Final Fantasy Versus XIII: The Journey called Waiting! An interesting analysis!

#1Vidius101Posted 12/6/2012 10:25:10 PM(edited)
I have been waiting ever since it was announced in 2006.

I was a high school sophomore. Now, I'm currently a Junior in college and it still haven't came out.

There are multiple theories about its development. These are my top 6 reasons.

1. It's secretly canceled. Haven't been announced to public cuz that would cause a scandal.

2. Never existed in the first place. Was just a pacemaker to hype Final Fantasy XIII. After all, it was announced about the same time as 13 but Versus truly stole the show.

3. True Vapor Ware!

4. Don't have current technology to implement the director's vision. It happened to Star Wars and it could happen again. Therefore waiting game is in effect till PS4, etc.

5. Not enough time and manpower. Square have only let a handful of people worked on it so far and keep delaying them by giving them even more projects, etc.

6. Gonna be ported to Xbox 360, Wii U, etc. (Square you sly basts!)

At the end of the day, I have been simply losing interest. Why I care anymore is beyond me!

It's not an ethical business practice to announced games and have them not come out even after 6 years later. Square F up big time and they probably know it. Not a very wise decision.

All they managed to do was hyped up big bad Square Enix. The fad is already over. Everyone knows it.
---
Programmed Java, Python, Mat Lab, Project Alice, MS DOS and ADA.
#2NolocNoaxPosted 12/6/2012 10:31:50 PM
ok
---
PSN: NolocNoax
Gamertag: Noloc Noax
#3ZendaikPosted 12/6/2012 11:13:37 PM
7. SE would rather focus on FF XIV and finishing up the FF XIII series with Lightning Returns first...
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#4zUkUuPosted 12/6/2012 11:17:56 PM
8. Wada is an idiot.
#5PillsberyDoeManPosted 12/6/2012 11:53:19 PM
7 & 8.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#6Vidius101(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 3:29:21 AM
Eventually, Versus will be later than even Duke Nukem.
---
Programmed Java, Python, Mat Lab, Project Alice, MS DOS and ADA.
#7zUkUuPosted 12/7/2012 3:36:15 AM
duke nukem has changed the developer quite often, and has multiple engine jumps behind it, forcing them to almost start from scratch every time. Versus not.

it's simply the inability of square to set priorities. where are the times when making games was about the passion for gaming, and not ONLY for the money.
#8PillsberyDoeManPosted 12/7/2012 5:36:22 AM
zUkUu posted...
duke nukem has changed the developer quite often, and has multiple engine jumps behind it, forcing them to almost start from scratch every time. Versus not.
it's simply the inability of square to set priorities. where are the times when making games was about the passion for gaming, and not ONLY for the money.

unfortunately, "money" is required to make those 1st party department games =(, but i see what you're saying.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#9Gigahart_gaylorPosted 12/7/2012 11:15:20 AM
TC, that was neither interesting nor an analysis.
---
Breaking Bad, great show or greatest show?
NeverDead: The worst game of this gen.
#10sehr0Posted 12/8/2012 2:54:53 PM
even though it was canceled nomura 's recent noctis sketch and "wait for his turn" hmmm...