to try and trade my disc in for another copy and see if that works. If it doesn't then I'll believe that it might be my 360's fault.

---
#8metalhead47(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2008 5:15:52 PM
Sorry for the double post but I forgot to say thanks to the people that helped.
---
#9generallee01Posted 8/31/2008 5:24:28 PM
I have a 2 year old 360 and played about 4hours, no issues.
#10SEA_Posted 8/31/2008 5:54:25 PM
Again, just because it's only Mercs 2 that's having problems doesn't mean your 360 is fine. I had the exact same problem (as have many others) where one game freezes (among other things), then soon after the whole thing dies. Just because it was just repaired doesn't mean you're immune either. I'm not trying to troll/make stuff up. Just saying you should be a bit cautious about your 360.
---
San Diego St. Aztecs: 0-1 *facepalm*
San Diego Chargers: 0-0
More topics from this board...
The Mercenaries 2 Glitch FAQOdwolda1623/30/2012