I think it's safe to say that FFXV is already in development by Hiroyuki Ito

#111Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 3:11:58 PM
Arn544 posted...
Ito is a brilliant mind though, and hopefully if it's true he'll be returning FF to a 4-9 like battle system.

Not a chance. He's already expressed a desire to evolve the ADB system he created for FFXII.
#12PillsberyDoeManPosted 12/10/2012 3:15:40 PM
1Truth posted...
Arn544 posted...
Ito is a brilliant mind though, and hopefully if it's true he'll be returning FF to a 4-9 like battle system.

Not a chance. He's already expressed a desire to evolve the ADB system he created for FFXII.

adb?
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#131Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 3:23:12 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
1Truth posted...
Arn544 posted...

adb?

Active Dimension Battle (ADB) is the name of the battle system used in FFXII. It is the official evolution of Active Time Battle (ATB).
#14UberPyro64Posted 12/11/2012 5:03:17 PM
It seems Noctis wishes to join Duke Nukem in infamy.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4340/4549charactersroster.png
#15Stella_FleuretPosted 12/12/2012 8:32:12 PM
Arn544 posted...

The worst FFs are 12-14

Ito is a brilliant mind though, and hopefully if it's true he'll be returning FF to a 4-9 like battle system. SE's problem is they keep trying to "revolutionize" FF, they need to just stick to what worked and stop letting CoD be an influence in gameplay.

They also need to use the hollywood model for the story and cut the dbz style crap but that's a whole other story.

+ FFX-2.
---
Official Stella Nox Fleuret of Gamefaqs.
"As you sow, so shall you reap."
#16zombie_basher13Posted 12/12/2012 11:06:38 PM
Arn544 posted...
Thamauturge posted...
I hope so. Ito was responsible for most of the greatest FF games. FFXII, FFIX, FFVI and he worked on the game design for every game that wasn't FFX or FFXIII (pretty hilarious, considering that these are the two worst FF games ever)

The worst FFs are 12-14

Ito is a brilliant mind though, and hopefully if it's true he'll be returning FF to a 4-9 like battle system. SE's problem is they keep trying to "revolutionize" FF, they need to just stick to what worked and stop letting CoD be an influence in gameplay.

They also need to use the hollywood model for the story and cut the dbz style crap but that's a whole other story.

No, I don't think so. People like you just don't get it. The entire point of Final Fantasy is to revolutionize with every new installment, taking inspiration from various things, not "stick to what worked." They gotta keep pushing the envelope, challenging themselves, or they're gonna stagnate.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#17Arn544Posted 12/13/2012 12:11:15 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Arn544 posted...
Thamauturge posted...
I hope so. Ito was responsible for most of the greatest FF games. FFXII, FFIX, FFVI and he worked on the game design for every game that wasn't FFX or FFXIII (pretty hilarious, considering that these are the two worst FF games ever)

The worst FFs are 12-14

No, I don't think so. People like you just don't get it. The entire point of Final Fantasy is to revolutionize with every new installment, taking inspiration from various things, not "stick to what worked." They gotta keep pushing the envelope, challenging themselves, or they're gonna stagnate.

So far pushing the envelope has cost them 100s of millions of dollars, their business model is sure working for them...

4-9 were all innovations, they need new creative variations of the ATB, not ADB or whatever this new crap they're trying. People don't like it and it's not working for them.

Innovating doesn't mean to change what's good about the game, FF1-3 were turn based, 4 was still turn based but speed became a factor.
#18MagnaderAlphaPosted 12/13/2012 1:30:42 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
I think people get too crazy when they quote "the point" of what Final Fantasy is, mainly based on what some of the development heads have stated in the past. Besides, going from an open explorable world to a ultra linear explorable world isn't what I'd call "pushing the envelope". Striving for a large, explorable world in HD IS, but considering various "changes" have been teetering back and forth between progression and regression, it's obvious that not everything in the FF series, especially as of late, has been pushing "everything" forward. There's a LOT of factors that keep this from happening(ESPECIALLY cost). And as far as I believe, not until the gaming industry finds a means to minimize cost but get the same or similar result, will we see enough means of "industry freedom" to get TRUE revolutionary progression. Until then, industries will have to play the safe route and cater to as much mainstream taste as possible for the sake of at least matching the high budgets of their games. In a way, right now, it's almost an anti-revolutionary age. Nobody wants to rock the boat.

Arn544, you do have a solid point. No offense, but especially in this day and age, money trumps "fantasy ideals of progression". You can say as much as you want regarding what you THINK you want to accomplish, but if you want slews of mulla, you are going to have to bite the bullet and sell out to the masses, abandon those "free thinking" ideas and cater to the masses. And sometimes those masses don't want drastic change. Sometimes they want something familiar.
#19WinterglaivePosted 12/13/2012 7:41:59 AM
Since when is ABD not turn-based?

XII had the best battle system, and Ito is Square's last good director working on console games (they still make those, right?) If XV, and the series, is to be saved, both Ito and his battle systems need to be involved.
#20ZendaikPosted 12/13/2012 7:52:09 AM
Is there a better source for that Ito interview than Wikipedia? A pic, perhaps?
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos