Gaming has evolved so much since this was announced

#11firegod69Posted 12/13/2012 10:41:49 AM
Evolved?
The only thing thats evolved are graphics everything else is devolving
#12zUkUuPosted 12/13/2012 10:59:45 AM
firegod69 posted...
Evolved?

Story writing has succumbed to action-bombast-flashy-boom-boom for the most part too. with the exception of blessed NieR.
#13ExtremeLightPosted 12/13/2012 3:28:08 PM
firegod69 posted...
Evolved?

Gaming? Sim 3? Assassin Creed? BF3? Infamous? Halo? Check your facts.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#14firegod69Posted 12/13/2012 5:04:04 PM
None of those are any good if you ask me
I mean Way back when every genre had a decent story in the game
now you can only find a decent story in JRPGs and Certain Fighting games
#15sehr0Posted 12/13/2012 5:23:23 PM
definitely its changing over time, we already know that the game will use Luminous engine for the lightning so that is something wouldnt have happened if the game was released early, anyway am sure this game had alot of scraped shi*.
#16Ecclesiastes273Posted 12/13/2012 5:37:10 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
firegod69 posted...
Evolved?

Gaming? Sim 3? Assassin Creed? BF3? Infamous? Halo? Check your facts.

Not enough glorious nippon, I guess.
---
Seven. Point. Five.
#17zombie_basher13Posted 12/13/2012 7:12:15 PM
Gaming has evolved? Are you kidding me? Maybe a few things, but in general it hasn't gotten much better at all. Call of Duty Black Ops 2, endless HD remasters, series reboots, shoddy sequels and IPs, and Elder Scrolls Mainstream say hello.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#18ExtremeLightPosted 12/13/2012 7:22:54 PM
From the beginning of PS3 to now gaming had involved tremendously. CoD3 is completely out of BO2 league. We got the Assassin Creed series. Halo evolved. Sims 3 is completely far beyond sims 2. Graphics may be the main things but it wasn't the only thing. This passing gen had brought us parkour style game (Assassin Creed, Infamous). It brought us the rise of the online community. Anyone who say gaming haven't evolved by much since 2006 is in for a rude awakening.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#19MagnaderAlphaPosted 12/14/2012 8:30:21 AM
ExtremeLight posted...
From the beginning of PS3 to now gaming had involved tremendously. CoD3 is completely out of BO2 league. We got the Assassin Creed series. Halo evolved. Sims 3 is completely far beyond sims 2. Graphics may be the main things but it wasn't the only thing. This passing gen had brought us parkour style game (Assassin Creed, Infamous). It brought us the rise of the online community. Anyone who say gaming haven't evolved by much since 2006 is in for a rude awakening.

I wouldn't say parkour styled gaming is "evolved" gaming more than "change in taste", it's not "progressive" but "different", which in itself, is important as a whole. You need lots of different styles in gaming to broaden the genre and show developers and gamers that there's more to it than what's pop trendy or what people deem as the status quo(modern standard). And while the boom of the online community is somewhat evolved within gaming, not all games should adhere to online gaming standard. Not all games are meant to be that or should.
#20rikkuster26Posted 12/14/2012 9:58:36 AM
None of those are any good if you ask me
I mean Way back when every genre had a decent story in the game
now you can only find a decent story in JRPGs and Certain Fighting games

You're kidding, right? What about the Uncharted series? BioShock? Assassin's Creed?
---
The Official Prompto and Bazooka Lance of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board!
"Ho ho ho, I arrive!" - Quina, FFIX