Where do I get more air strikes

#1DeadMan497Posted 9/5/2008 6:59:11 PM
I've got a few, but dunno how to buy anymore the shops aren't seeling any.

And some require a jet pilot, which i don't know where to get.
---
And Lenin rises out of the grave. ~Ravenius_sors
please tell me you are not referring to John LENNON ~alexander37
#2SH3valtielPosted 9/5/2008 7:23:39 PM
You get the Jet pilot really early in the game by following the story missions, it's not something you get yourself at any time.

You also unlock more airstrieks from factions as you gain in respect with them.

Now considering i'm about 42% of the wya through and haven't even met the last 2 factions yet, i'd say you're a long way off from getting most of them.

just keep playing, it shouldn't take too long :)
---
Evil is Powerful, Courage is Solid
Gamertag - Razlo TPD
#3rob316gold2Posted 9/5/2008 8:29:48 PM

Just like what the poster above said you get airstrikes from the Factions, but you only get the 4 basic airstrikes as pickups from the playing field. I am not saying they are found only on the field but that they are the only airstrikes out side of a mission that you can pick up. For example to get the jet pilot you will need to get 3 Bunker busters which you usually can only buy from the AN faction From an island that holds them. Outside of this mission they will not be there.

Anything high tech such as laser and satalite strikes you will need to hunt down the HVT and the target buildings to unlock. Also note i have noticed that if you mark multiple items for pick up ewan will pick them all up at the same time. A real time saver.

#4rob316gold2Posted 9/5/2008 8:41:22 PM

Also if you don't know how to get the pilot, after you aquire ewan talk to him about eva get her on your team then talk to her she will tell you about the pilot up north by the pirate territory. talk to him and do his mission and you will get him as an ally.

note that his mission is the longest and the hardest to do of the three recruitment missions if not prepared for so i suggest you get a few heli's under your belt that can attack targets and use one to get to the island with the Bunker busters. if that one gets destroyed then don't call another one until you get all three missiles. Then fly to the next island which is where your target is at. Take out all the tower gaurds and then shoot the fuel tanks next to the bunkers on either end of the last entry way to eliminate the barracks that will shoot rockets at you. once done you might run into a tank. so if you have any rockets left use them to take out the tank. then land and equip the B.B. and blow the bunker up mission complete. also you might note be able to get out of range so i suggest you getback and hug the wall when you call in the strike you might take damage to the point of red screening. but you should survive it to get back to the PMC.

#5TyrannicalPosted 9/5/2008 11:42:32 PM
As soon as you get ewan, you've done all the missions you need to get the mechanic and jet pilot. Talk to ewan to get the mechanic, and talk to the mechanic to get the jet pilot.
Of course the mechanic and pilot offer a mission before they join you.
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.
#6icul0okin2Posted 9/6/2008 1:09:25 AM
"For example to get the jet pilot you will need to get 3 Bunker busters which you usually can only buy from the AN faction From an island that holds them. Outside of this mission they will not be there."

Wait what? You don't need to buy bunker busters for that mission, you get a couple free ones when it starts.
---
"It's Starscream"
#7rob316gold2Posted 9/6/2008 2:17:12 AM

icul0okin2 posted...
"For example to get the jet pilot you will need to get 3 Bunker busters which you usually can only buy from the AN faction From an island that holds them. Outside of this mission they will not be there."

Wait what? You don't need to buy bunker busters for that mission, you get a couple free ones when it starts.
---
"It's Starscream"

Yes. you get 3 of them from an island on the far right side of the game just below the island you use them for. So i take it you went through hell and high water to get the bunkerbusters from a faction store didn't you.

#8icul0okin2Posted 9/6/2008 3:19:03 AM
No, I didn't have any BBs before the mission. When the mission started the game automatically gave me 2 or 3 and were labeled "free." Like many missions that require an airstrike, the game gives you the needed item, it doesn't make you buy them. Now there's a screen while choosing to accept or decline the mission that list some items, but those are recommendations.
I could be wrong but I don't remember ever having to buy a single BB for that mission and was able to do that mission without the AN and China being unlocked. I'm about to play through the game again and if I'm wrong I'll come back and admit it.
---
"It's Starscream"
#9icul0okin2Posted 9/6/2008 5:56:00 AM
I was wrong.
---
"It's Starscream"
More topics from this board...
The Mercenaries 2 Glitch FAQOdwolda1623/30/2012