The future of Final Fantasy,: Good, Bad, Depressing? Your thoughts.

#1Rose_of_MayPosted 12/27/2012 8:30:36 AM
With new game consoles rumored to be releasing in the next year or two, and developers like SE making plans for the big jump, where do you guys see Final Fantasy headed?

For me, FF used to be an instant buy. But after FFXII and FFXIII the series hype died. Then there's the way they're treating Type-0, an old school FF game I'd love to get my mittens on will likely never see a western release.

Versus is in limbo, FFXHD is mia all because of the company's need to keep FFXIV alive. I don't know what the future holds for FF, but from where I'm sitting, it's rather depressing.
#2Kumori_no_YoruPosted 12/27/2012 8:41:18 AM
Honestly, most of my annoyance is aimed towards XIV and the XIII trilogy. The former for delaying pretty much all of their HD titles, and the latter because -- I enjoyed XIII but I felt it wasn't perfect by any means, and I can't bring myself to care for the sequels -- they're making sequels for a game not many people liked.

I doubt Type-0 will ever be localized if going by a comment Square's NA Twitter from earlier this year saying they had no idea fans wanted Type-0 to be localized, so I just take that as them having selective hearing. Even then, importing fixed that right up for me, but I still feel it's important to get it localized.

I still enjoy the series, but I'm not going to expect Versus any time soon. As for FFXHD, I lost interest the moment they stated they had problems as it's just an HD port, and I've already played the game to hell and back, so I can't bring myself to even play the game anymore at this point.

...I can see why people would care for FFXHD, however, particularly if they missed out on the initial PS2 release, so I understand there's some reason to be disappointed in its lack of information and updates being provided.
---
PSN: Neophoton (I pop up whenever, so I'll add you back whenever I do get on)
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
#3Dinosaur_f4rtPosted 12/27/2012 8:53:59 AM
Honestly, most of my annoyance is aimed towards XIV and the XIII trilogy

Im actually anticipating XIV and Vaporware XIII.

And my sig is a pisstake. I dont like Lamething.
---
FINAL FANTASY XIII-4 BIATCHEZ! MOAR LIGHTNING! Yes, I am the last surviving Dinosaur, Im cute, lovable, RAWRR! Fear Me!
#4largerockPosted 12/27/2012 9:02:14 AM
Depressing.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#5zUkUuPosted 12/27/2012 9:38:47 AM
FF11 is an MMO I don't care about
FF12 was bad
FF13 was very very bad - yet they keep spawning sequels
FF14 is an MMO i don't care about

seeing the past 12 years of the company I once loved to death, I don't see any point in believing that they'll ever get up again. the ignorance in listening to the fans is what will be ultimately their doom. I have no hope for FF 15 to be honest. it'll be FF13 all over again.
#6shinigami_mattPosted 12/27/2012 11:24:52 AM
Who knows. XII was utter garbage. Only gotten better since XIII trilogy. Hopefully it can go back to before XII.

I doubt they'll ever be amazing again.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#7Kumori_no_YoruPosted 12/27/2012 11:34:01 AM
Honestly, most of my annoyance is aimed towards XIV and the XIII trilogy

Im actually anticipating XIV and Vaporware XIII.

And my sig is a pisstake. I dont like Lamething.

I wouldn't be surprised if they fart out a XIII-4 at this rate.
---
PSN: Neophoton (I pop up whenever, so I'll add you back whenever I do get on)
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
#8zUkUuPosted 12/27/2012 11:35:10 AM(edited)
hey 50% of the enemies are new as recently proudly announced by Square... :X
#9MrRoxas9192Posted 12/27/2012 12:17:47 PM
Is XII really that bad? I've been planning to play it soon too.. Meh, as long as it isn't as bad as XIII I think I'll still play it.
#10deathszxPosted 12/27/2012 12:32:37 PM
MrRoxas9192 posted...
Is XII really that bad? I've been planning to play it soon too.. Meh, as long as it isn't as bad as XIII I think I'll still play it.

Nope, remember people have different opinions,i found FFXII great,vastly better than 13.