Exclusive interview with Wada about Versus, X HD, Type-0 and FFXV!!

#1nfobiaPosted 11/19/2012 9:30:54 AM
I met Yoichi Wada in a sushi bar two weeks ago when i was a trip in Japan. He was in a mood and answered some of my questions about Versus, FFX HD and such. This interview is not meant for public so dont spread it too widely!

1) When will FFXIII Versus comes out?

Wada: Theres no concrete release date for now. There will be 1-2 hour long Versus demo coming out during early next year. If it sells well enough, we consider release full game as soon as possible.

2) Nomura said that story will be disturbing which fans will remember. Can you give any information what are these disturbing themes?

Wada: Unfortunately i cant tell much about this. All i can say is that the whole story was actually finished two years ago by Nomura, and it will remain unchanged. For western release we probably cut off some content because it wont go through cencorship. But this was Nomura's choice and as a honorable man, i appreciate his decision.

3) How's the battle system? Previous trailers showed it will be something like Kingdom Hearts, right?

Wada: Not quite. These videos was from the time game was in very early delevopment. All i can say is that it will include elements from shooter games and traditional action rpgs.

4) Anything to tell about character development and ability system?

Wada: Ability system reminds lot of Junction System from Final Fantasy VIII and IX equipment system, it will be heavily equipment and item based. There are no level ups. It is possible to attach ability Moogles into characters equipment, like in belts, swords, guns and pants. It will be something people haven't seen before!

5) What can you tell about characters? Whats the relationship between Noctis and Stella?

Wada: Its complicated to tell more about that, all i can say there is love theme included but not between the characters you mentioned.

6) Why has Versus taken so long? Its been 6 years since the annoucment.

Wada: Actually the first trailer which was introduced in 2006 is only a proto version of test version of Crystal Tools first Alpha version. During that point we didn't consider to create game at all, much like Agni's Philopsy is for now, just test demo. It was all due misunderstood by various people in our company. Final Fantasy Versus name was at first the project name for Dissidia Final Fantasy. But now its real game, dont worry! Real development started during early 2010.

7) How's FFX HD doing?

Wada: We have huge technical problems for now, so there wont be any new information before 2014. It was accident by our ex-employer who accidently left sushi to rot inside computer which included all the necessary data for remake.

8) Is it a real remake or HD remaster?

Wada: Its real remake which looks like HD remaster. It also include bonus stuff we had to cut from original game, 8 new dungeons and 3 characters. Also lot of DLC will be released within the game disc which connects with FFVII.

9) Why include DLC in game disc?

Wada: Business reasons.

10) When will Type-0 come out for western people?

Wada: We'll see how succesful PS Vita will be. Its not profitable to release it for now.

11) Can you tell me is any FFVII rumors true?

Wada: Some are, some dont. During first technical demo, we decided to make real remake for PS3. Project was unfortunately cancelled in 2009 because Mr. Sakaguchi contacted us and bought the license for it. For Mistwalkers remake project, i dont know much but i heard he used lot of material from VII remake to The Last Story.

12) What new games Square-Enix currently has in development?

Wada: Chocobo Dungeon 3D for Nintendo 3DS and Final Fantasy XII: Bangaa Beat'em Up!. These are only big projects for now related to Final Fantasy franchise. Final Fantasy XV is already completed so i'm not gonna mention that.
#2nfobia(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 9:31:50 AM
13) Final Fantasy XV completed? Are you kidding me?

Wada: No. It was developed by big outsourced western videogame company. Hiroyuki Ito has been supervisor for it past 4 years. Release date is in first half of 2013 for U.S. and Europe!

14) Why there hasn't been any information for this at all. Tell us more, please.

Wada: Well, project Fortress which was scrapped years ago by outsourced european company, included lots of good material for Final Fantasy game so we used that. Then, there was also huge loads of leftover material from Deus Ex Human Revolution. We also bought character models from original Assassins Creed III game so we saved a lot of time and money. Then the chinese company just stitched it all together and it ended up being great, at least thats what Mr. Itou told me before he passed away.

15) Passed away? How?

Wada: He took his own life unfortunately after FFXV was completed.

16) Thanks for the interview! Is there anything else you like to add?

Wada: Thank you! Square Enix will bring only the best for true fans of Final Fantasy!
#3adnancool13Posted 11/19/2012 9:56:09 AM
nfobia posted...
I met Yoichi Wada in a sushi bar two weeks ago when i was a trip in Japan. He was in a mood and answered some of my questions about Versus, FFX HD and such. This interview is not meant for public so dont spread it too widely!

1) When will FFXIII Versus comes out?

Wada: Theres no concrete release date for now. There will be 1-2 hour long Versus demo coming out during early next year. If it sells well enough, we consider release full game as soon as possible.

>FFXIII Versus

I call bs on TC because Wada would have corrected you :D
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#4BIG_C_4_LIFEPosted 11/19/2012 9:59:27 AM
You must be really bored, brah
---
(Currently thinking of a clever and original signature...... this could take a ****ing while)
#5kilaudePosted 11/19/2012 10:40:58 AM
I liked the part of the rotten sushi
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#6porcelainmaniacPosted 11/19/2012 12:11:56 PM
Fake but entertaining to read.
#7largerockPosted 11/20/2012 5:18:34 AM
I got a good laugh out of that.......then I burst into tears.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#8Emerald_WyvernPosted 11/20/2012 11:01:50 AM

7) How's FFX HD doing?

Wada: We have huge technical problems for now, so there wont be any new information before 2014. It was accident by our ex-employer who accidently left sushi to rot inside computer which included all the necessary data for remake.

Best part. xD
---
"A breach? Here? Bailiff! Get my steed! We need to retreat at once!"
Judge, Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
#9Zangetsu223Posted 11/20/2012 8:44:17 PM
nfobia posted...
13) Final Fantasy XV completed? Are you kidding me?

Wada: No. It was developed by big outsourced western videogame company. Hiroyuki Ito has been supervisor for it past 4 years. Release date is in first half of 2013 for U.S. and Europe!

14) Why there hasn't been any information for this at all. Tell us more, please.

Wada: Well, project Fortress which was scrapped years ago by outsourced european company, included lots of good material for Final Fantasy game so we used that. Then, there was also huge loads of leftover material from Deus Ex Human Revolution. We also bought character models from original Assassins Creed III game so we saved a lot of time and money. Then the chinese company just stitched it all together and it ended up being great, at least thats what Mr. Itou told me before he passed away.

15) Passed away? How?

Wada: He took his own life unfortunately after FFXV was completed.

16) Thanks for the interview! Is there anything else you like to add?

Wada: Thank you! Square Enix will bring only the best for true fans of Final Fantasy!

Itou death . @@
#10StarBladeEdgePosted 11/21/2012 12:08:58 PM(edited)
i hope tc is joking because if he/she really thinks someone is taking that seriously his/her brain must be melted.i personally stoped reading after some seconds but still good job writing all that ........and making a new acount for that.......

some people have so much time...i am jealous.....
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22t-tiWiLw&feature=fvwrel Proud user of the korean sackflash move in ttt2 !