after seeing LR in action, do you believe Versus XIII can still save SE?

#31PostDisasterPosted 12/20/2012 4:20:26 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
LR will only appeal to the fans who likes FFXIII and/or Lightning. Anyone who was expecting it to "save" SE need to stop smoking weed. SE doesn't really need saving. It's doing well financially with social, mobile, and handheld games. Not to mention the FFXIII saga been giving them some money to help recoup the huge loss of FFXIV. SE has fans just well as haters. They will have haters no matter what they do, so there's no point in worrying about them. Quite frankly I couldn't give a rat ass about them. Versus will not "save" anything. It will have haters too. I can guarantee that. Whether it will have a mixture reception like FFXIII is a different matter.

I just expect a lot of disappointed people when it comes to Versus on gamefaqs. I can't wait to see it happen. I will enjoy the chaos. However, I'm quite sure I will enjoy this game just as well as LR since I don't have any high expectations to begin with.

I agree. With all the hype and expectation for Versus...after a 6 year wait, I have my suspicion that it will be the saving grace everyone is looking for.

Also...what needs to be saved? What really needs to be done away with is this move to smartphones. I heard that they may finally remake FFV...for smartphones....wtf...
#32G-NsericoPosted 12/20/2012 6:36:41 PM
Maybe, Versus XIII is the last hope to save SE, we'll know when the game is finally released (if that ever happens).

From what I have seen and in the various videos that have appeared of Versus XIII so far, it looks quite different from the FFXIII trilogy. Its dark and modern aesthetic resembles that of FFVII. Perhaps that is why so many people think that this game can be the salvation of SE.

Personally, I did not like FFXIII. It was the first game in the series that did not even finish, bored me to death. I did not interested in any character, except maybe for Lightnign. The game was pure "eye candy" graphics, no gameplay, lineal for the most part, no towns, no shops, boring story. I do not even bother with FFXIII-2, I heard that is even worse.
#33ExtremeLightPosted 12/20/2012 7:38:39 PM
Guys... Are we talking about saving SE? Or are we talking about saving FF?
The way I see it SE is doing mighty find now: Sleeping dogs, Hitman Absolution, some mobile games, etc.

It is FF that need saving. 12 and 13 were sort of controversial. There is an obvious divide between those who like them and those who don't. 14 is a finacial nightmare. I think LR is merely the "fun" game. I don't expect it to be challenging or long. I do believe that Versus is the saving grace of FF. However it is very uncertain what 7+ years of hype would do once the game is release (most likely in 2014). Versus, I feel is in serious danger of being overhyped.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#34abnergoinbigPosted 12/20/2012 7:51:08 PM
Im looking forward to Lightning Returns.
#35Zio_DynePosted 12/22/2012 3:55:30 PM
I just wish Lightning would stop returning already.
#36Ecclesiastes273Posted 12/22/2012 4:17:10 PM
What the hell happened in XIII-2 that requires Lightning to "return", anyway?

Feel free to violently spoil the game, by all means.
---
Seven. Point. Five.
#37PillsberyDoeMan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 5:01:43 PM
Ecclesiastes273 posted...

13-2 spoilers
serah ends up dying and lightning becomes a goddess through etro's powers or some crap like that. that or she's etro-reincarnate.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii... -> EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
Zelda Timeline! - http://goo.gl/XFceA
#38zUkUuPosted 12/22/2012 7:18:28 PM
I finished 13-2 when it was released and can't remember jack about the story. only a few bits here and there.

it was that bad and bland. everything except a "to be continued" - so unless you buy the story DLC you're pretty clueless.
#39ExtremeLightPosted 12/22/2012 8:56:43 PM
Ecclesiastes273 posted...

She knew that she could not stop what would happen so she went into a cystral sleep and pretty much lock herself away while Caius free Yuel and allow the goddess' gate to open wide and the chaos to spew out unto all of time. Basically Lightning is pretty much absent for centuries and returns to save a world anew.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, BO2 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. 2013. Lightning Return will be super awesome.
#40MoogleCakePosted 12/23/2012 12:44:21 AM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
can v13 bring se back to its' once legendary roots, where you'd half to be crazy to not like ff?

There really isn't any game series that someone would have to be crazy to not like. FF has always had its share of detractors. Versus looks to be a fun game, but I'll wait and see like all other games to decide whether I'll buy it. No, I don't think it will 'save' SE.