Project Crystallis: Project Playthrough

#1SwazooPosted 11/1/2012 2:14:46 PM(edited)
Hey guys! Im excited to say that Project Crystallis is going to start a live playthrough of Final Fantasy 1 to Final Fantasy 13 (excluding 11 of course) as a form of protest to Square Enix’s blatant disregard to their fans. We are going to name this protest “Project Playthrough” and we will officially go live this Thursday.

Also, this is going to be through twitch.tv and if we get enough viewers (specifically, an average of 400), then they’ll help fund us. That could allow us to do even more things to promote our project and rally even more support to push us forward. This is just one of the plans we have to further help Project Crystallis succeed. We are also doing it in a way that we sincerely hope you can enjoy! Of course, we also have to give credit to our source of inspiration. thespeedgamers have previously done a marathon of the Final Fantasy games and have achieved insane results, so we would just like to give them a shout out.

Be sure to join us on Thursday!

http://projectcrystallis.org/project-playthrough/
#2CityLumbarPosted 11/1/2012 2:24:18 PM
How is that a protest?
---
My boredom has outshined the sun
#3iambashoPosted 11/1/2012 2:25:17 PM
Er... today is Thursday where I'm at, so do you mean in a few hours or next week? There's a lack of dates/times on the PC website.
---
The world you see with your eyes may well differ completely from the one I see with mine. There are as many worlds as there are observers-Doreen, Chrono Trigger
#4Swazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 2:28:18 PM
iambasho posted...
Er... today is Thursday where I'm at, so do you mean in a few hours or next week? There's a lack of dates/times on the PC website.

next week, sorry about that
#5Swazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 2:30:37 PM
Swazoo posted...
iambasho posted...

next week, sorry about that

and a precise schedule will be posted sometime this week, this was mostly just announcing the project.
#6iambashoPosted 11/1/2012 2:39:19 PM
Alrighty, I usually have a huge physics assignment due every Friday so I might not be able to watch but I'll try to remember to play it so you guys get the view.
Have you guys decided which versions of 1-8 you'll play?
---
The world you see with your eyes may well differ completely from the one I see with mine. There are as many worlds as there are observers-Doreen, Chrono Trigger
#7CityLumbarPosted 11/1/2012 2:59:09 PM
CityLumbar posted...
How is that a protest?

---
#8Swazoo(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 3:05:40 PM
iambasho posted...
Alrighty, I usually have a huge physics assignment due every Friday so I might not be able to watch but I'll try to remember to play it so you guys get the view.
Have you guys decided which versions of 1-8 you'll play?

I know that im personally going to do the NES version of 1 and 3. I believe its going to be the PSP version of 2, advanced version of 4, and the original versions of the rest. I think mixtopher is going to try and play the HD version of 7 though.

And its a protest because we're going to use it to obtain more supporters, raise more awareness to what we're doing, and obtain more funds for our project.
#9CityLumbarPosted 11/1/2012 3:19:20 PM
I think you misunderstand the meaning of the word "protest". It's a reasonable thing to do to advance your cause, but it's not a protest.

That's like saying any awareness/fund-raising campaign is a protest.
---
#10mixtopher1Posted 11/1/2012 3:37:27 PM
Yes I will be trying to get the HD version of FF7. The full install on that is around 20GB though.

I am also doing FF8 and I bet there are HD versions as well.
---
I'd appreciate it if you "Like" my page :) - facebook.com/HitMe1Official