Versus XIII - General Discussion

#1ExentrykPosted 12/3/2012 6:41:23 PM
So, I was reading the Wikipedia Article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII) which appears to have been updated since I last read it. Some of this stuff doesn't really have a source, so it could be made up. Use your discretion.

Firstly,
Nomura has stated that there are two main goals he wants to achieve with Final Fantasy Versus XIII:
1. To provide the most seamless gameplay experience ever seen in a Final Fantasy game.
2. To provide the most realistic story, characters and world ever seen in a Final Fantasy game.

Would anyone be against "most realistic" everything? After all, it is called Final Fantasy.

Second,
The story focuses on Noctis Lucis Caelum, the prince of a dynasty which rules a city state that has the last remaining crystal in the world. After this crystal is stolen by an invading nation, a global conflict ensues with all other nations wishing to gain it for themselves. Against this backdrop of a world at war, Noctis and his closest friends embark on an epic journey to try and get the crystal back. However, Noctis soon begins to feel the presence of another person inside him that has other plans.

...However, not everything is right with Noctis. He begins to develop multiple personality disorder and feel the presence of another person inside him. This other person believes that there is nothing either morally good or bad and that fools have set the rules in Noctis' world. When this other person takes over, Noctis' body becomes far more powerful and his eyes turn crimson red. However, the personality of this other person is cruel and immoral. They are also very intelligent and cunning. Noctis does not know where this other person has come from, but he knows that they are far more powerful than he is. For Noctis, the battle becomes not only reclaiming the last crystal, but also reclaiming himself.

Another person? Did Nomura really mention this in some old interview? Will Fei and ID be the savior after all?

There will be cities in the game and they will each be modelled in realistic scale to the characters. The city state home of Noctis is based on Shibuya in Tokyo. The city will be an accurate representation of it in both scale and detail. Creation of this city was done by studying maps of Shibuya and also visiting the area to capture photos and videos of the buildings and roads. Nomura has said the city state home of Noctis is the largest explorable city to ever appear in a Final Fantasy game.

Liking the sound of that.

The game will also use a realistic day/night cycle. Time will pass in synchronization to the PlayStation 3's internal clock. For example, if the player plays at 12:00 PM, it will be 12:00 PM in the game world and daylight. If the player plays at 12:00 AM, it will be 12:00 AM in the game world and it will be night. In cities, various shops will open between certain times. A regular grocery store or pharmacy will open in the morning and close in the evening. However, a nightclub or strip club will open at night and close in the morning. NPCs will also act according to what time of day it is. For example, during daylight it will be possible to see crowds of them on the city streets. However, at night there will be less of them around. Similarly, different enemies will appear at different times of the day on the world map. Other more powerful enemies will only appear on specific days of the week.

Is this game trying to make me wake up early? :|
It better have a change game time like Xenoblade did. I'm not changing the PS3 clock everytime. >.<

Any other tidbits you found interesting?
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#2PillsberyDoeManPosted 12/3/2012 6:45:49 PM
the strip club thing can't be real.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#3deathszxPosted 12/3/2012 6:56:00 PM
Most of these i've never seen mentioned anywhere else but the wiki,so somebody probably put false info there.
#4reno385Posted 12/3/2012 6:58:30 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...

Yeah I find it hard to believe especially since that whole paragraph doesn't have a source.
#5PillsberyDoeManPosted 12/3/2012 7:03:36 PM
can you imagine? a strip club in a ff game? se would find a way to screw it up or make the girls in there annoying.
---
#6Exentryk(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 7:11:22 PM

Given the realism Nomura is going for, I wouldn't be surprised if it was real.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#7adnancool13Posted 12/3/2012 7:12:54 PM
**** Strip clubs! Give me a Stella Shower Scene and Ill be already Noctis Orgying :3
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#8PillsberyDoeManPosted 12/3/2012 11:08:40 PM
Exentryk posted...

i still don't think it's plausible. a strip club is so out of left field a ff game. it's not that franchise's style.
---
#9Cyber_Boy94Posted 12/3/2012 11:31:47 PM
Exentryk posted...

i still don't think it's plausible. a strip club is so out of left field a ff game. it's not that franchise's style.

I wouldn't be surprised if you see them but can't enter them.
---
PSN=Cyber_Boy94, Youtube = http://www.youtube.com/user/SyberBoy94?feature=mhee
The Official Keyblade Master of the FF Versus XIII Board
#10zombie_basher13Posted 12/3/2012 11:53:44 PM
Does Shibuya have strip clubs?
---
Look alive, you fools.