Yoshida: Another mistake like FF14 would likely "destroy" Square.

#41jenraisPosted 12/6/2012 5:38:36 PM
PSOGuy25 posted...
finalfantasy.net posted a link to a new group that sprung up, like project crystalis, this project is dedicated to localizing type-0, if you click on type-0 news from the ff.net's portalsite you will find it at the top, and the top news on this new group's page, suzaku something or other states that 90% of localizing type-0 was done back near the end of 2011, however due to the way sales were going for psp games, SE decided to sit on it and see what fans wanted before releasing it.

and there has been HUGE demand for it since the game got released in japan, and SE refuses to listen to its fans requests on twitter or facebook. the last update to twitter or the facebook page was about the 25th anniversary concert, would u you like to know what every comment to that news was on the facebook? "LOCALIZE TYPE-0!" there is literallly over 100 comments stating thus! people have tweeted the same to SE_members_NA on twitter and i dont think it has done a bit of good.

why else did we get the interviews stating that SE "wants to bring type-0 to us, but wont due to the handheld market, unless it changes"? which we all know it wont cuz all the developers as well as sony has abandoned the psp everywhere in the world except in japan.

perhaps the psp would have done better if i don't know...

Gave us games to play
#42PSOGuy25Posted 12/6/2012 11:28:26 PM
i agree, ff3 being released on psn only was a stupid move on SE's part, its an anniversary edition, for the 25th anniversary collection,, if people read up on it they would know that. and we already got ff1, 2 and 4 on psp on umd, releasing a game digitally only abandons a ton of gamers, cuz not everyone that has a psp has access to wireless net that can access the psn store to dlaod the game! digital games is not a mark of how well a game system is doing!

look at the past video game console releases, they usually have a ton of releases for the first 1-2 yrs after the new systems release, ie. pokemon black/white 2 just got released on ds last month and the 3ds has been out for 2yrs now. and in japan there are a ton of games being released on psn as well as on umd since the vita was released earlier this year, how many have we gotten? 5-6 umd releases and a bunch of mini crap and mabye 1-2 psn releases of umd games. that proves that sony and developers dont give a crap about the psp anymore.

also adhoc party in japan is at version 2.6 something, we are at 1.00, STILL! and to top it off, Sony is advertising the hell out of current and new PS3/Vita releases on tv, ive seen tons of commercials for vita games that just came out, when was the last time you saw a PSP game advertised on tv?
---
psn: oogabooga26
#43Minister_of_MHPosted 12/7/2012 11:05:52 PM
PSOGuy25 posted...
i agree, ff3 being released on psn only was a stupid move on SE's part, its an anniversary edition, for the 25th anniversary collection,, if people read up on it they would know that. and we already got ff1, 2 and 4 on psp on umd, releasing a game digitally only abandons a ton of gamers, cuz not everyone that has a psp has access to wireless net that can access the psn store to dlaod the game! digital games is not a mark of how well a game system is doing!

look at the past video game console releases, they usually have a ton of releases for the first 1-2 yrs after the new systems release, ie. pokemon black/white 2 just got released on ds last month and the 3ds has been out for 2yrs now. and in japan there are a ton of games being released on psn as well as on umd since the vita was released earlier this year, how many have we gotten? 5-6 umd releases and a bunch of mini crap and mabye 1-2 psn releases of umd games. that proves that sony and developers dont give a crap about the psp anymore.

also adhoc party in japan is at version 2.6 something, we are at 1.00, STILL! and to top it off, Sony is advertising the hell out of current and new PS3/Vita releases on tv, ive seen tons of commercials for vita games that just came out, when was the last time you saw a PSP game advertised on tv?

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker was advertised by that little african american child who served as the poster-boy for PSP. Back then, I was on top of my stuff when it came to having the BEST PSP games and I already pre-ordered my copy.
---
United troll and MHFT welcomes you
#44MoonlightJustPosted 12/9/2012 9:32:53 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
ZanarkandZ posted...
Great.
Honestly I think they deserve this for being unwilling to hear the fans. Maybe if FFXIV fails HARD they'll hurry up to release Versus since it is being kept for when there's a need for a "classic final fantasy".
FF was always famous for being a single player game, I don't understand why they want to go online with it. FFXI managed okay, but that deosn't mean a online Final Fantasy will ever be a huge hit.

If 14 fails hard there wont be a Versus. Wishing for a company to fail thats making a game you want is stupid.

GOOD. the gaming industry doesn't need more crap from companies like se. if they go down the drain, i won't be missin' them.

at least they are trying. SE cannot possibly succeed, because the fanbase is so diverse and fickle, that it is impossible to appease them all. Hell, companies like Capcom are not even trying to improve, yet keep on going on with their dlc bull. They need to go under, not companies like SE, where it is impossible to please the fanbase. All they want is for FF to end and be focused around FF7 only. Its not SE fault that they want to offer change, which is the bane of all fanboys....

For the love of god, crawl back under your bridge. 'I LIKE THIS COMPANY AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS A FANBOY WHO ONLY WANS ONE GAME REDONE!" Yeah, there are people like that. But there are far MORE people who are just sick of the way SE completely disregards its previous fanbase in favor of trying to make a game they think will sell, as opposed to makinga game they know their built in fanbase will like. They expect that fanbase to buy whatever they crap out, and everyone was buying. Right up until XIII, and XIII-2. Now you still have a core group who will lap up whatever is sold, but the large majority of players are done. SE titles are no longer instant pre-order, they are wait and see. And they will REMAIN that way, or get worse until SE proves they are capable of making a triple A title again.
#45PillsberyDoeManPosted 12/9/2012 9:46:29 PM
MoonlightJust posted...
SE titles are no longer instant pre-order, they are wait and see. And they will REMAIN that way, or get worse until SE proves they are capable of making a triple A title again.

i know what you mean, but deep down, i have a feeling that v13 will definitely be worth that day1 purchase.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#46PSOGuy25Posted 12/10/2012 6:29:44 AM
yup, type-0 is also a day 1 hit. i cant wait until v13 comes out.
---
psn: oogabooga26
#47TehRYNOLPosted 12/10/2012 10:17:14 AM
Yoshida has really gained my respect ever since he started taking care of FFXIV. He took what used to be a piece of **** and turned it into what looks like a damn good game. Plus he seems really humble and seems to listen to the fans a lot. He's not afraid to admit mistakes and doesn't try to cover up ****.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009