Versus XIII Delayed for the PS4?

#1Arn544Posted 12/10/2012 6:18:53 AM
Just a rumor but I think it makes a lot of sense, this says it all:

New reports are suggesting that Square-Enix are unable to produce the game for current generation consoles. And itís not even in the prototype stages yet according to one insider.

http://playstation4guide.com/2012/11/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-could-be-playstation-4-release/

If they make this a launch title then the PS4 might have a nice launch. That is assuming it's a good game, if it's like 13 and 13-2 were nobody will care but people seem to have a lot of faith that this is going to be a good game. They might wanna change the name though... and make it a seperate universe from 13 if they haven't already.
#2Arn544(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 6:20:08 AM
Just another point, I think 13 was originally supposed to be for the ps2 and got delayed for the ps3. (This added years to the development of 13)

So this actually would make a lot of sense.
#3NoctionusPosted 12/10/2012 6:32:56 AM
Or maybe it's just like FFXII. To be released at the end of PS3's lifecycle.
---
http://i.imgur.com/wAaps.gif
#4adnancool13Posted 12/10/2012 7:01:26 AM
Oh its this thread again......

Prototype? TC did you ever happen to watch the 2011 gameplay trailer and not even give a second to think that that might have been a prototype??
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#5potionsmasterPosted 12/10/2012 7:21:50 AM(edited)
Arn544 posted...
Just another point, I think 13 was originally supposed to be for the ps2 and got delayed for the ps3. (This added years to the development of 13)

So this actually would make a lot of sense.

The funny thing is, Versus was planned for a PS2 release as well.. >_>
---
The Official Glasses/Ignis of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Boards
Final Fantasy XIII(-2) is awesome!
#6Arn544(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 7:26:49 AM
adnancool13 posted...

Prototype? TC did you ever happen to watch the 2011 gameplay trailer and not even give a second to think that that might have been a prototype??

Geez somebody has an attitude problem, First of all I checked back a few pages and saw nothing posted about it. Second of all I'm just quoting somebody else, if you have a problem with it take it up with them.

Seriously dude, if it's a repeated topic why even click on it?
#7NoctionusPosted 12/10/2012 7:45:05 AM
Arn544 posted...
adnancool13 posted...

Geez somebody has an attitude problem, First of all I checked back a few pages and saw nothing posted about it. Second of all I'm just quoting somebody else, if you have a problem with it take it up with them.

Seriously dude, if it's a repeated topic why even click on it?

You can also claim something like..."wtf i don't see cancelled/doesn't exist/multiplat/to be released 20XX/E3 or TGS next year? threads in a few pages and saw nothing posted about it".
---
http://i.imgur.com/wAaps.gif
#8Rose_of_MayPosted 12/10/2012 8:09:34 AM
Noctionus posted...

While both scenarios are possible, we have to remember that this isn't 2005. This is the HD era and Japanese developers have already shown that they need extra time creating ambitious games. If moving the game to newer, more developer friendly platform(s) is what it takes to get it done then why not?

Plus, good or bad, Kitase and company seems to want to make the PS3/360 era all about Lightning kind of like how the PSX era will be remembered for Cloud.

I think that the chances of Versus being shifted to next gen isn't far fetched at all. It'll likely be renamed to FFXV.
#9Arn544(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 8:11:47 AM
You can also claim something like..."wtf i don't see cancelled/doesn't exist/multiplat/to be released 20XX/E3 or TGS next year? threads in a few pages and saw nothing posted about it".

That crap's not even the same thing, and even if there were similar topics a while back this isn't just random people starting a thread "Is this ever coming out?!"

This is about a report of it being for the PS4 instead of the ps3, and a link to a site claiming it. Maybe it's not accurate but that's not for me to say.
#10Arn544(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 8:47:53 AM
Rose_of_May posted...
Noctionus posted...

While both scenarios are possible, we have to remember that this isn't 2005. This is the HD era and Japanese developers have already shown that they need extra time creating ambitious games. If moving the game to newer, more developer friendly platform(s) is what it takes to get it done then why not?

Plus, good or bad, Kitase and company seems to want to make the PS3/360 era all about Lightning kind of like how the PSX era will be remembered for Cloud.

I think that the chances of Versus being shifted to next gen isn't far fetched at all. It'll likely be renamed to FFXV.

I think it does need a name change but Idk if I'd like it being XV, I don't think I've seen the actual gameplay but isn't it really differen't than the main series? Many people as well as myself would not be happy to see them go even more in the action gameplay direction.

And for the record I don't think a demo is a prototype.
Pretty sure a prototype is when the game is finished and then put onto a disc for testing, a demo is a tiny fraction of the game. Also I doubt that demo was run on a ps3.

And here's another link about the rumor with a little more info:
http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/07/14/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-could-be-playstation-4-release-instead/