Versus XIII Delayed for the PS4?

#21Gandalf the IstariPosted 12/11/2012 12:03:49 PM
Wada better be careful, especially if the ps4 is as high priced as ps3 was at time of release - his hardcore fanbase that is already pissed about XIII going multiplat will not be pleased about never getting Versus for ps3.
#22ExtremeLightPosted 12/11/2012 12:13:25 PM
OwGandalf the Istari posted...
Wada better be careful, especially if the ps4 is as high priced as ps3 was at time of release - his hardcore fanbase that is already pissed about XIII going multiplat will not be pleased about never getting Versus for ps3.

Hah! Think for a moment: hardcore PS fanboy are gonna get the system on it release date anyway. We talking millions. Say Sony only best launch title was versus. it would be a win-win for both companies. Some expert are saying that price could actually be lower than ps3 because it might use some tech that are cheap now. Another factor is if both xbox 720 and ps4 release at the same time then there will be competitive pricing. Since both want to outsell the other they will reduce prices.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#23Holy_Cloud105Posted 12/11/2012 2:41:23 PM

Sony has come out and said that they plan on not making a dumb launch price for the PS4 like they did with the PS3.
---
"Thunder is in the heavens, lightning illuminates the fields!"
"The sun rises, and the shadows take flight!"
#24ExentrykPosted 12/11/2012 3:47:05 PM
I'd rather they keep the price high and give me the absolute best in hardware specs, rather than lower the price and release a low spec product. I mean, it's not like they upgrade their product every year. It lasts 5-10 years and I'd happily pay $1000 for it. I want to see games like Agni THIS coming gen, not the one after.

They are looking at bringing awesome tech while keeping the cost down. One example is their gaze idea, which uses eyes to navigate the PS4. Rather than using multiple high res cameras or glasses, which are costly, they're investigating magnetic contact lenses.
I am not really comfortable with contacts so I hope they find something else though -.-

Anyway, the main thing they need to work on is making it development friendly. Maybe allow their console games to be easily ported to their handhelds. Make them scalable like that.
Work on software, as Sony suffers in this department. Perhaps partner with Google and gain the benefits of their app store.
Use the learning from PSVita's lack of success, even though it is a powerhouse.

Having said that, I have a feeling that the PS4 will be low spec and cost friendly, which is a shame, really.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#25Panda_KunPosted 12/11/2012 4:02:20 PM
Exentryk posted...
I'd rather they keep the price high and give me the absolute best in hardware specs, rather than lower the price and release a low spec product. I mean, it's not like they upgrade their product every year. It lasts 5-10 years and I'd happily pay $1000 for it. I want to see games like Agni THIS coming gen, not the one after.

They are looking at bringing awesome tech while keeping the cost down. One example is their gaze idea, which uses eyes to navigate the PS4. Rather than using multiple high res cameras or glasses, which are costly, they're investigating magnetic contact lenses.
I am not really comfortable with contacts so I hope they find something else though -.-

Anyway, the main thing they need to work on is making it development friendly. Maybe allow their console games to be easily ported to their handhelds. Make them scalable like that.
Work on software, as Sony suffers in this department. Perhaps partner with Google and gain the benefits of their app store.
Use the learning from PSVita's lack of success, even though it is a powerhouse.

Having said that, I have a feeling that the PS4 will be low spec and cost friendly, which is a shame, really.

1000 dollars. Someone has extra spending money. Care to share the love? :3
---
(o)(o)
( O^O)" The Official Super Panda of GFaqs.
#26jenraisPosted 12/11/2012 5:22:34 PM
Think i posted this already but...

I got a ps3 for versus. Call me stupid but if its switched to PS4.

I want a free copy.
#27ExentrykPosted 12/11/2012 5:45:42 PM
Panda_Kun posted...

I doubt the official Panda of Gamefaqs needs any financial help. ;P

Btw, this article is saying PS4 will come out in 2014.

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/12/10/confused-about-xbox-next-and-ps4-code-names/
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#28Panda_KunPosted 12/11/2012 6:07:59 PM
Exentryk posted...
Panda_Kun posted...

I doubt the official Panda of Gamefaqs needs any financial help. ;P

Btw, this article is saying PS4 will come out in 2014.

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/12/10/confused-about-xbox-next-and-ps4-code-names/

But I do! D:

2014..? Hmm. Maybe I will be rich by then.
...nah. But 2014 does seem like a reasonable year for the PS4's release. Wonder if Sony can do better this time around. The PS3's launch was quite awful.
---
(o)(o)
( O^O)" The Official Super Panda of GFaqs.
#29Stella_FleuretPosted 12/12/2012 8:38:48 PM
And who knows if SE doesn't have any plans for a sequel to Versus? They did it with X, XII & now with XIII. And XIII gets a second sequel, too.

Versus could have a sequel game for PS4. It is not impossible.
---
Official Stella Nox Fleuret of Gamefaqs.
"As you sow, so shall you reap."
#30ExtremeLightPosted 12/12/2012 8:43:57 PM
Stella_Fleuret posted...
And who knows if SE doesn't have any plans for a sequel to Versus? They did it with X, XII & now with XIII. And XIII gets a second sequel, too.

Versus could have a sequel game for PS4. It is not impossible.

Technically there was no sequel to 12. Otherwise you can say the FF7 had the most "sequels"
Also I don't think Versus should be a sequel game. I think they should move on to FFX remake for the PS3 (or PS4) and FFXV. It's time to move out of 13.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.