I think it's safe to say that FFXV is already in development by Hiroyuki Ito

#11TruthPosted 12/9/2012 2:21:55 PM
There are two bits of evidence that confirm this:

1) Yoichi Wada has confirmed that internally developed HD games by Squenix Japan have been delayed because of FFXIV failing. Basically, no new HD games will not be announced until FFXIV: A Realm Reborn is out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45220117&postcount=1

2) There was interview with Hiroyuki Ito in the December 2012 issue of a German iOS magazine. He said that the announcement of his large-scale project has been delayed by Yoichi Wada until FFXIV : A Realm Reborn is released worldwide and gains a certain amount of global subscribers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroyuki_Ito#PlayStation_3_era

Conclusion: I think it's safe to say that FFXV is already being made and Hiroyuki Ito is directing it. It looks like Tetsuya Nomura was not joking when he said the story of FF Versus XIII was too extreme to be done in a mainline FF game.
#2Panda_KunPosted 12/9/2012 2:30:21 PM
Ohaiyo, Galv-San.
---
(o)(o)
( O^O)" The Official Super Panda of GFaqs.
#3PillsberyDoeManPosted 12/9/2012 2:53:13 PM
he damn well better be. between this and v13, the next 10 years should be fun.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#4MagnaderAlphaPosted 12/9/2012 3:25:28 PM
Anything is possible, but based on the information(which IS true), it IS likely so. Like I said, there only three franchises under Square Enix that they'd go "massive project" with, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy. We all know Ito would NOT be working on a new DQ or KH game, so FF is the only logical choice.

Of course, aside from that, under "unannounced titles", there's still this project that we have yet to hear about:

http://www.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Square-Enix-Unreal-Artwork.jpg

Don't think it's the Ito one, or that it would be a massive project(again, Square is hesitant regarding budget for new IPs, and would only spend money FOR a "massive project" if they knew it was a franchise familiar with fans)
#5ExentrykPosted 12/9/2012 4:21:27 PM(edited)
Panda_Kun posted...
Ohaiyo, Galv-San.

/thread. Don't believe anything posted here.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#6zUkUuPosted 12/9/2012 5:01:43 PM
1Truth posted...
He said that the announcement of his large-scale project has been delayed by Yoichi Wada until FFXIV : A Realm Reborn is released worldwide and gains a certain amount of global subscribers.

>versus delayed forever.
#7Lelouch71Posted 12/9/2012 5:06:06 PM
Oh Galv is back to create threads with the Itou making FFXV thing again.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#8ThamauturgePosted 12/9/2012 5:24:08 PM
I hope so. Ito was responsible for most of the greatest FF games. FFXII, FFIX, FFVI and he worked on the game design for every game that wasn't FFX or FFXIII (pretty hilarious, considering that these are the two worst FF games ever)
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: Majora's Mask (again), FFVIII, Vagrant Story (again)
#9zombie_basher13Posted 12/9/2012 8:37:07 PM
Yeah, I really hope it's XV. It only seems right. But don't get your hopes up, you might be surprised and disappointed at what it really is.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#10Arn544Posted 12/10/2012 6:29:04 AM
Thamauturge posted...
I hope so. Ito was responsible for most of the greatest FF games. FFXII, FFIX, FFVI and he worked on the game design for every game that wasn't FFX or FFXIII (pretty hilarious, considering that these are the two worst FF games ever)

The worst FFs are 12-14

Ito is a brilliant mind though, and hopefully if it's true he'll be returning FF to a 4-9 like battle system. SE's problem is they keep trying to "revolutionize" FF, they need to just stick to what worked and stop letting CoD be an influence in gameplay.

They also need to use the hollywood model for the story and cut the dbz style crap but that's a whole other story.