Game Freezes at "Connecting to EA Servers" on main page

#1ziggyzeonPosted 11/7/2009 10:53:46 PM
hey i got this game recently and really excited to update it how ever when it loads to the main screen it always freezes at connecting to the EA servers....

it seems to work for awhile but once the text at the top right goes to a certain point it freezes and loops the music. it gets stuck at "necting to the EA servers"

Ive exchanged the disk twice now and also tried on another PS3 same issue. anyone know whats going on. or if there is a way to update without using the ea servers... checked the forums but couldnt see the topic anywhere.
#2ziggyzeon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2009 10:55:19 PM
Also i forgot to mention the game works great when i disconnect from the internet...
#3S_GonesPosted 11/8/2009 2:13:05 PM
I'm having the same problem. I returned the game as well, thinking the disc was the problem. The new copy is doing the same thing. Can't even get past the character select screen because it freezes trying to connect to the EA servers. I can't figure out what the problem is.

I have the 120gb PS3 and the latest firmware update.

---
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion."
-Arthur C. Clarke
#4S_GonesPosted 11/8/2009 4:41:02 PM
Ah, apparently they shut down the servers for the PS3 due to inactivity. Or so I read.

I might have gotten this for the 360 if I had known that beforehand. Not that I would expect there to be a lot of people playing it online for that either these days.

I just saw this really cheap in a bargain bin and decided to finally get it.

Oh well. Though I'm still not sure why it attempting to sign into the servers causes the system to freeze. You would think it would just result in a failure to connect. This is the first time that failing to connect to a server has caused any of my systems to freeze.

---
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion."
-Arthur C. Clarke
#5operator879Posted 11/8/2009 8:57:40 PM
this info makes me glad I got the platinum before the servers pulled their arrogant plugs on us.
---
---PSN: op879
#6KylieDogPosted 11/16/2009 12:26:15 AM
The servers are still active, pretty sure the game is player hosted anyway and the servers just for searching.
#7RivalPosted 12/5/2009 1:48:30 PM
I had the same problem as well.

I unplugged my ethernet cable and it worked just fine. so you can still single player it.
---
This sig has been removed due to copyrights laws held by the south american government.
#8Cow_tippingPosted 12/10/2009 4:34:54 AM

does this game still freeze when loggin in online

it sucks that u need to be logged in to get some of the trophies

#9Liquid_capsulePosted 12/15/2009 8:44:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10SekoriaPosted 12/17/2009 2:50:02 PM
Well, apparently they didn't pull the plug yet. On the official forum, a dev stated that they were looking into the matter. However, it may be something they say when they have no idea what's going on.
---
"For my own part, I realized humanity was doomed when kids started abbreviating three-letter words." - Zem
PSN ID : Sekoria