A new perspective on Versus XIII's long delay

#1materia101Posted 11/21/2012 2:22:41 PM
A game is like a meal. You can cook it as normal, and it will do fine.

Or you can can slow cook it to perfection on the back burner. With the best of your ingredients, hard work is sure to pay off. Of course like anything else it will burn if cooked for too long but let's be honest you wouldn't dare take your eyes off it for too long now would you? On second thought, normally you'd have a timer so perhaps this wasn't the way to go.

Hmmmmm.

You are now thinking about food. >.<
---
This is a signature.
#2adnancool13Posted 11/21/2012 2:36:25 PM
This was always my perspective about Versus :/
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#3ForevAlonePosted 11/21/2012 7:11:45 PM
I still believe the rumor that said SE had cancelled versus but didnt announce that because it would affect their stock price. Now they are trying to release a ff game annually to make us forget about versus and let the game fade away slowly, but they'll need sth better than LR
The only way to justify this long development is that the game would come in 3 disc, 100+ hours of story and a review of no less than 9.5
#4zombie_basher13Posted 11/21/2012 10:35:28 PM
ForevAlone posted...
I still believe the rumor that said SE had cancelled versus but didnt announce that because it would affect their stock price. Now they are trying to release a ff game annually to make us forget about versus and let the game fade away slowly, but they'll need sth better than LR
The only way to justify this long development is that the game would come in 3 disc, 100+ hours of story and a review of no less than 9.5

SE has confirmed mutliple times it's still being made. The cancellation rumor was debunked, like, immediately. Because it was just a rumor. Square Enix is not so stupid they would flat out lie a game is still in development when they actually cancelled it, because shareholders and everybody would keep asking, Where is Versus? So if they never released it, they would lose stock and stuff anyway. So they're not gonna lie, multiple times, through multiple people.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#5ForevAlonePosted 11/22/2012 12:26:06 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
ForevAlone posted...

SE has confirmed mutliple times it's still being made. The cancellation rumor was debunked, like, immediately. Because it was just a rumor. Square Enix is not so stupid they would flat out lie a game is still in development when they actually cancelled it, because shareholders and everybody would keep asking, Where is Versus? So if they never released it, they would lose stock and stuff anyway. So they're not gonna lie, multiple times, through multiple people.

Who knows. maybe the company is in a financial crisis that they cannot afford to let their stock fall any further, so they drag this on as long as they could while trying to get out of the red
#6shadowSEXilPosted 11/22/2012 1:54:05 AM
Anything left on a burner for 6 years either isn't hot enough and the product has rotted, or it was hot enough to burn it beyond a crisp.
---
I eat cereal for breakfast with 1% milk.
#7largerockPosted 11/23/2012 7:18:45 AM
This was always my Versus about perspective :/
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#8matt091282Posted 11/23/2012 7:51:59 AM
Well, Square's main mistake was announcing it too early. I just think it's taking so long is that they are trying a lot of new technology and innovative elements that hasn't been used in a game (or it has, but sparingly), and trying to advance it. I really think Square is just handing this project with care and putting a lot of work into it.

I just fear that with all the technological advances that this game will make, is that it's going to wind up on PS4. I don't think it will, but it makes you wonder. In my case, I'll probably be getting a PS4 at launch anyway, but it's unfair for PS3 users who might've bought their system primarily for this game. But, I don't think it will come down to that.

While I think the game is going to be awesome, it's also basically going to be a giant tech demo showing off what next gen is going to look like for the most part. I do think this rumor for the January conference is probably legit. But, I would not expect a release date still. I don't think we'll be seeing this until 2014, for reasons I just mentioned, and also I don't think they want this coming out the same year as Lightning Returns.
#9Dinosaur_f4rtPosted 11/23/2012 8:30:37 AM
Long delayed or long cancelled? SE hates people.
---
FINAL FANTASY XIII-4 BIATCHEZ! MOAR LIGHTNING! Yes, I am the last surviving Dinosaur, Im cute, lovable, RAWRR! Fear Me!
#10matt091282Posted 11/23/2012 8:33:29 AM
Dinosaur_f4rt posted...
Long delayed or long cancelled? SE hates people.

lol Well, they don't hate people enough apparently because they did at least come out and debunk the rumor of Versus being cancelled. So, at least they did that. haha