Versus XIII seems its going to be "disturbing" (speculation topic)

#1CranberryTacoPosted 11/15/2012 7:48:14 AM
Tetsuya Nomura also believes that the story for Final Fantasy Versus XIII is something too extreme to be done in a mainline Final Fantasy game. The story will be so disturbing that some people will still be thinking about it months after finishing the game.

Im taking it with a grain of salt since it comes from Wkipedia.

Im thinking that one of the enemy kingdoms of Noctis' will use the crystal to make some sort of nuclear bomb, or cause genocIde.

The genocide plot has already been played out in the mediocre FF XIII with the purge but i have no idea what else it could be. What do you all think on here what will be so "disturbing"?

All the best.
---
Slick, Talented and a Musician/DJ (No bookings until Xmass).http://www.memorylast.net/content/graphics/animated-gifs/taco.gif Final Fantasy
#2JaylesseePosted 11/15/2012 8:23:03 AM
Not sure what he means by disturbing. But there was a similar article that stated it would be a compelling story with an ending that will leave you crying for weeks after you finished playing it. And then there was a joke (Nomura said?) that he isn't that cruel to make the players cry.
---
Project Crystallis: Follow Us At- https://twitter.com/PCrystallis
Once I Get Up, I Will Rock. Never Stop.
#3Bishop_SasaraiPosted 11/15/2012 8:50:54 AM
The amount of time it's taking for an update is already disturbing.
---
Anticipating the following: Ni No Kuni (PS3), MGR: Revengeance (PS3), Tales of Xillia (PS3), MGS: GZ (PS3)
#4NolocNoaxPosted 11/15/2012 9:27:27 AM
Bishop_Sasarai posted...
The amount of time it's taking for an update is already disturbing.

Very much so. WTF are they waiting for? PS4 to drop?
---
PSN: NolocNoax
Gamertag: Noloc Noax
#5IshramTheWrathPosted 11/15/2012 9:49:17 AM
There needs to be a development shot clock.
---
Toriyama Motomu is the Uwe Boll of video games.
#6StarBladeEdgePosted 11/15/2012 9:55:01 AM
yeah the story of the game is disturbing. it never comes.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22t-tiWiLw&feature=fvwrel Proud user of the korean sackflash move in ttt2 !
#7Asd202Posted 11/15/2012 9:59:59 AM
Seriously at this point everything said about the game could have been scraped there's no point in talking about those old quotes.
#8reno385Posted 11/15/2012 1:46:27 PM
That might be a mistranslation. I remember hearing at some point years ago that Nomura said he wants to story to be so engaging that you think about it for months after you finish. He might not have meant disturbing as in something creepy/uncomfortable/etc.
#9MagiusNecrosPosted 11/15/2012 5:30:07 PM
Final Fantasy BERSERK. Heard it here first.

*flees*
---
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board
#10ExentrykPosted 11/15/2012 7:23:59 PM
Xenogears' plot was also too disturbing to be used for FF7's story. If Versus is even remotely as good as Xenogears... *Sigh... wishful thinking*
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.