Rumor: SE is preparing a special conference in January 2013

#61MagnaderAlphaPosted 11/18/2012 7:15:40 PM
SkyrimDawnguard posted...
Thamauturge posted...
FFX = Most overrated FF game of all time. Easily among the worst, along with FFXIII. FFX was where the series started to decline. FFXII scrapped everything that sucked about FFX and ended up being amazing. People only like FFX for nostalgia.

Please don't assume. Many people liked FFX not for nostalgia, maybe because it was actually fun? Lol and you're gonna say that FFX is the most overrated FF game of all time? Do you remember perhaps the 7th game in the series?

I thought FFX was alright. Not the savior to the series as some claimed it to be, though FFVII wasn't either. Don't get me wrong, I do like both of them! Though, if there was ever to be a FF game that takes the entire series and moves it to the next level, a true progression in everything FF, a step up and yadda yadda, I don't think we've gotten then yet(or we might never get there). Everything else, I've seen(IMO), has been side steps the focus more on sacrificing good aspects for new aspects(which either work as beneficial or lackluster).
#62supereerikPosted 11/19/2012 9:39:07 AM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
SkyrimDawnguard posted...
Thamauturge posted...
FFX = Most overrated FF game of all time. Easily among the worst, along with FFXIII. FFX was where the series started to decline. FFXII scrapped everything that sucked about FFX and ended up being amazing. People only like FFX for nostalgia.

Please don't assume. Many people liked FFX not for nostalgia, maybe because it was actually fun? Lol and you're gonna say that FFX is the most overrated FF game of all time? Do you remember perhaps the 7th game in the series?

I thought FFX was alright. Not the savior to the series as some claimed it to be, though FFVII wasn't either. Don't get me wrong, I do like both of them! Though, if there was ever to be a FF game that takes the entire series and moves it to the next level, a true progression in everything FF, a step up and yadda yadda, I don't think we've gotten then yet(or we might never get there). Everything else, I've seen(IMO), has been side steps the focus more on sacrificing good aspects for new aspects(which either work as beneficial or lackluster).

The savior of the series? What?
the FF series was more alive than anything after the PS1 era. There was no need for saving anything.
FFX was amazing nonetheless. Probably the best FF in my opinion.
---
My ridiculously brave ranking order of Final Fantasy games:
FFX=FFVII>FFXIII-2=FFVIII>FFIX=FFX-2=FFXIII>>>>FFXII
#63PillsberyDoeManPosted 11/19/2012 5:12:15 PM
i think 10 gets too much credit, while 12 gets too little.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#64UltimaXOmegaPosted 11/19/2012 5:31:00 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...

12 sucked and was easily the worst main game in the series.
Also 7 was just meh.
---
The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic-Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin
Official 5 Tails Jinchuriki Han of the UNS3 boards
#65ZXR_ReignSlayerPosted 11/19/2012 7:24:29 PM(edited)
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/9/90/Dawson_says_no_gif.gif
---
Everyone thinks they are special and the exception to the rule...everyone...and they are all wrong -RonD70
#66zUkUuPosted 11/19/2012 8:18:58 PM
At this point, I'm serious just happy if they ever show another picture to say "not canceled".

I also hope they shift it to be a PS4 launch title. that would be not only the smartest choice, but would be a win-win-win situation for sony, square and the customers.
#67theofficefan99Posted 11/19/2012 8:20:22 PM
zUkUu posted...
At this point, I'm serious just happy if they ever show another picture to say "not canceled".

I also hope they shift it to be a PS4 launch title. that would be not only the smartest choice, but would be a win-win-win situation for sony, square and the customers.

That would actually be very stupid considering that it would anger a hell of a lot of people and the install base for the PS4 at launch will obviously be much smaller than what the PS3 has now.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#68zUkUuPosted 11/19/2012 8:28:32 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
zUkUu posted...

That would actually be very stupid considering that it would anger a hell of a lot of people and the install base for the PS4 at launch will obviously be much smaller than what the PS3 has now.

everyone that gets a ps4 will get that game (as it's probably one of the biggest if not biggest launch titles at that time) + bundles are very popular in the start (see: Motorstorm). therefore, this game will be probably the best selling FF as of yet. Also, square would be heavily supported by sony.

for sony, the game could be easily a system seller if it's good.

for us, it means
1. we have a fix release date and
2. we can enjoy it on a "next gen", meaning bigger world, better graphic, better resolution, no framerate drops etc. even if they just up the resolution of the current engine.
#69Josh_the_WhitePosted 11/19/2012 11:05:51 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...

The same could be said about 7. I agree about 12 not getting enough credit though.
---
On a mission to beat every Legend of Zelda game (excluding the crappy "non-existent" Phillips CD-i games).
Started: 12/19/2011
#70ForevAlonePosted 11/19/2012 11:29:36 PM
Hope someone from SE would confirm this soon