Possible to play PSP games on PS3?

#1El_Mariachi_484Posted 12/23/2011 9:02:00 PM
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I'm sort of a casual gamer and I don't know much as you guys. Thus, why I post!

I really got into Peace Walker recently on the MGS HD collection that came out for PS3. I have tried playing it before on the PSP, but the controls were not to my liking. Specifically, I loved having a second analog stick for the camera.

I was browsing the PSN store today and saw Portable Ops on there. Now, I know it says its a PSP game, but I also know some games you can download for both the PS3 and PSP, specifically PS1 titles I've downloaded.

What I was wondering if PSP games bought from the PSN store work the same way. I don't want to spend the money buying it again, especially since I HAVE the original PSP game. If I can play Portable Ops on my Ps3 controller, it would be worth downloading.

Thanks in advance!
---
There comes a point in every young man's life when he realizes he will never be as cool as A.C. Slater
#2snake2410Posted 12/24/2011 1:04:12 PM
El Mariachi 484 posted...
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I'm sort of a casual gamer and I don't know much as you guys. Thus, why I post!

I really got into Peace Walker recently on the MGS HD collection that came out for PS3. I have tried playing it before on the PSP, but the controls were not to my liking. Specifically, I loved having a second analog stick for the camera.

I was browsing the PSN store today and saw Portable Ops on there. Now, I know it says its a PSP game, but I also know some games you can download for both the PS3 and PSP, specifically PS1 titles I've downloaded.

What I was wondering if PSP games bought from the PSN store work the same way. I don't want to spend the money buying it again, especially since I HAVE the original PSP game. If I can play Portable Ops on my Ps3 controller, it would be worth downloading.

Thanks in advance!

You can't play it on PS3. Pretty much only PS1 games off PSN can be played on both PS3 and PSP. I personally wish it was possible though, the controls on PO are the one thing that really ruins the game for me. I'm trying to do a chronological playthrough of all the games but this one is really driving me nuts. Forgot the controls were so god aful. Even with the PW setup I'm using its still pretty much crap for controls.
---
PSN: snake2410
#3lalelulelosopPosted 1/3/2012 1:36:34 PM
you can make your psp show up in a hd tv tho
---
PSN: Solid_Gabe136
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW1op5SzWZs
#4riddlebox89Posted 1/5/2012 11:00:40 AM
this question gets asked on the PS3 boards at least once a week, the answer is always, and most likely will always, remain the same...NO.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#5Tom___DPosted 1/9/2012 7:39:23 AM
lalelulelosop posted...

Yeah, but it looks crap. A friend gave the leads to connect to my tv for my birthday, I did it once and put the leads in a draw somewhere.
#6El_Mariachi_484(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2012 1:42:07 PM
It's really a shame this wasnt part of the HD collection that came out. I would have easily paid an extra $10-15 to include it.
---
There comes a point in every young man's life when he realizes he will never be as cool as A.C. Slater
#7lalelulelosopPosted 1/13/2012 4:01:23 PM
Tom___D posted...
lalelulelosop posted...

Yeah, but it looks crap. A friend gave the leads to connect to my tv for my birthday, I did it once and put the leads in a draw somewhere.

still good if you want to record psp games and upload them..you also need psp 2000/3000 to do this
---
PSN: Solid_Gabe136
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW1op5SzWZs