The Mercenaries 2 Glitch FAQ

#41BlutendentoddPosted 9/20/2008 6:28:20 AMmessage detail
I found a new glitch I don't think has been reported yet. I was driving a sports car towards a bridge and the car instantly disappeared. I tried to get out of the car, as my character disappeared with it, but nothing happened for a bit. Though I know the game wasn't freezing, because Guerillas and the VZ were fighting where I had disappeared. Then, all of a sudden, my character appeared. Probably not significant, but he was about two inches off the ground, and as soon as he appeared he dropped down onto the ground as he normally would if he jumped out of a car in mid-air or something. This happened in single player.

Also, the factions reporting to hq feature is extremely bugged. I was once right by one of the big UP ships that was marked as an objective to be destroyed and noticed a NPC driven helicopter rapidly descending towards the boat. It smashed into the gas tanks which lead the entire ship being destroyed without any intervention from myself. However, one of the UP soldiers on board still started calling into HQ which lead to the UP going hostile to me. Very annoying, that was.
#42Phalanx_1988Posted 9/20/2008 3:28:45 PMmessage detail
For the glitch of a building that has been blown up and yet you didn't get credit all you have to do to fix it is go inside an outpost or any other loading screen and then re exist and the building will have magically regrown out of the ground.
#43cartmanbluesPosted 9/20/2008 10:05:02 PMmessage detail
I got the Character Change glitch after playing with my friend, who was Mattias. Now I'm Mattias, too. I gave him a good scolding on how it was all his fault. Hahaha jkjk.:P
#44ShottyMongoPosted 9/21/2008 10:38:19 AMmessage detail
ive had one were it wouldnt let u zoom in with the binoculars or the anti material rifles it will let u go into the binoculars and the sniper zoom but u couldnt zoom in or out anymore i tryed saveing and reloading and it fixed it but it came back in a few minutes i had to clear my cache in order to fix it

ive also one where nobody would shoot at me with bullets the vz would throw nades,melee,shoot recoiless rifles, shoot rpgs, and try to run me over but they wouldnt shoot at me with bullets i was standing in front of a heavy mg and vz were all over with ak-47s, automatic rifles and snipers and they were aiming right at me but not shooting
#45J_dot_JPosted 9/21/2008 3:11:27 PMmessage detail
Not sure if this has been added but when im in a vehicle car, boat, chopper (can be anything) in single player someone will join my game and the vehicle just explodes and it gets really annoying if your in the middle of a challenge and your forced to retry
#46J_dot_JPosted 9/21/2008 3:12:02 PMmessage detail
Not sure if this has been added but when im in a vehicle car, boat, chopper (can be anything) in single player someone will join my game and the vehicle just explodes and it gets really annoying if your in the middle of a challenge and your forced to retry
#47J_dot_JPosted 9/21/2008 3:12:44 PMmessage detail
sorry for double post
#48ShottyMongoPosted 9/21/2008 5:28:50 PMmessage detail
in the raining men and blanco glitch i found out that for me it only happens when im in a boat and i drive under or near where a oil rig used to be before it blew up the game doesnt recognize that the oil rig is gone and spawns people on it but since there is no oil rig they sceam and fall to their death
#49HollowBlade-v2Posted 9/22/2008 10:09:10 AMmessage detail

what about the glitch of textures not loading and then you fall and fall and fall having to restart the game, or what about the one where it gets stuck wile loading and in fact the game decides to take a nap wile you stair at the loading screen.

and what about the textures randomly failing and being able to walk threw the buildings and everything despawning... i would love to play this game but it seems imposible after having to restart my xbox 5 times in a row to attempt to get it to work it was a fail..

this game is an epic fail, this isnt even a game heck i i bought this i would call ea and tell them to give me back my money.

#50xD3THxPosted 9/22/2008 1:35:58 PMmessage detail
when i played this game it gave me almost all of the acheivments as soon as i completed the mission "the Devastator". now i'm not scientist but i'd say they screwed up on this game a bit. and every time i have collected a spare part save quit and then load it up as soon as i walked past were they were it would give me it a second time